Bowman's Says No Stanely Cup For Canada This Year

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
</TD></TR><TR><TD><CENTER></CENTER>
(I-Newswire) - Toronto, September 28, 2005 ? Oddsmakers at [color=#80000]www.bowmans.com,[/color] the world?s leading online gaming company, say the return of NHL hockey to Canada will not necessarily bring the Stanley Cup back to the country.

Bowmans, who have been adding excitement to sports, entertainment and politics for twenty years, have made Philadelphia Flyers the 5-1 favourite to win the 2006 Stanley Cup, with Detroit Red Wings and Ottawa Senators listed as the second choices at 9-1. Should the Flyers win, it would extend Canada?s drought to twelve seasons without a Stanley Cup-winning team, by far the longest in NHL history going back to 1926.

The other top picks to win the NHL Championship next Spring are the Pittsburgh Penguins at 9 ?-1; and the Calgary Flames and Colorado Avalanche, each listed at 12-1. Amongst other Canadian clubs, Vancouver are selected at 14-1, Toronto at 15-1, Edmonton at 20-1 and Montreal at 22-1. Defending champion Tampa Bay are listed as 15-1 picks.

As its? tradition and to add excitement to NHL fans and geographic rivalries, [color=#80000]www.bowmans.com[/color] also has set odds on some unique NHL happenings in 2005-06, amongst them:

Will Sydney Crosby win NHL Rookie Of The Year?
Yes -400
No +320

Who will earn the most regular season points?
Toronto -150
Montreal +130

Who will earn the most regular season points?
Calgary -150
Edmonton +130
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

briguy

EOG Enthusiast
jam said:
The Penguins at 9.5-1?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe to win their division.

LOL, no kidding. I wonder if Bowman's would let me give them 11-1 for the Pens winning the Cup. The Crosby hype is crazy. He didn't really dominate the World Junior tournament aside from on the powerplay and he's not even close to playing for Team Canada at the Olympics yet. How is he going to lead the Pens to the Cup then?