BettorIQ Records

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
We observe some rather selective sample size judgments by BettorIQ:

Waz' NHL sample of 42-55-3, -27.57u is apparently just too small to mention in the first overall post. However, his latest CBB runs of 32-17 (started Jan 26) to 43-23 (Feb 8) cumulative from Dec. 19th, were worthy of being prominently touted on the recap and website home page.

Yet they're, 'Changing the Game."

It seems like the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Waz

EOG Addicted

Waz' NHL sample of 42-55-3, -27.57u is apparently just too small to mention in the first overall post. However, his latest CBB runs of 32-17 (started Jan 26) to 43-23 (Feb 8) cumulative from Dec. 19th, were worthy of being prominently touted on the recap and website home page.

The shorter-term type of records for handicappers were not originally posted on the website. However, we quickly started fielding calls and emails on a regular basis from “daily” and Best Bet purchasers wanting to know who was in good form and seeing things well lately. Instead of constantly responding to these requests individually, we listened to the customer and started featuring the best runs at the bottom of the Recap page each day. We’ve received good feedback on that type of reporting overall, as even those who purchase full season subscriptions appreciate knowing how everyone has been performing lately. Some clients even base their current bet sizes on it.

As more of a long-term view kind of person, I tend to look at things over a 2-3 year horizon rather than the last few weeks or months. I would rather know what someone has done over the last three seasons rather than the last three months. But I’ve come to realize that I am definitely in the minority in that regard amongst bettors. If someone hits 55% for three years straight and is going through a rough 22-45 type of run, many followers would jump ship (and vice versa during a hot run). I don’t look at it that way. But this isn't just about me.

I didn’t want to even post our results for the first six months here because I thought that was way to small of a sample to represent BettorIQ. However, I had a couple of people nudging me to do so and decided to let the numbers speak for themselves. You can read into them what you desire.

Waz your "logic" really doesnt work.

All over your site are short term runs... Yet you are saying 6 months is too small of a sample! Yeah, that makes sense....

Every person on your site should have their long term records posted (since bettoriq started)

Every sports should have long term records.

This really isnt difficult.

Any other type of transparency is shady.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

His logic makes a straight line look like a figure 8 but Tipsters tend to do that.

All over your site are short term runs... Yet you are saying 6 months is too small of a sample! Yeah, that makes sense....

LMAO. I know but what I don't know is if he knows how silly he sounds.

Every person on your site should have their long term records posted (since bettoriq started)

Can you get an, "Amen." Yes you can, Amen.

No, it most certainly isn't but Tipsters find it analogous to splitting the Atom.

Hi, My name is, Hi, my name is.... Waz Shady!

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
It's dangerous when smart guys go rogue.

Here's hoping WAZ never goes rogue.

He's smart enough to avoid me; that's for sure. This dude won't come near me and I am not using reverse psychology.

Waz, come and get some, I'm daring you. Do you feel lucky? Well, do you, Punk?

Waz

EOG Addicted

We could just take down all of our short-term records and post something like this instead:

Dime bettors are up over $100,000 in six months AFTER service costs at BettorIQ
Nickel bettors are up over $50,000
$100 per game bettors up $10,000

To me that is more impressive than the short-term runs and I'd rather post that on the front page every day of the week. However, you guys are missing the point of running a business. You cater to the customer to run a successful business. John's point on airline crashes is brilliant. You don't see airlines advertising the amount of people that have died in plane crashes. They focus on things that get people excited about flying and traveling (the service, the trip, the destination). It's a means to the end to get them to buy an airline ticket. Once they get to their destination, they were glad they bought that ticket.

I know that if people buy picks from BettorIQ, they are going to win money long-term. Our records have proven that. My goal then becomes to do whatever it takes to get them to buy so that they can make that $100,000 in six months and experience the winning. If that means we have to put up a promo saying that someone is on an 18-4 run to encourage them to buy, then we'll do it. 18-4 is a sexier record than 140-98 to most people, even though most of us at EOG know that the latter is definitely the better record. It may push that person over the edge to buy a season subscription. Then what happens next? They win a lot of money and then come back and buy again. Our retention rate is unmatched, so we just have to get them in the door for their own good. So we do what it takes to get that person to make the "initial" purchase. Our methodology is simply a means to the end.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Dear Waz Shady,

Let me help you out by pointing out just some of your silliness:

All over your site are short term runs...

