'Big Papi' Ortiz Shot in Dominican...

Heim

EOG Master
Robbery attempt...shot in the leg. Geez Porzingas goes back home and gets jumped. Respect out the window for home grown successes nowadays.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
There is a word for what happened to Big Papi in the DR:

Sunday

If a day ends in a "Y" odds are excellent someone will get shot and maybe killed

Valuist

EOG Master
There was an American woman who recently was brutally beaten in an attack at a resort in the DR. The resort tried to claim she was lying.....then photos came out.

It's simple: don't go to the DR. You might end up in the ER.

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
I have vacationed in both Peurto Plata and Punta Cana and sadly the tour guides always advise you not to leave the resort after dark.
Probably not wise to leave the resort in daylight either unless you are with a tour bus.
Very poor country with a very high crime rate and tourists and the wealthy are targeted.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Rewind to the early 2000's.

Ortiz was life-and-death to stay in the big leagues.

In 2002, the Minnesota Twins effectively cut him after failing to trade him.

He signed a bargain contract with the Red Sox and began the 2003 season as a backup.

The New York Times
reported in 2009 that Ortiz had taken performance-enhancing drugs in 2003.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Shit for brains.....you are definitely one of the 32%...

Ortiz got shot in the back and the bulletin came out his stomach....he will survive

Was not a robbery attempt....he was targeted....
The question is why was he targeted? Sounds like he needs to find a new place to live and hang out, you would expect who ever targeted him to try again?

unluckysob

EOG Dedicated
The question is why was he targeted? Sounds like he needs to find a new place to live and hang out, you would expect who ever targeted him to try again?
Rich black native wearing gaudy jewelry, plenty of Dominicans hate that. Dominican Republic is a church social compared to Haiti on other side of island.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heim

EOG Master
There are some reports Ortiz is gangsta back home. He's owned clubs were there is a lot of prostitution and drugs flowing. This happened at a club
late night. I'm curious to see how this unfolds. I've read where Ortiz screamed to the ER staff 'I don't want to die I'm a good person'.

Heim

EOG Master
Assassination attempt.

Looks that way.....guy arrested wasn't the shooter but drove the shooter on his motorcycle. Suspects dressed in black
shooter goes into club straight for 'Papi'......Either Papi screwed somebody out of a lot of money or screwed his wife.
Somebody with some juice down there....

I always wondered why Papi chose to have a million dollar crib in Green Bay of all places. This was a few years ago
not sure if he still resides there.

kane

EOG master
The story I heard is some drug lord ordered the hit thinking Ortiz was having an affair with his wife. If you're Ortiz, why the fuck would you be messing around with the wife of a drug lord?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The story I heard is some drug lord ordered the hit thinking Ortiz was having an affair with his wife. If you're Ortiz, why the fuck would you be messing around with the wife of a drug lord?

Because he's rich, powerful, and he can. It wouldn't surprise me if this was the reason.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Rewind to the early 2000's.

Ortiz was life-and-death to stay in the big leagues.

In 2002, the Minnesota Twins effectively cut him after failing to trade him.

He signed a bargain contract with the Red Sox and began the 2003 season as a backup.

The New York Times reported in 2009 that Ortiz had taken performance-enhancing drugs in 2003.

Signed with the Red Sox by the Cubs current Top Guy.

Theo.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Forget exactly when or how Major League Baseball devised their current Drug Testing Program.

But Ortiz was outed by the N.Y. Times, when the agreement in place called for no names to be made public, for testing positive for PED'S.

The current agreement that is in place now, was not in place when the Times reported it.