Big 10 Championship opener

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Same-season rematch.

I lean to the well-disciplined 'dog.

OSU should be about a two-touchdown favorite.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
The only thing I would say is....................THE Ohio State knows all they need to do is WIN. Score is meaningless. If they and LSU win, LSU will jump to #1 and OSU #2. If LSU loses then OSU will go to #1

Having said that I might wait and not bet the game but see about LIVE betting. If Wisky scores first you can less than 16.5/17 and if OSU scores first the rout might be on and laying a bigger number might make more sense since the game could quickly get out of hand

boston massacre

EOG Master
The only thing I would say is....................THE Ohio State knows all they need to do is WIN. Score is meaningless. If they and LSU win, LSU will jump to #1 and OSU #2. If LSU loses then OSU will go to #1

Having said that I might wait and not bet the game but see about LIVE betting. If Wisky scores first you can less than 16.5/17 and if OSU scores first the rout might be on and laying a bigger number might make more sense since the game could quickly get out of hand

If both Win Out, I would ask, Why LSU would jump Ohio St. ?

Still believe Committee Looks at Margin of Victory, the Level of Domination of your opponent, Style Points, Eye Test, etc.

If LSU showed all those Factors, and Ohio St. won in a unconvincing Fashion, LSU may jump them in that scenario.

When you say score is meaningless, that may not necessarily be the case. Ohio St. may want to try to blow out Wisconsin, if #1 Seed matters to them.

Also, if Oklahoma and Utah both win out, I think those Factors I mentioned, will determine the #4 Seed.

If Utah beats Oregon in Overtime, and Oklahoma beats Baylor by 40, who's #4 ?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
If both Win Out, I would ask, Why LSU would jump Ohio St. ?

Still believe Committee Looks at Margin of Victory, the Level of Domination of your opponent, Style Points, Eye Test, etc.

If LSU showed all those Factors, and Ohio St. won in a unconvincing Fashion, LSU may jump them in that scenario.

When you say score is meaningless, that may not necessarily be the case. Ohio St. may want to try to blow out Wisconsin, if #1 Seed matters to them.
shut own
Also, if Oklahoma and Utah both win out, I think those Factors I mentioned, will determine the #4 Seed.

If Utah beats Oregon in Overtime, and Oklahoma beats Baylor by 40, who's #4 ?

I disagree with FW on if both OU and Utah win out. Utah had the "better loss" although I know that doesn't have a huge impact. If Utah and OU met on a Neutral field Utah would win. I am 100% sure of it because Utah's D could shut down OU's Offense but OU's D ain't shutting down Utah's O. On a neutral field who would be favored - and win - between Baylor/Oregon? Oregon would and Oregon would win rather easily. Utah's win will be much better than OU's would.

As for BM's question: I believe LSU should - and probably would - be #1 because beating #4 UGA would be far more impressive than THE Ohio State beating a Wisky team that is good - not great. Even if THE Ohio State wins 59-0 and LSU only beats UGA by 3 I'd still put LSU #1 for a more impressive body of work over the entire season

kane

EOG master
I disagree with FW on if both OU and Utah win out. Utah had the "better loss" although I know that doesn't have a huge impact. If Utah and OU met on a Neutral field Utah would win. I am 100% sure of it because Utah's D could shut down OU's Offense but OU's D ain't shutting down Utah's O. On a neutral field who would be favored - and win - between Baylor/Oregon? Oregon would and Oregon would win rather easily. Utah's win will be much better than OU's would.

As for BM's question: I believe LSU should - and probably would - be #1 because beating #4 UGA would be far more impressive than THE Ohio State beating a Wisky team that is good - not great. Even if THE Ohio State wins 59-0 and LSU only beats UGA by 3 I'd still put LSU #1 for a more impressive body of work over the entire season

The bold option hasn't been working for me so I can't bold the part I want to respond to, but I agree with you about LSU getting the 1 seed, if they beat UGA I think they deserve the first seed regardless of what OSU does. LSU would have wins over Bama, Fla, Aub, and UGA, the best wins for OSU would be Wisky twice, PSU, and Michigan, the victories by LSU are much more impressive than the ones by OSU

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
If you get in the final four just win out, I think other than for seeding who's #1 or #2 is overrated.

I don't think anyone is going to beat Ohio State this year regardless where they seed them or who they play.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
It’s still an 11-win team in a power 5 conference they beat twice. Utah doesn’t have a win on their resume that good.

Neutral Field - whatcha making for a OU/Utah game? Just know if you make OU the fave I will be placing a rather large ML bet on Utah

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Neutral Field - whatcha making for a OU/Utah game? Just know if you make OU the fave I will be placing a rather large ML bet on Utah
Actual play, I would make OU -1. Perception of programs, OU -2. Utah has been one of the best kept secrets for years.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Patrick, I agree but if we think this way then how do we play it out? Game by game or place the future bet now? Well say between +160 and +180 futures wise...

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Patrick, I agree but if we think this way then how do we play it out? Game by game or place the future bet now? Well say between +160 and +180 futures wise...

My 2nd user name is IWishIWasDecent. LOL. Nowhere near Pro status...... :)

That said I might dabble a bit in both when things get finalized.

I think what Kane mentioned above is a pretty common thought process. And who knows, he very well could be right......

But I'm going to maintain our view and take a bite every chance I get. This Buckeye team from top to bottom is one of the best I've ever seen.

Soon my 3rd user name might be....

IWishIHadRoofOverhead :)

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
If I'm right no one in the country is going to play Ohio State within a FG this year. NOBODY!

Someone mentioned Clemson being better.....

I'd take Ohio State and lay -3 against an ACC all-star team.

All that said we know things have a way to surprise us so no way am I going to call it a sure thing, or a lock......

But I don't think anyone is within a FG of this football team unless it's the Patriots or Ravens.

kane

EOG master
This may be something or nothing, but Justin Fields hurt his knee against Michigan, he'll play, but might not be 100%. Here's a quote I came across from him "In my mind, I'm playing on Saturday, I don't care how bad it hurts."

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
3 weeks to recover before playoffs.

Harbaugh pretty much answered a reporter's question about what happened but the reporter asked something in a slick way.

"I'll answer your questions not insults" they were better......

They are. Theres nothing to digest and break down. Ohio State is a championship caliber team and us as gamblers have to find a way to capitalize..

3 weeks to recover before playoffs.

Harbaugh pretty much answered a reporter's question about what happened but the reporter asked something in a slick way.

"I'll answer your questions not insults" they were better......

They are. Theres nothing to digest and break down. Ohio State is a championship caliber team and us as gamblers have to find a way to capitalize..

Such echoes of the 2006 OSU team. That team seemed untouchable until they no showed the championship game.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
I'd agree they're the 2nd best team but overall the Buckeyes easily the better team (IMO).

Clemson hasn't played anyone, one top 30 team all year.

I believe Clemson won the National Championship 2 of the last 3 years. Both years most gamblers thought Alabama would beat them. Especially in 2016. I liked Clemson both years so naturally I'll continue to ride with them. They're great, great coach and great program.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Final score: Ohio State 34 Wisconsin 21.

The BADGERS (edit) failed to score in the second half after leading 21-7 at the half.

Last edited: