Brittney Griner detained in Russia

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
According to the Associated Press, the odds are not in Griner's favor: fewer than 1% of defendants in Russian criminal cases are acquitted. And even in the case a defendant is found not guilty, acquittals can be overturned in Russia, unlike in the Unites States.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Sounds like she will end up being a negotiation pawn to exchange for the russian in US jail known as the Merchant of Death.

Ridiculous, the russians dont consider her a prize, she's a circus animal to them. they'll keep her just for amusement.

Murphy’s Best

EOG Dedicated
Agree it’s ridiculous but this is exactly why you know the laws in other countries you visit! Don’t put yourself in this position especially after claiming this country is racist. Now she is begging the greatest country in the world to get her ass back home! Very ironic….

boston massacre

EOG Master
Agree it’s ridiculous but this is exactly why you know the laws in other countries you visit! Don’t put yourself in this position especially after claiming this country is racist. Now she is begging the greatest country in the world to get her ass back home! Very ironic….

Especially A Communist C Sucking Country Like Russia.

Less Than 1 % Of Criminal Cases In Russia Result In A Not Guilty Verdict.

If Acquitted, Russian Government Can Appeal A Not Guilty Verdict.

In USA, Government Cannot Appeal A Not Guilty Verdict.

Only Defendant Can Appeal A Guilty Verdict.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Apparently they consider it a serious crime, so yea, she should have known, and i suspect she did know. She likely had brought the stuff in other times and had no consequences so she thought nothing of it.

Considering she's an anti american piece of crap i hope they keep her for years.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Apparently they consider it a serious crime, so yea, she should have known, and i suspect she did know. She likely had brought the stuff in other times and had no consequences so she thought nothing of it.

Considering she's an anti american piece of crap i hope they keep her for years.
I smoked everyday for over 15 years straight from 1998ish til 2013. Went on an 8 day business trip to Moscow and didn't even begin to think about bringing weed to smoke or trying to get some when I get there. Struggled sleeping the 1st night or so but common sense just has to play a role sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:

mr merlin

EOG Master
I smoked everyday for over 15 years straight from 1998ish til 2013. Went on an 8 day business trip to Moscow and didn't even begin to think about bringing weed to smoke or trying to get some when I get there. Struggled sleeping the 1st night or so but common sense just has to play a role sometimes.
Griner has supposedly played in russia many times over last last few years - she was a member of a russian team, she knew the rules.

It's quite possible her team arranged it/bribed people to ignore her small pot stash in the past and this time she paid the price.

MrTop

EOG Master

Russia Outlines Drug Charges Against Brittney Griner as Trial Continues​

Prosecutors say the U.S. women’s basketball star brought two cartridges containing banned hashish oil ‘for personal use’ when she flew into Moscow in mid-February​

KHIMKI, Russia—Russian prosecutors outlined the drug charges brought against U.S. women’s basketball star Brittney Griner on Friday, as her trial continued in a case that carries up to 10 years in prison for a conviction.

The prosecutor told Griner that she was being charged with intentionally importing drugs into Russia, according to the Russian state news agency TASS, which was one of the outlets allowed to send reporters inside the courtroom.

The prosecutor said that Griner had bought “two cartridges for personal use,” containing 0.252 grams and 0.45 grams of hashish oil, totaling 0.702 grams, despite knowing that “the movement of drugs isn’t allowed” into Russia, TASS reported.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Less Than 1 % Of Criminal Cases In Russia End In Not Guilty.

Prosecutors In Russia Can Appeal A Not Guilty.

A Typical Communist C-------- Sucking Country.

That's What Democratic Politicians Want In America.

Total Control Over The People.

So Many Morons In America, Have No Clue.

Especially The Ones Who Voted For Joe Biden.

Try Proving Me Wrong.

You'll Be Paddling Against The Tide.

Guarantee.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Shame on the United States for declaring Brittney Griner "wrongfully detained" in Russia.

Griner is accused of committing a crime in a foreign land and now she's in a major jackpot of her own doing.

The United States sends a wrong message to its citizens, especially young boys and girls, by not acknowledging Griner's wrongdoing.

Of course, I want Griner safely back in the United States.

I've followed her basketball career since she was a freshman at Baylor.

I root for all WNBA players to have productive lives.

But let's not make her a national hero or some type of martyr after she is accused of breaking the law in a foreign country.

Dumb, dumb, dumb...

boston massacre

EOG Master
Shame on the United States for declaring Brittney Griner "wrongfully detained" in Russia.

Griner is accused of committing a crime in a foreign land and now she's in a major jackpot of her own doing.

The United States sends a wrong message to its citizens, especially young boys and girls, by not acknowledging Griner's wrongdoing.

Of course, I want Griner safely back in the United States.

I've followed her basketball career since she was a freshman at Baylor.

I root for all WNBA players to have productive lives.

But let's not make her a national hero or some type of martyr after she is accused of breaking the law in a foreign country.

Dumb, dumb, dumb...

The Biden Administration Feeds You That Propaganda.

They Haven't Told The Truth On Anything, Since Day 1.

She's Part Of The LBTQG Cult.

Just Like Joe Biden.

If Donald Trump's Son, Eric, Was Being Held For The Same Thing, You Wouldn't Here A Peep Out Of The Biden Schmucks.

People Need To Wake The Fuck Up In This Country, And Vote Out All These Democratic Communists.

You Think The Biden Administration Would Say, Wrongfully Held, If That Was Eric Trump ?

Opening Odds Would Be.

NO -90000000000000

YES +900000000

MrTop

EOG Master
Russia Wants Two Prisoners in Swap for Americans Brittney Griner, Paul Whelan

Putin not ready to swap Griner, Whelan for arms dealer Bout

Russia could demand Kremlin insider extradited last year to US

kane

EOG master
How about a swap of Griner for Trump, she gets to come home, and he gets to live in his favorite country with his good buddy Putin, a win win