Bush Lied on WMD

It is really a sorry state of affairs this country has become as a bunch of weak ass soft mother fuckers that won't believe the facts when they are staring them right in front of their face.

Saddam's Nukes

By INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY | Posted Monday, July 07, 2008 4:20 PM PT
WMD: Hear about the 550 metric tons of yellowcake uranium found in Iraq? No? Why should you? It doesn't fit the media's neat story line that Saddam Hussein's Iraq posed no nuclear threat when we invaded in 2003.
<HR SIZE=1>
Read More: Iraqhttp://www.ibdeditorials.com/FeaturedCategories.aspx?sid=1801&cid=1825 | Global War On Terrorhttp://www.ibdeditorials.com/FeaturedCategories.aspx?sid=1801&cid=1827
<IFRAME marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3?http://podcast.outloudopinion.com/ibd/ibd2.php" frameBorder=0 width=480 scrolling=no height=30></IFRAME><HR SIZE=1>
It's a little known fact that, after invading Iraq in 2003, the U.S. found massive amounts of uranium yellowcake, the stuff that can be refined into nuclear weapons or nuclear fuel, at a facility in Tuwaitha outside of Baghdad.
In recent weeks, the U.S. secretly has helped the Iraqi government ship it all to Canada, where it was bought by a Canadian company for further processing into nuclear fuel ? thus keeping it from potential use by terrorists or unsavory regimes in the region.
This has been virtually ignored by the mainstream media. Yet, as the AP reported, this marks a "significant step toward closing the books on Saddam's nuclear legacy."
Seems to us this should be big news.
After all, much of the early opposition to the war in Iraq involved claims that President Bush "lied" about weapons of mass destruction and that Saddam posed little if any nuclear threat to the U.S.
This more or less proves Saddam in 2003 had a program on hold for building WMD and that he planned to boot it up again soon.
This is clear, since Saddam acquired most of his uranium before 1991, but still had it in 2003, when invading U.S. troops found the stuff. (The International Atomic Energy Agency seems to have known about the yellowcake in the 1990s, but did nothing to force Saddam to get rid of it. It's duplicating its error today with Iran and North Korea).
That means Saddam held onto it for more than a decade. Why? He hoped to wait out U.N. sanctions on Iraq and start his WMD program anew. This would seem to vindicate Bush's decision to invade.
The American Thinker Web site reported four years ago on the scary math behind Saddam's uranium hoard: 500 tons of yellowcake, once refined, could make 142 nuclear weapons.
But yellowcake wasn't all they found at Tuwaitha. According to the AP, the military also discovered "four devices for controlled radiation exposure . . . that could potentially be used in a weapon."
By the way, this should put to rest the canard peddled by the American left and by former Ambassador Joseph Wilson that "Bush lied" about Iraq seeking yellowcake from the African country of Niger.
Given what we know, including comments by officials in Niger's government, Iraq did make overtures to buy uranium. And it's quite possible all or part of the 550 tons came from there.
What's more, if Bush hadn't acted, we might today see a nuclear Iraq, an Iran on the way to having a weapon, Libya with an expanded nuclear program, and Syria ? with its close ties to Saddam ? on the way to having a nuke.
Of equal concern is why the media ignored this good news coming from Iraq. It seems to be of a piece with how they've treated other recent positive developments in Iraq.
We ask again ? why aren't you seeing and hearing more about this? The reason is simple: The mainstream media find it inconveniently contradicts the story they have been telling you for years.

Re: Bush Lied on WMD

This will continue to get bumbed as I want to hear another stupid ass Obama supported come out and say it is not true and they don't believe it.

Blondie

EOG Master

Nick, haven't seen you around as much, either that or schedules have been passing each other. Hope you are doing well!

Will try to comment on the article in the morning when I have a longer attention span...

One would think that if this were true, the White House would have held a press conference immediately after the finding in order to prove that the invasion of Iraq was justified. Now, I wonder why that didn't happen... Any insight, Nic?

One would think that if this were true, the White House would have held a press conference immediately after the finding in order to prove that the invasion of Iraq was justified. Now, I wonder why that didn't happen... Any insight, Nic?

We ask again ? why aren't you seeing and hearing more about this? The reason is simple: The mainstream media find it inconveniently contradicts the story they have been telling you for years. As for the White House, I don't really think they care to defend themselves anymore on this issue. The people can believe it or they can bury their heads in the sand once again.<!-- / message -->

<!-- / message -->
We ask again ? why aren't you seeing and hearing more about this? The reason is simple: The mainstream media find it inconveniently contradicts the story they have been telling you for years. As for the White House, I don't really think they care to defend themselves anymore on this issue. The people can believe it or they can bury their heads in the sand once again.

The story didn't even merit enough attention for Fox News to get off it's collective knees and take a break from giving Bush 43 fellatio long enough to report it.

I believe there is MUCH more of a reason for the White House to not spread this news than "they don't care to defend themselves."

Another shoe will drop on this story.

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

We ask again ? why aren't you seeing and hearing more about this? The reason is simple: The mainstream media find it inconveniently contradicts the story they have been telling you for years. As for the White House, I don't really think they care to defend themselves anymore on this issue. The people can believe it or they can bury their heads in the sand once again.<!-- / message -->

i guess bill o'reilly and sean hannity are showing their true colors by not reporting this. they and the rest of fox news are actually liberals and want the republicans to fail so taxes can be raised. good find nic, i guess you exposed foxnews to be the cowardly, tax raising, liberal, anti military, pro obama, left wing scum that they really are. we were all mistaken when we thought that foxnews was right wing scum.

The Seer

EOG Dedicated

Hhmm, I wonder what would happen if 1000 pounds of yellowcake were wrapped around 100 pounds of explosives and detonated over a major city?

Hhmm, I wonder what would happen if 1000 pounds of yellowcake were wrapped around 100 pounds of explosives and detonated over a major city?

Initially, not much...

Scientists say it doesn't pose a high risk to human and animal health if stored and handled properly. However, it is a radioactive substance, which means merely standing close to yellowcake without protective clothing can cause organ damage. The level of damage, which includes cancer, depends on how much pure uranium there is in the yellowcake and how long you've been exposed to it. Ingesting or inhaling the dust of yellowcake is the most serious form of exposure.

http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2008/07/07/f-yellowcake.html

i guess bill o'reilly and sean hannity are showing their true colors by not reporting this. they and the rest of fox news are actually liberals and want the republicans to fail so taxes can be raised. good find nic, i guess you exposed foxnews to be the cowardly, tax raising, liberal, anti military, pro obama, left wing scum that they really are. we were all mistaken when we thought that foxnews was right wing scum.

Actually, FOX News being the only reputable news organization left around did report on this -- It is the other 12 incompetent news organizations that did not.

As for the white house, I think they gave up on guys like gopherbob who have their heads buried where the sun don't shine.

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

Nicolas...really, others here have made the case against the fairy tale you cut and pasted here....EVEN RUPERT MURDOCH and SEAN HANNITY took a pass. With no due respect......why???? NO RIGHT WING TALK HOST IN ALL OF AMERICA---not ONE of the loons you love...have bought this.......why should I or anyone else who supports Obama buy into this Grimm Brothers' fairy tale???What little street cred you HAD just went out the window!!!

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

Oh... when will Nick get banned for cursing...HIS specialty is doing it in THE HEADLINE of his rancid comments!!! Anyone at EOG going to "muscle up" and follow-through with Hoffa's bluster a couple of weeks ago??

Oh... when will Nick get banned for cursing...HIS specialty is doing it in THE HEADLINE of his rancid comments!!! Anyone at EOG going to "muscle up" and follow-through with Hoffa's bluster a couple of weeks ago??

In case you are interested, the rules are clear -- Do not engage in personal attacks on posters in the forum.

I can fuckin' use all the bad language I choose too as that is within the rules.

Are we clear boy ?

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

And those are NOT the rules...Hoffa said no cursing..or you're on post review...unless like most of you righty loons, he was lying!!!

And those are NOT the rules...Hoffa said no cursing..or you're on post review...unless like most of you righty loons, he was lying!!!

I have never had any moderator either state in writing or tell anyone otherwise that cursing is not allowed in posts.

Personally, I kind of like the cursing as it fuckin' puts emphasis on people's statements.

Are we clear boy ?

way to contribute to the topic at hand, boy

In case you are interested, the rules are clear -- Do not engage in personal attacks on posters in the forum.

I can fuckin' use all the bad language I choose too as that is within the rules.

Are we clear boy ?

