W&M vs. VMI UNDER 156

Delaware -10.5 vs. Hampton

Siena +5.5 vs. Hofstra

Mason -8 vs. Lamar

Texas-San Antonio GA St. UNDER 131.5

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated
Re: CAA Basketball Plays

Aaahh, bracketbusters reminds me every year why I hate betting them. Horrible letdowns in the 2nd half by Mason & Delaware, with both deserving to lose their games, Siena not scoring a point in the last 4 minutes of the game after cutting the lead to 2, & ODU shooting 12-22 from 3 point range when they usually are lucky to shoot 30%...

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

+8.5 units, 27-23

February 22

ODU +4 vs. GA St. (2 units)

ODU vs. Ga St. UNDER 123 (2 units)

Delaware Towson OVER 124

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

February 25

Last day of the CAA regular season. Lets make it a good one.

Drexel +2 vs. ODU - I think Drexel is just too balanced scoring wise for ODU to win. Drexel's size should be able to counter ODUs big men.

Towson +12 vs. JMU (2 units) - Last time these teams played, Towson outrebounded JMU by almost 30 in a 2 point loss for Towson. Hitchens, who has missed the last 2 games and might miss today, scored 18 points in the game and was the real difference.

W&M Georgia St. UNDER 128 - GA St. extends their zone well to make it tough for teams to make 3-pointers, which is the staple of W&M offense (and has been for as long as I can remember...). Last time W&M faced Ga St. D, they scored 35 points on 5-21 3 point shooting.

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

4-0, +5 units, 33-24 overall, +14.3 units overall

Good way to end the regular season and make up for the bracketbusters picks. CAA tourney starts Friday!!

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

Started a bit late looking at the lines, but here are my plays for the night games

W&M vs NE UNDER 126.5
GA St. vs Hofstra UNDER 126.5
GA St. -5.5 vs. Hofstra

A couple of teams I like as possible upsets for the next round or 2 are Delaware (playing a ODU team who has trouble scoring and has been relying on Bazemore to win) and GA. St. (playing a Mason team who has been struggling in the past few games on the defensive end).

All in all, I think the championship game will be VCU & Drexel (I think by far the top 2 teams in the CAA). It will be tough for Drexel to win because it is essentially a home game for VCU, but I like the balanced scoring, rebounding, and good defense Drexel has. If Drexel makes the NCAA tourney, they are a team I would not want to play.

BlueHell

EOG Enthusiast

Drexel been playing well, but Mason has home state adv. That spaceship will rock if Rams make finals too. Bazemore showing he is a stud, but ODU grind it out ugly. They don't have the chops this year. Tribe is waiting for Tarpey next year I guess and a Thornton, maybe, transfer.

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

CAA tourney: 2-1, +.9 units
Overall: 35-25, +15.2 units

Round 2 Early games

Drexel vs. UNC-W OVER 125.5 (2 units) - A bit too low of a line in my view. UNC-W plays a little faster tempo than most teams in the CAA and have a subpar defense
Delaware +6.5 vs. ODU (2 units) - I really think ODU is going to struggle in the CAA tourney. Although Bazemore has been outstanding the past 3 games, the rest of the team has been nonexistent. ODU is without Iliadis, who is probably there best 3-point shooter (albeit a very streaky one). Delaware is relatively balanced in scoring, but need Sadler & Haggins to shoot well for them to get momentum on offense. The only thing that worries me about Delaware is that they are a very young team and do not have much experience in postseason play.
Delaware ML +250 vs. ODU (.5 units)

I will post the afternoon plays later, but I am surprised that Mason GA St. is a pickem. I like Ga. St. so I am going to wait until later to post my final decision. I expect the line to jump to Mason -2 by gametime

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

Ugly 1st half by Drexel... They aren't even trying to work it inside and are just taking awful perimeter shots. They better play better tomorrow if they want to win. You can get away with this against UNC-W, not against other teams in the CAA who aren't absolutely terrible like UNC-W is.

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

Terrible early session for today's round...
Delaware fell apart in the 2nd half... Couldn't get a rebound and kept taking bad perimeter shots.

Apparently I was wrong on my Mason line prediction. Seems like everyone else also thinks Mason is overrated.

Afternoon game

Northeastern +12 vs. VCU -
Although VCU is going to have a huge fan advantage, they haven't really been blowing anyone out of late
Mason Ga. St. OVER 129 (2 units)
- Really liked the way Ga. St. ran their offense yesterday vs Hofstra (granted Hofstra has a bad defense). Mason has also been struggling to play D of late and have been fouling a ton, allowing teams to score from the FT line and increase the number of possessions.

Might post some 2nd half lines depending on how the teams look in the 1st half

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

NE squeaking by with the cover. They could have easily won this game if they didn't turn the ball over 25 times... Thank you VCU for going 14-31 from the FT line.

Ga. St. lines is back down to a pickem, so I will add for 1 unit: Ga. St. ML - 110

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

Today: -7.2 units, 1-5
Overall: +8 units, 36-30

Well, Ga. St. can look at their 13 missed Fts to why they lost that game. Just terrible that they give up a layup to Mason with 3 seconds left, right after Pierson & Morrison had just fouled out within the last minute.

