Buy anything at the airport upon departure?

I like the shops in the Juan Santamaria airport. Did you guys buy anything upon departure? I always get a bottle of Ron Indrasano and some Cafe Britt coffee liquor. Usually some chocolates in the Cafe Britt store also - best are the chocolate covered cashews, coffee beans, and those coffee chews.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
I bought a 12 pack of playing cards, 3 key chains, a bracelet for my daughter and 2 post cards from the Marriott hotel and then a cheeseburger & coke at BK in the airport.

The General said:
I bought a 12 pack of playing cards, 3 key chains, a bracelet for my daughter and 2 post cards from the Marriott hotel and then a cheeseburger & coke at BK in the airport.

I like those Costa Rica playing cards. I have about 7 different decks laying around purchased from different trips. One time I also bought this junky leather playing card carrying case in one of the malls - with Costa Rica on it.

Got to love the BK in the airport also. Only place in the world where a whopper value meal is $8. It's convenient though.

Have you guys checked out the new VIP lounge they have in the airport? I did on my last trip and thought it was a neat place. It's worth the $25 if you have a couple of hours to kill.

The General

We did not visit the VIP lounge as we were pressed for time.

And yes, the BK pricing on food was a joke.

The General said:
The beef was in no way real beef IMO. It was pretty bad no question.

They also raise a different kind of cow/bull there. I am used to seeing Brahmas being from the West Coast. But they have this cow/bull/steer that I hadn't seen until my first time there. I will find out what it is and try to report back, sir! ;)

Most of the meat tastes different there IMO but it doesn every I think. We also feed our cattle differently and we pump them full of vitimins and medicines.

BDizz..

The General

I had a steak at the White House and it was not very good either.

The fukin Lobster was great though. Decent trade-off.

The General said:

You gotta be shitting me?!

Out of all my times there I have NEVER been to the whitehouse. I have ALWAYS wanted to go! Did you get to go at night? I heard the view is just AMAZING at night. You guys take pics from there? If so, post them!

BDizz..

The General

We ate dinner there twice. Once with the guys from Atlas and Horizon and then just myself, Shrink and Scarlett although Larry Mac was at the table beside us. The view was incredible. I did take some photos but the lighting is bad. It was so awsome. I would recommend anyone go there at check out that location and view.

The General said:

You would have a better chance of finding 10 people that actually stop for red lights in CR, than you would being able to find a really good prime cut of beef.

The General

On Sunday, my comment to SHRINK was "There was no need for me to watch the NASCAR race, because I am in it". I must say the driving was scary for me. I thought I65 was bad. Now, after riding around in San Jose, it seems like a walk in the park.

The General said:
We ate dinner there twice. Once with the guys from Atlas and Horizon and then just myself, Shrink and Scarlett although Larry Mac was at the table beside us. The view was incredible. I did take some photos but the lighting is bad. It was so awsome. I would recommend anyone go there at check out that location and view.

I am truly jealous ;) LOL! Sounds like you lived it up.

Next time you guys are in town, there is another one which is my favorite in San Jose called "Ram y Luna". Same type of view/setting and great food. Let us know before you come down and I'll take you guys up there. It is best around this time of the year when it isn't too cold at night in high elevations and when the skies are clear.

BDizz..

The General said:
On Sunday, my comment to SHRINK was "There was no need for me to watch the NASCAR race, because I am in it". I must say the driving was scary for me. I thought I65 was bad. Now, after riding around in San Jose, it seems like a walk in the park.

jaja!

One time my ex thought I wouldn't mind driving because her license had expired. I think I almost shit my pants. Potholes, dogs, bike riders, motocycles, pedestrians, rapid turns, no street signs, cars don't stay in the lines there, etc But it was fun I guess.

Now I can drive like a pro there. I just need to have someone navigate because I don't no my way around outside of San Francisco, San Pedro, Desamparados, or Curridabat.

BDizz..

bdizzle said:
jaja!

One time my ex thought I wouldn't mind driving because her license had expired. I think I almost shit my pants. Potholes, dogs, bike riders, motocycles, pedestrians, rapid turns, no street signs, cars don't stay in the lines there, etc But it was fun I guess.

Now I can drive like a pro there. I just need to have someone navigate because I don't no my way around outside of San Francisco, San Pedro, Desamparados, or Curridabat.

BDizz..

Come on BD, how hard is it to navigate around this country with the great directions that they give, and the fact there are no street address'.........go past the tree stump that has 5 roots showing and turn right.....then go up to the yellow house with the pink fence and turn left.....then continue driving till you see the cow that only has one horn, then the place is 100 meters on your left, you can't miss it........:+thumbs-2

Hell On Wheels said:
Come on BD, how hard is it to navigate around this country with the great directions that they give, and the fact there are no street address'.........go past the tree stump that has 5 roots showing and turn right.....then go up to the yellow house with the pink fence and turn left.....then continue driving till you see the cow that only has one horn, then the place is 100 meters on your left, you can't miss it........:+thumbs-2

LMAO!!!!

BDizz..

wolfie_cr

EOG Member
The General said:

Imagine the expressway to the airport, on a friday night at 6 pm..................a truly increible experience in terms of driving

only thing worst is Mexico City or London .........and well of course the places where there are more bikes than cars like in China.............

The General

I swear in the 7 days I was in San Jose, 20 pedestrians and 20 dogs should have been killed by autos I was in. We watched one dog get plastered on the highway and the driver was just like "shit happens" LOL

wolfie_cr

EOG Member
you guys were here down during Easter...........

thats when there is ZERO traffic

so imagine how it is on regular days :(

The General

No doubt wolfie. I can only imagine, but I loved the freedom of expression pertaining to this industry. It is not the same here in America.

wolfie_cr said:
you guys were here down during Easter...........

thats when there is ZERO traffic

so imagine how it is on regular days :(

I don't know if you are framiliar with that old video game called 'Frogger'....On Fridays that is what my drive home reminds me of....Dodging all the people trying to cross the auto pista, and the buses stopping in the slow lane at will.

wolfie_cr

EOG Member
it reminds me of "Asteroid" or "Star Fox"

and some people think that videogames are useless for real life , how little do they know.........:rolleyes:

Your right, I can attribute my ability to naviagte the CR traffic to my ability to navigating an Asteroid field.......See I knew my mom was wrong all those time she told me that computer games where just a waste of time.....:+thumbs-2