I have never had any moderator either state in writing or tell anyone otherwise that cursing is not allowed in posts.

Personally, I kind of like the cursing as it fuckin' puts emphasis on people's statements.

Are we clear boy ?

Hoffa said:

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1266008 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid">06-17-08, 07:27 PM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #1 <INPUT id=plist_1266008 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px 5px; VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle; PADDING-TOP: 0px" type=checkbox value=0 name=plist[1266008] inlineModID="inlineMod"> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>Jimmy Hoffa<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1266008", true); </SCRIPT>

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1266008 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"><!-- icon and title --> The Political Forum is for the Enjoyment of All EOG Contributors
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->This forum will no longer be tolerant of personal attacks. EOG Management feels that posters should be able to freely share their views without being personally attacked or ridiculed by others.

Political views often become enthusiastic and emotional, that is understandable. What will no longer be tolerated is the outright disrespect shown to posters with opposing views.
<!-- / message --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I didn't mention cussing, just personal attacks.

Hoffa said:

<table class="tborder" id="post1266008" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="thead" style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(43, 41, 94); border-width: 1px 0px 1px 1px; font-weight: normal;">06-17-08, 07:27 PM <!-- / status icon and date --></td><td class="thead" style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(43, 41, 94); border-width: 1px 1px 1px 0px; font-weight: normal;" align="right"> #1 <input id="plist_1266008" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: middle;" value="0" name="plist[1266008]" inlinemodid="inlineMod" type="checkbox"> </td></tr><tr valign="top"><td class="alt2" style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(43, 41, 94); border-width: 0px 1px;" width="175">Jimmy Hoffa<script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1266008", true); </script>

</td><td class="alt1" id="td_post_1266008" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(43, 41, 94);"><!-- icon and title --> The Political Forum is for the Enjoyment of All EOG Contributors
<hr style="color: rgb(43, 41, 94);" size="1"><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->This forum will no longer be tolerant of personal attacks. EOG Management feels that posters should be able to freely share their views without being personally attacked or ridiculed by others.

Political views often become enthusiastic and emotional, that is understandable. What will no longer be tolerated is the outright disrespect shown to posters with opposing views.
<!-- / message --></td></tr></tbody></table>

I didn't mention cussing, just personal attacks.

My man Jimmy -- You have just reiterated what the rules and guidelines are for the forum -- Nothing different than in the past.

Thanks -- Give my regards to "Tony Jack" and "Tony Pro" ... that is, if you are still hanging out with them.

SUCK MY LONG DICk, you rascist scum bag!!!

harvey has no fact to support his claims, his only recourse is to launch personal attacks on posters that disagree with him, this is his feeble attempt to save face, in doing so he only serves to show his bias againts anyone not zionist or not supportive of zionist goals.

This type of tactic is taught to those like harvey from the moment they are born, it is passed along from generation to generation, it is the thought that they are great and chosen, and everyone else is not (jew vs. goyim), and all that don't support harveys goals are shit.

harvey has no fact to support his claims, his only recourse is to launch personal attacks on posters that disagree with him, this is his feeble attempt to save face, in doing so he only serves to show his bias againts anyone not zionist or not supportive of zionist goals.

This type of tactic is taught to those like harvey from the moment they are born, it is passed along from generation to generation, it is the thought that they are great and chosen, and everyone else is not (jew vs. goyim), and all that don't support harveys goals are shit.

that is what democrats do...he only supports this claim every single time he opens his mouth

they found yellow cake gas...
and guess what...
it was in the papers...
i found it in all major outlets.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I hate to say this, but this yellowcake, even if it really did happen, is not a WOMD. Not even close. We have dumped way more depleted uranium on them than they could have crop dusting this over population centers. This was not a weapon, nor ready to be placed in a weapon. And yes, I am a certified radiological worker, and trained on nuke weapons, certified to guard them. If they were not sitting on a zillion gallons of crude, we would not even be there. The WOMD was nothing more than a gulf of Tonkin. A snitch/informant in Germany that would say anything for a visa. GDub was petrol corps puppet, along with Haliburton. I always look at one thing in a war, who stands to profit, most from it? Throughout history it has been the hidden power behind the leaders than enables them. This story did not go anywhere because it is a nonstory. No one cares, as we are finally showing progress, and the blame game is history.

OF...:cheers