Rough day for me. Unfortunate that all chalk won. Should be good semis matchups though.
Drexel looked like they didn't care to be in the CAA tourney when they played UNC-W & ODU looked really good on offense and are out to prove a point. As much as I like Drexel, ODU seemed more interested and have always played well in the CAA tourney. Now I just need to determine if they are going to be like GA St. in their next game (shooting 37% from the field and 55% from the FT line) following an 80 point game or if they continue the momentum on offense.

VCU should be thrilled that Mason beat GA St., as they have had trouble scoring on GA St.'s matchup zone. Not sure what the line will be (I am thinking VCU -6 to -7), but if it is anything around VCU -7 or lower, I would hop on VCU.

Like usual, 2 teams I hate (ODU, VCU) and 1 team i hate a little less (Mason) are in the semis. So Drexel, please win the CAA tourney!!!

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

I think the spread is pretty accurate in the ODU Drexel game, so I am not going to touch that (maybe the 2nd half after I get a look at how both teams play).

ODU Drexel UNDER 121 (-115) (2 units)
VCU -6.5 (3 units) vs Mason

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

Adding:

2nd half both 1 unit
ODU -1.5 vs. Drexel -Just think both of these teams are too close in talent to not be closer than a 5 point game
ODU Drexel UNDER 64.5 - Both teams have been playing tremendous D in the first half and have had trouble creating good shots in their half court sets. I honestly see the winner barely cracking 50.

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

Good lord, no excuse for that game to almost go over. Apparently ODU doesn't understand when you are down 19 with 2 to play you dont keep fouling every time...

Unfortunately the 2nd half went way over because ODU decides to press every Drexel possession for the last 12 minutes of the half, even when they get it to 8 with 6:30 to go. Of course, Drexel responds by easily beating the press and getting 3 layups in a minute span.

Congrats to Drexel on making the CAA final. Their defense was relentless against ODU today, and if they can continue to score efficiently from inside and outside, they are going to be a force in the NCAA tourney. I haven't seen a team dominate the paint and offensive boards in a half like Drexel did in probably 2-3 years, so they definitely deserved this win in blowout fashion.

This team honestly reminds me of Mason when they made their final 4 run. They have 2 forwards who have good size (6'10") and are strong/bulky and know how to rebound. They have 2 combo PG/SG (Lee, Massanet) that can both shoot the 3 and drive to the basket. And then they have a 3rd guard (Fouch) who can get hot shooting the ball from deep real quick.

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

2nd half bets hurt yesterday being a good day. Don't know what happened to VCU in the 2nd half, but they couldn't run a half court set to save their lives against Mason.

CAA tourney: -4.4 units, 5-9
Overall: +9.7 units, 38-33

Yeah, I am not 100% sure Jammer. 3 keys to deciding who wins:
1) FT shooting: Drexel has been great from the FT in their 2 games (80%), VCU not as much (~55%).
2) Tempo: from watching the VCU Mason game last night, VCU was great if they could get out in transition and take shots 10 seconds into the shot clock (how VCU played the 1st half, mostly the 1st 10 minutes). However, if you slow VCU down and make them play half-court sets, they are far worse on offense (the reason why Mason got back in it- they stopped turning the ball over and forced VCU to run half court sets).
3) For Drexel, how many Turnovers and points of turnovers (more important) they allow. If they commit 15 or fewer turnover and allow 12 points or less off turnovers, I think they will win this game. Drexel handles the press well (beat ODU's press rather easily), with their big men (especially Givens) able to both handle and pass the ball well for a big man.

From watching the Drexel game yesterday, they have been playing very well on defense. They essentially shut down Bazemore, who had just been on fire shooting the past 3 weeks. Although VCU is going to have a huge advantage in fans, I know ODU travels well also and have a good crowd for the CAA tourney, which Drexel adjusted to well.

I think the line might grow to 3 for VCU, so I am going to wait before I bet Drexel to cover. I really like the way Drexel has been playing defense at the CAA tourney (and all year for that matter). Drexel should have the advantage on the boards, especially with how well Givens and McCoy attacked the glass for O-boards against ODU (a very tough team to outrebound).

However if do think the total is a tad too low, especially for a game I believe will be decided within the last couple of minutes, which should add FTs to help get over the over/under line.

So, for now, I have 1 play:
Drexel vs. VCU OVER 118 (1 unit)

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

Think I am going to go ahead and pull the trigger on Drexel:

Drexel +2.5 vs. VCU (2 units)
Drexel ML vs. VCU (+130) (1 unit)

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

Well Drexel, you clearly didn't heed my advice in numbers 2 & 3... Just keeping throwing the same lazy, predictable passes on offense that VCU easily steals and converts into points. You can still come back Drexel, but you need to run better offensive sets to regain the tempo and momentum.

2h: Drexel -2.5 (2 units)

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

Should have waited until the line moved to VCU -3...

-1.3 units today, +8.4 units overall. Would have been a good season if it weren't for the bracketbusters and CAA tourney.

Its unfortunate that Drexel won't get a NCAA bid, because I think they are a tough team to matchup because all 5 starters have the ability to score and they play a good team D.