Bobby Hurley to St Johns....

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
That’s the latest college basketball rumor....Chris Mullin expected to step down......

Last edited by a moderator:

Heim

EOG Master
The rumor is they're throwing Hurley's name out to keep Pitino's price down.....boosters want Pitino. Interesting, they
threatened to cut off support unless Mullin is removed.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
I’d be a little surprised.

Hurley is building something here. Pac12 is ripe for the taking. Hurley and the ASU admin get along. His wife loves the Desert.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
It’s being reported by local news sources tonight that Hurley has no interest in the SJ job and will be staying in Tempe.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
I don't think Duke would consider him yet (probably Wojo in lead right now) but he will bolt for ACC when he can.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
I don't think the Pope could make St John's a final 4 team. Who knows what happened but it would be pretty disrespectful by the AD not to be more supportive and say nice going - let's keep improving. Sure smells like Mullins thought if the AD cannot be more supportive than that he can shove it?

Heim

EOG Master
Pitino was lobbying for the job yesterday and could resurrect the program if given the chance. However Pitino's ego still large. He won't
accept the job unless the Southern District of New York apologizes for intimating, in their complaint, he was one of the
coaches in the bribery scandal of 2017. To date he swears he never gave any player $5.

Last edited:

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
I want to see Pitino back on the sidelines again. One of the best deal making in college bb history. He was getting top talent with thick envelopes.

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated
I don't think St John's could even be close to paying Richard Pitino.I'm pretty sure its gonna be a second tier guy,although Frank Martin might be interested.That would be a great hire.The money issue again though

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
He can coach talent if he can get it recruited. To get the talent he would have to be out there beating the bushes himself. Assistants will not be able to sell it for him like in the past. How do you think he would do on a lie detector test???

I see a Brooklyn kid and one from Queens. One other from the state of New York and one from New Jersey. Why is it so difficult to recruit from their own city?

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
He would be very good. Such a big commitment of time - Mullins was doing them a favor just to do it

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated
If Cluess goes to St. Johns I would think Herenda has a shot at Iona gig. Herenda is a super talented coach and Iona would be the natural progression.I had him pegged for Fordham very soon. We will see.Either way GH won't be at FDU very long...hes too good

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
What do you think Mark Jackson's tv gig pays incomparison to being the head coach at St. John's?

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Adam Zagoria is a fuckstick but has insiders at st John's he will have any news first . His Twitter is his name.

Gotta be crazy taking that job . Team will be HORRIFIC for the next few years.