Black Lives Matter

kane

EOG master
they are.

Hey Raiders, will you be watching any football this year? What will you do when you see those sons of bitches taking a knee? And considering what's currently happening, there will be even more of them taking a knee than ever before, and Roger Goodell has their back. Will you still watch the games or change the channel?

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Hey Raiders, will you be watching any football this year? What will you do when you see those sons of bitches taking a knee? And considering what's currently happening, there will be even more of them taking a knee than ever before, and Roger Goodell has their back. Will you still watch the games or change the channel?

Raiders is a racist simpleton? Is he?

Does he think when a knee is taken during the National Anthem you're disrespecting the fly?

It will piss me off just like it'll anger 1/2 the US.. In essence, it divides this nation because players are disrespecting the flag.

What about people saying, "White privilege" ? Do they feel they are better than Black people? Does it make Black people feel better? It's divisive.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

Not only more players taking a knee, but this time the talking heads will be fully participating as well.

Instead of steering lightly, kind of staying away from the topic, this season with Goodell playing "catch up" look for lengthy on air opinions from the commentators.

You are going to get a whole lot if it, not just during the anthem.

kane

EOG master
It will piss me off just like it'll anger 1/2 the US.. In essence, it divides this nation because players are disrespecting the flag.

Yeah, that's what Drew Brees used to think, then he spoke to his teammates to better understand their position, and now he knows why they protest, and now he knows it has nothing to do with disrespecting the flag, but you're allowed to stay grounded in your ignorant position if you want

boston massacre

EOG Master

Drew Brees Showed Courage.

Then He Completely Emasculated Himself.

Where's the Outrage when a Black Police Officer Kills a Black Man.

That Black Man is For Gotten By the Black Population, and NEVER Mentioned by the Racist Media.

Why Doesn't the Black Population Show OUTRAGE, When a Black Police Officer Kills a Black Man/Woman ?

Where are the Protestors for those Black People ?

Anybody Have an Answer ?

This Killing in Minneapolis is Not a Racial Issue.

This Killing is a POLICE BRUTALITY ISSUE.

Give me Proof that it's a Racial Issue.

Anyone.

Not only more players taking a knee, but this time the talking heads will be fully participating as well.

Instead of steering lightly, kind of staying away from the topic, this season with Goodell playing "catch up" look for lengthy on air opinions from the commentators.

You are going to get a whole lot if it, not just during the anthem.
I'm watching the NFL to get away from the political crap that's being shoved down our throats.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
I'm watching the NFL to get away from the political crap that's being shoved down our throats.

That makes two of us. I support peaceful protests but I can't get behind this one......

I go to a concert, I want to hear music. I go to a sporting event, I want to watch athletes compete.

ICGAF who Jordan likes, or Pink, or any other "celebrity". You aren't paid for that nonsense so knock it off.

Yeah, that's what Drew Brees used to think, then he spoke to his teammates to better understand their position, and now he knows why they protest, and now he knows it has nothing to do with disrespecting the flag, but you're allowed to stay grounded in your ignorant position if you want
Drew Brees thought that. How many other people feel that way? The country will continue to be divided unless you respect people. Many that served in the military will never change their mind on the flag and you can't force them to do so.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Where's BLM when the retired police officer was shot and killed? BLM is a racist organization.

You Have to Search for a Link on the Internet to find out about this Great Black Retired Police Captain in St. Louis, who was Murdered by a Black Individual, ( There's Video of 7 Black Suspects Going into and out of the store ), while Protecting a Friend's Business Property.

Where's the Outrage From the Black Population ?

Maybe, if the Suspets in the Video were WHITE, This Hero Name Could be mentioned in the same Memorial Services as George Floyd.

https://www.kmov.com/news/funeral-s...cle_5eb01460-a7e3-11ea-b58e-d71455217e75.html

Will the National Media Show Up, and Send Reporters to this Hero's Funeral ?

NO.

Because He was Murdered By a Black Individual.

His Life Does Not Have as Much Value as George Floyd's

Last edited:

alfie

EOG Dedicated
when the nfl starts up again guessing there will be no or limited fans in the stands. so it's going to be tv only.

will the tv networks doing the games be required to show the anthem and protests?
how will this effect tv ratings long term?

kane

EOG master
Drew Brees thought that. How many other people feel that way? The country will continue to be divided unless you respect people. Many that served in the military will never change their mind on the flag and you can't force them to do so.

Those people will never understand the protest has nothing to do with the flag and never has been, but you're right, I can't force them to listen to the kneelers and learn why they do it, I can't force anyone out of what they think. The Kneelers can say over, and over, and over, and over that their protest has nothing to do with the flag, but you and the others are free to believe whatever you want, facts be damned

boston massacre

EOG Master
Those people will never understand the protest has nothing to do with the flag and never has been, but you're right, I can't force them to listen to the kneelers and learn why they do it, I can't force anyone out of what they think. The Kneelers can say over, and over, and over, and over that their protest has nothing to do with the flag, but you and the others are free to believe whatever you want, facts be damned

The National Anthem is about the Flag, You Punk Weasel Bitch.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
How about stop fucking saying it and kneel/protest somewhere else if they really mean it. They clearly see how great people that fought for our freedom are offended and disgusted by this act. Is it really too much to ask to leave the flag out of it and protest some other way? How can you not understand this obvious simple concept? Go kneel in front of the police stations everyday, you know the people that are actually being protested.

