Biggest NFL Disappoinments

Jb777

EOG Dedicated
Jags are the big one for me. Thought they could only get better and thought they'd easily have the #1 D in the league. Boy was I wrong.

Valuist

EOG Master
I'm still not sure how much Jimmy G is really worth. His resume is still pretty small. 10 starts. Yes, he's 8-2 as a starter, but I'd like to see more. Scott Mitchell looked great for 8 starts with the Dolphins years ago and he got a big contract from Detroit out of it. The market really assumed they'd be a contender. I think there was a lot of sharp money on under 9 wins for the Niners this year.

Jb777

EOG Dedicated
C'mon can't ever expect much from Carolina as long as River Boat Ron and Cam are there.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Jags are the big one for me. Thought they could only get better and thought they'd easily have the #1 D in the league. Boy was I wrong.

Not me. I thought they would come back down to earth and last season was "lightning in a bottle" for them. I grabbed some: Texans +225 to win South since they had one of the easiest schedules this season. Started off not looking good but I consider that one already won

Cam Newton is slowly making his way on this list

Valuist

EOG Master
That Henry run was the ugliest long run I've ever seen. Just poor, uninspired attempts at tackling by Jax. Henry looked like he never got out of low gear.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
That Henry run was the ugliest long run I've ever seen. Just poor, uninspired attempts at tackling by Jax. Henry looked like he never got out of low gear.

Joe Buck called it early in the game.

Jacksonville's poor tackling was the story of the game.

dogball

EOG Master
Categorically disagree. While the tackling was sloppy and unforgivable, he made a great cut initially, turned the burners on for sure , stayed in bounds , got away with a face mask but for a runner his size, I thought he was fast, dominant and impressive

Valuist

EOG Master
The fact there were multiple defenders "trying" to tackle him 70 to 80 yards downfield shows he wasn't moving very quick.

Refs really need to call face masking on offensive players as well. Every once in a while they call it, but probably 95% of face mask calls are on the defender.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Remember Marshawn Lynch's run in Seattle against New Orleans in a 2011 NFL wild card playoff game.

#BeastQuake

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
The fact there were multiple defenders "trying" to tackle him 70 to 80 yards downfield shows he wasn't moving very quick.

Refs really need to call face masking on offensive players as well. Every once in a while they call it, but probably 95% of face mask calls are on the defender.

100% agree. Watch the run - Henry put his hand in the mask of at least 1 defender if not 2. I know 99 is sexy but that run should have been called back...as well as the fact the Jags disgraceful attempt at tackling on that play. In our FF league Henry got 53.80. Henry is a Free Agent in our league meaning no one got points for this - although if he was on a team I doubt that owner would have started Henry. There was no reason to do. Before today in our league Henry had less than 100 points. For the season. This came out of nowhere and any DFS players who picked him up for the week can collect their winnings now.