Bitcoin and Crypto-currencies on Fire!

Valuist

EOG Master
What we are seeing with Tesla is a parabolic rise seen most recently with Bitcoin at the end of 2017, and some tech stocks like Quallcom in 1999. Tesla closed trading last August 28th at $213.69. By the end of December, the stock rose to $405.00. In just 35 days of 2020, the stock has risen to $928. CNBC just said that Elon Musk has made $20 million PER HOUR since the start of 2020; the fastest accumulation of wealth ever. But parabolic rises like this are always fueled by a short squeeze and lots of momentum buying. Parabolic rises always end in tears, even if the riser ends up surviving. The pullbacks for two of the survivors, QCOM and Bitcoin, was violent to the downside. And those were two of the better scenarios. Not saying to short it today, but the momentum will stop in the near future. Don't need to be greedy and try to call the top, but if one does own TSLA, they ought to think about selling part or all of their shares.

lap18

EOG Dedicated
i worked there for 4 years. I retired in April after getting a lot of Stock along the way. Company was very good to me but I worked 12-16 hour days, 7 days a week.
Now I have been lured out of early retirement working for Rivian....gonna try to hit another HR.

Placing PUTs on TSLA probably a good bet and less risk than shorting....just my thought. Just waiting for the the top...I believe the short squeeze complete...last big run today was duetoPanasonic announcing they were profiatable on th ebattery side.

Valuist

EOG Master
i worked there for 4 years. I retired in April after getting a lot of Stock along the way. Company was very good to me but I worked 12-16 hour days, 7 days a week.
Now I have been lured out of early retirement working for Rivian....gonna try to hit another HR.

Placing PUTs on TSLA probably a good bet and less risk than shorting....just my thought. Just waiting for the the top...I believe the short squeeze complete...last big run today was duetoPanasonic announcing they were profiatable on th ebattery side.

Did you work at the Fremont facility?

lap18

EOG Dedicated
Yes head of Maintenance....lived in Fremont the entire time.
What a rat race.....California crime, drugs, homelessness was crazy. Way too many people amount of jobs available..

Valuist

EOG Master
Yes head of Maintenance....lived in Fremont the entire time.
What a rat race.....California crime, drugs, homelessness was crazy. Way too many people amount of jobs available..

I was in Fremont 2015-2018. Traffic and rents were crazy.

If one had the balls to sell short 100 shares Tesla going into Tuesday's close, they would've made a tidy $15k yesterday alone.

texaswizzard

EOG Dedicated
Be very careful dealing in Bitcoin & Crypto. Two friends had their bank accounts hacked and millions were stolen. They did get all the money replaced by each bank but the experience they went through for a few weeks was horrible. Somehow hackers got vital info from their phone and within hours their bank accounts were whipped out!

ComptrBob

EOG Master
I was in Fremont 2015-2018. Traffic and rents were crazy.

If one had the balls to sell short 100 shares Tesla going into Tuesday's close, they would've made a tidy $15k yesterday alone.

I worked in "downtown" Fremont, a block from Lake Elizabeth, for a startup software company in 1984-5.

Was a little conservative, but I did short 100 Tesla on Wednesday, covered before the close, made out pretty well.

Last edited:

Valuist

EOG Master
I worked in "downtown" Fremont, a block from Lake Elizabeth, for a startup software company in 1984-5.

Was a little conservative, but I did short 100 Tesla on Wednesday, covered before the close, made out pretty well.

Nice on Telsa.

I used to go walking quite often at Lake Elizabeth.

Be very careful dealing in Bitcoin & Crypto. Two friends had their bank accounts hacked and millions were stolen. They did get all the money replaced by each bank but the experience they went through for a few weeks was horrible. Somehow hackers got vital info from their phone and within hours their bank accounts were whipped out!
Crypto aren't kept in banks. One purpose of bitcoin is to cut out the banks.

lap18

EOG Dedicated

Walked around the lake on Sundays before everybody got out and moving when I wasn't working. Use to also walk to Niles...nice little town.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
trump anti bitcoin. In fact he just said he wants the secret service to go after bitcoin crimes.
i know.

the big banks hate this.

i was joking since it seems that the donald does a great job of taking credit for stuff when he has zero impact on it's success. thought bitcoin was a perfect case.