To anyone w/ a brain, this looks like you're sharing profitable samples from an unprofitable population.

The only people who take this shit seriously are non-serious people; the people you cater to.

This is a no-spin zone so please stop spinning; you're only making yourself dizzy as witnessed by some of your inane posts.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
John's point on airline crashes is brilliant. You don't see airlines advertising the amount of people that have died in plane crashes. They focus on things that get people excited about flying and traveling (the service, the trip, the destination). It's a means to the end to get them to buy an airline ticket. Once they get to their destination, they were glad they bought that ticket.

You should give a TEDx talk on running a business.

I could give one on Gambling and/or Trading and included in that speech would be, “Don’t fucking advertize your edge.”

I know that if people buy picks from BettorIQ, they are going to win money long-term.

You can’t possibly know that since the future doesn’t exist in the present moment and you have no idea how the clients bet and/or use the picks.

Our records have proven that.

According to you.

My goal then becomes to do whatever it takes to get them to buy so that they can make that $100,000 in six months and experience the winning.

You’re out of your fucking mind.

We need to attach like a breathaylizer or something to Waz’s laptop and make sure he is fully sober before he is allowed to operate it.

If that means we have to put up a promo saying that someone is on an 18-4 run to encourage them to buy, then we'll do it.

LOL. The exact opposite of what they should be doing if all The Tipster Chics are indeed +EV.

With any investment strategy, the best time to invest is at the bottom of a drawdown (historically speaking) as things tend to revert to the mean, we just don’t always know what that, “Tipster Mean,” is because you guys won’t tell us.

Great work encouraging bad habits.

18-4 is a sexier record than 140-98 to most people, even though most of us at EOG know that the latter is definitely the better record. It may push that person over the edge to buy a season subscription. Then what happens next? They win a lot of money and then come back and buy again.

Do they? Where do I sign up?

Our retention rate is unmatched,

How the fuck do you know?

so we just have to get them in the door for their own good.

LMAO. You’re crazier than I am. For their own good? They don’t need you, you narcissist.

So we do what it takes to get that person to make the "initial" purchase. Our methodology is simply a means to the end.

JFC, what a Salesman. Whatever happened to letting the numbers speak for themselves?

Waz

EOG Addicted
You actually make a couple of decent points in there GameBred, with some bonus points for humor so not too bad. I'll let others make their own determinations, but I thought it was important to explain why we offer some short-term records on the site despite having solid longer-term results. It wasn't to hide anything, as our overall records prove. It's simply a business decision that the internal data we've collected supports in terms of buying.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
You actually make a couple of decent points in there GameBred, with some bonus points for humor so not too bad. I'll let others make their own determinations, but I thought it was important to explain why we offer some short-term records on the site despite having solid longer-term results. It wasn't to hide anything, as our overall records prove. It's simply a business decision that the internal data we've collected supports in terms of buying.

GameBred does what the fuck GameBred wants.

If GameBred wants to refer to himself in the third person, then GameBred will refer himself in the third person!!!

In all seriousness. You know you've gone totally insane, right? 100K in 6 months for clients? If any of you could do that you wouldn't be selling. That's at least 200K a year. I don't know what your expenses are but I do know families that live on alot less. This is making less and less sense to me.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

LOL. Gee. You think so? Thanks, you sound surprised.

I must say, I didn't think I would be hearing from you; not very smart on your part.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Waz's documented record in EOG's Best Bet thread: 0-1 -1.00 UNITS.

We need a winner from WAZ to even his mark.

And while we're on the subject of winning wagers, GameBred, could you please supply for our community a soccer winner at plus-money.

Thanks in advance.

Waz

EOG Addicted
GameBred does what the fuck GameBred wants.