In your mind it's OK to bully those that respect the flag? If the Black NFL players came out and said they aren't going to kneel for the Anthem but do something else in protest, we would come together instead of the bully tactics.

mr merlin

EOG Master
when the nfl starts up again guessing there will be no or limited fans in the stands. so it's going to be tv only.

will the tv networks doing the games be required to show the anthem and protests?
how will this effect tv ratings long term?
LOL, the stands will be full, there will be fans for baseball this year at the rate the virus is going away.

kane

EOG master

Then turn on your TV after the Anthem is played, you won't have to see the kneelers and you won't miss a play, no reason to make a big deal out of something you don't have to watch

alfie

EOG Dedicated

jmo, could the protest be done before the anthem?
if not, then the protest would be based on the song?

alfie

EOG Dedicated
LOL, the stands will be full, there will be fans for baseball this year at the rate the virus is going away.

have you really heard that the nfl will be open to all fans?
not in the nba.
but my question was based on tv showing the anthem. will they be required to show it.

kane

EOG master
[QUOTE="raiders72001, post: 7606612, member: 56"]In your mind it's OK to bully those that respect the flag? If the Black NFL players came out and said they aren't going to kneel for the Anthem but do something else in protest, we would come together instead of the bully tactics.[/QUOTE]

Nope, it makes no difference to me whether a player kneels or stands, if a player wants to stand for the Anthem, that's fine by me and I respect his decision, if a player wants to take a knee, that's fine by me and I respect his decision. You're the one who wants to be a bully, you're the one who calls the kneelers son's of bitches

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

If they do it during the National Anthem, then yes a lot of people are going to think it's directly related to the flag.

And if it's about cops it was bad mojo for Kap to be wearing "pig" socks to practice.

Just my opinion of course but if you are protesting for results and not just for show, it helps to demonstrate some respect to the other side.

That would be a good starting point.

Also why not kneel 10 minutes before the game? Or after the game? Or at practice, everyone around the league kneel at a specific time and date?

Idk, just me but I agree with Raiders and the others, last thing I want to think about is politics on an NFL Sunday....

Just read these threads and see how it destroys people and relationships.

kane

EOG master
jmo, could the protest be done before the anthem?
if not, then the protest would be based on the song?

Sure, but the point of the protest is to be seen, they need to be seen on the field taking a knee, doing it earlier would make it harder to be seen

alfie

EOG Dedicated
[QUOTE="raiders72001, post: 7606612, member: 56"]In your mind it's OK to bully those that respect the flag? If the Black NFL players came out and said they aren't going to kneel for the Anthem but do something else in protest, we would come together instead of the bully tactics.

Nope, it makes no difference to me whether a player kneels or stands, if a player wants to stand for the Anthem, that's fine by me and I respect his decision, if a player wants to take a knee, that's fine by me and I respect his decision. You're the one who wants to be a bully, you're the one who calls the kneelers son's of bitches[/QUOTE]

do you think that all players on each team will now kneel?

alfie

EOG Dedicated
Sure, but the point of the protest is to be seen, they need to be seen on the field taking a knee, doing it earlier would make it harder to be seen

so now airing the kneeling will be part of the broadcast and game.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Whoever said both sides do it the first play of the game for their offense might be on to something?

That would create a lot of buzz yet not have anything to do (intended or otherwise) with the flag.

To me there's 2 groups in politics, those who actually want to make things better, and those grandstanding for views or some other agenda.

I dislike police brutality myself but I think the way this is done it's creating more divides than it is meaningful conversations.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Who isn't in it for solutions?

Sharpton for example. If there wasn't divisiveness in the country he'd be out of a "job".

And guys like Javy, he's more about hate for the other side than ever working towards or being part of a solution.

I like the kid but his views are just ridiculous.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Whoever said both sides do it the first play of the game for their offense might be on to something?

That would create a lot of buzz yet not have anything to do (intended or otherwise) with the flag.

To me there's 2 groups in politics, those who actually want to make things better, and those grandstanding for views or some other agenda.

I dislike police brutality myself but I think the way this is done it's creating more divides than it is meaningful conversations.
Fuck, I literally never talk politics (as a whole really don't fucking care enough about them) but this has me appalled. You know me, I haven't spent this much time in political threads in the 15 years combined I've been posting but this is fucking absurd.

mr merlin

EOG Master
have you really heard that the nfl will be open to all fans?
not in the nba.
but my question was based on tv showing the anthem. will they be required to show it.
No, but things are changing rapidly, fans going to start up with golf in july, after these mass rallies lead to no new explosions of cases, the domino's will start falling.