Bo Ryan to retire

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Re: Bo Ryan to retire

Outstanding with the teaching of fundamentals and the development of young players.

railbird

EOG Master

Tells it like it really is with the refs and calling out Calipari and Coach K on "rent a player." He didn't want to deal with 30- second clock BS.

Prickly Pete

EOG Veteran

Tells it like it really is with the refs and calling out Calipari and Coach K on "rent a player." He didn't want to deal with 30- second clock BS.

Don't let his bitterness after losing in the Championship game fool you, Bo Ryan would have taken any of those "rent a players" that would have wanted to play for him. If he truly didn't want those type of players he would have never spend the time recruiting Diamond Stone and others he missed out on. The problem is that the rent a players don't want to play for him/Wisconsin.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Wisconsin was irrelevant before he was there

Don't overlook Dick Bennett.

He revitalized Wisconsin basketball in the late 1990's before Bo arrived.

Bennett was the ultimate "gripper," sweating every second of every possession.

newport2

EOG Dedicated

Don't overlook Dick Bennett.

He revitalized Wisconsin basketball in the late 1990's before Bo arrived.

Bennett was the ultimate "gripper," sweating every second of every possession.
Wow, that sounds like the way Virginia plays.

THE FACTSMAN

EOG Addicted

Tony Bennett jr. will leave Virginia to take the only job his contract has a escape clause in it.I sure hope he doesn't my wife is a UVA grad and a big Bennett fan and thinks somehow he will pass up his dream job and stay at Virginia I hope she's right.

THE FACTSMAN

EOG Addicted

rail for what bo ryan had to work with many feel he did a poor job at whisky. before the last 2 years Wisconsin was always getting popped in the tournament good regular season coach but not a big game coach or Wisconsin would have one title under his regime

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master

Sounds like the main assistant is in line for the job.

I loved watching the stu jackson badgers play uptempo basketball. Something that Bo Ryan started to use more often over the last few years.

Bronson Koenig will have the best nba career of anyone on this past years team. That kid is a great talent that simply plays within the system.