If GameBred wants to refer to himself in the third person, then GameBred will refer himself in the third person!!!

In all seriousness. You know you've gone totally insane, right? 100K in 6 months for clients? If any of you could do that you wouldn't be selling. That's at least 200K a year. I don't know what your expenses are but I do know families that live on alot less. This is making less and less sense to me.

Ha, you are a funny guy GameBred. I like your style and appreciate the skepticism as I'm the same way (it comes from my auditing days in public accounting).

The $100,000 of profit is simply if you had bet a dime on each and every game we have released since inception, less service costs (we're up over 100 units of profit). It's that simple. And to be perfectly clear, not many of our clients have purchased access to every single subscription on BettorIQ. But if you were amongst those few and had bet $1,000 per game, you'd be up over $100k (or at $500 per game then $50,000 of profit overall, etc). The average client only purchases 2-3 subscriptions and has received only a subset of those results.

Waz

EOG Addicted

And while we're on the subject of winning wagers, GameBred, could you please supply for our community a soccer winner at plus-money.

Thanks in advance.

That would be -1.10 UNITS John. You should know better than to exclude the vig.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Ha, you are a funny guy GameBred. I like your style and appreciate the skepticism as I'm the same way (it comes from my auditing days in public accounting).

The $100,000 of profit is simply if you had bet a dime on each and every game we have released since inception, less service costs (we're up over 100 units of profit). It's that simple. And to be perfectly clear, not many of our clients have purchased access to every single subscription on BettorIQ. But if you were amongst those few and had bet $1,000 per game, you'd be up over $100k (or at $500 per game then $50,000 of profit overall, etc). The average client only purchases 2-3 subscriptions and has received only a subset of those results.

I agree it's possible but what I don't understand is if you guys can make that bread for yourself, why the fuck would you even contemplate opening the kimono and risk compromising your edge? It's not logical to me. Are the subscription fees really worth the risk?

Last edited:

MrTop

EOG Master
I had ER at the memo . 2x timmy 1 x

ER- buried
ER - buried
timmy - buried

ER gives out most of his plays at 8am pacific - players cannot get the plays at the same number. He plays the moves to increase his % or he makes the plays himself. Most of time it did not matter. Still got buried.

Last edited by a moderator:

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

Thanks in advance.

I'm a Trader, not a Gambler and my best trades are actually the ones that I am wrong about but don't lose a lot of money on. Well, I'm not necessarily wrong from your POV (The Gamblers) as sometimes if I just sat on the position it would work out in the end but hope isn't a strategy; keeping all losses small, is. I share this with you because I don't think in those terms (picking outcome winners).

W/ that said, if I see something that stands out to me, I will pop in and say something, just know that I won't have a conventional bet on it and it will probably be outside the actual market I trade (I'm paranoid) but it will contain positive expectancy; at least IMO :)

MrTop

EOG Master
Put the plays up 2-5 minutes after they take off, sort of what RAS does. (No next day recap, horrible idea)

If the sender has no customers, he can go 15-2.

A blind man can see it.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I'm a Trader, not a Gambler and my best trades are actually the ones that I am wrong about but don't lose a lot of money on. Well, I'm not necessarily wrong from your POV (The Gamblers) as sometimes if I just sat on the position it would work out in the end but hope isn't a strategy; keeping all losses small, is. I share this with you because I don't think in those terms (picking outcome winners).

W/ that said, if I see something that stands out to me, I will pop in and say something, just know that I won't have a conventional bet on it and it will probably be outside the actual market I trade (I'm paranoid) but it will contain positive expectancy; at least IMO :)

Deal.

Valuist

EOG Master
I know that Bettor IQ had podcasts on their site but I have not been able to access them. An error message "cannot provide secure connection". Just an FYI and while I do not buy picks from any of the touts, their podcasts were worth a listen.

MrTop

EOG Master
The 'Memo was a tougher outfit.

If you lost with them, they said suck it up soldier and come back next month.

Waz

EOG Addicted
I agree it's possible but what I don't understand is if you guys can make that bread for yourself, why the fuck would you even contemplate opening the kimono and risk compromising your edge? It's not logical to me. Are the subscription fees really worth the risk?

There are numerous benefits to being in the business that we are that go beyond the obvious. Most are not shareable on a public forum, but I will say this. There isn't a better time than now to be involved in the sports betting business given the huge inflection point coming in the next 3-5 years. We're going to have legal sports betting in 25-30 states by the end of 2022. I'm even more bullish on this industry than most and it's not unfathomable that it grows more than 10x over that span. We are positioning ourselves to ride that wave and what we offer now at BettorIQ is just the tip of the iceberg.

Waz

EOG Addicted
I know that Bettor IQ had podcasts on their site but I have not been able to access them. An error message "cannot provide secure connection". Just an FYI and while I do not buy picks from any of the touts, their podcasts were worth a listen.

Are you trying to access the podcasts on the mobile site or on desktop? We have been making some updates to mobile and certain pages have been down at times. Try refreshing the page and see if you can access the podcasts now.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
There are numerous benefits to being in the business that we are that go beyond the obvious. Most are not shareable on a public forum, but I will say this. There isn't a better time than now to be involved in the sports betting business given the huge inflection point coming in the next 3-5 years. We're going to have legal sports betting in 25-30 states by the end of 2022. I'm even more bullish on this industry than most and it's not unfathomable that it grows more than 10x over that span. We are positioning ourselves to ride that wave and what we offer now at BettorIQ is just the tip of the iceberg.

That's a different tune than the one you recited two years ago which cited the stock market as your clear choice over sports betting.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

I get the potential benefits, maybe not all, but there are several. The only problem is, once you cross a line in life, that line moves. I mean review your posts in this thread, you sound like a fucking Infomercial; it’s weird and off-putting, at least to me.

One day you want to conquer Wall Street and the next you want to be the next big thing in the Sports Betting World… I just want to do one thing, make better trades… I don’t want to become some Tipster Parasite looking for Hosts by figuring out the best way to get them to buy my shit by encouraging them to chase the returns of our latest hottest Capper. That is not right living to me. If you’re a Pro, bet or sell; make a choice. Don’t front-run clients and rationalize it on the backend; it’s not the right thing to do. I may be the Big Bad Bully of EOG but my hypocrisy only goes so far; I don’t have the heart to front-run people and I don’t understand how that doesn’t bother you.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated

CB- in the tout word that’s called creative marketing. Then he posts his winning sports and leaves out his losing one’s. The word scum comes to mind, but I’m sure there are others. Put these clowns in the same room and then blow it up.

Valuist

EOG Master
Are you trying to access the podcasts on the mobile site or on desktop? We have been making some updates to mobile and certain pages have been down at times. Try refreshing the page and see if you can access the podcasts now.

I have been trying to access the podcasts thru my desktop.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I get the potential benefits, maybe not all, but there are several. The only problem is, once you cross a line in life, that line moves. I mean review your posts in this thread, you sound like a fucking Infomercial; it’s weird and off-putting, at least to me.

One day you want to conquer Wall Street and the next you want to be the next big thing in the Sports Betting World… I just want to do one thing, make better trades… I don’t want to become some Tipster Parasite looking for Hosts by figuring out the best way to get them to buy my shit by encouraging them to chase the returns of our latest hottest Capper. That is not right living to me. If you’re a Pro, bet or sell; make a choice. Don’t front-run clients and rationalize it on the backend; it’s not the right thing to do. I may be the Big Bad Bully of EOG but my hypocrisy only goes so far; I don’t have the heart to front-run people and I don’t understand how that doesn’t bother you.

Groovin would be proud.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Groovin would be proud.

I would say early on, because I had so much respect for him, he definitely influenced my anti-Tipster (in most cases) stance and then as I continued in my professional development, it kind of just organically takes you over, in the sense that it doesn't make much sense. It's simply not worth the risk unless you're after some semi-fame and/or semi-celebrity.

Last edited: