Cam and Jameis

Newton 25/51, 333 yds, 0 TD, 0 INT

Do the Panthers have no rushing game. They only rushed 19 times & for under 2.3 yds per. The TB D dominated the line of scrimmage.

TB rushed many more times & for a significantly better average.

If i recall one of the game announcers, a hall of fame QB, suggested Newton's timing was off.

As "off" as he was Carolina still came within a hair of a SU win.

So many screw-ups on both sides of the ball in that game, especially the offences.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nfl...F-8#sie=m;/g/11h112fwn3;6;/m/059yj;tb2;fp;1;;

Valuist

EOG Master
Newton 25/51, 333 yds, 0 TD, 0 INT

Do the Panthers have no rushing game. They only rushed 19 times & for under 2.3 yds per. The TB D dominated the line of scrimmage.

TB rushed many more times & for a significantly better average.

If i recall one of the game announcers, a hall of fame QB, suggested Newton's timing was off.

As "off" as he was Carolina still came within a hair of a SU win.

So many screw-ups on both sides of the ball in that game, especially the offences.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nfl...F-8#sie=m;/g/11h112fwn3;6;/m/059yj;tb2;fp;1;;

No running game? You mean Carolina had no running game last night. McCaffery is one of the top RBs in the NFL. And he's not just a receiver out of the backfield.

Cam was great in his MVP season but his accuracy is just awful now. Painful to watch.

RGIII was a perfect example how a mediocre passer can be effective if they are a good runner. Then the knee injury hit him and he's worthless.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Not sure why Deion is surprised, Rivera said that Cam wasn’t going to run short yardage and goal line situations anymore because of the concussion and shoulder concerns.

kane

EOG master
you're mixing me up with someone else. You stinging from saying that Newton is the best QB in football a couple of years ago? The media fooled you.

He was the best QB in football a couple of years ago, maybe you forgot the season he was named the MVP and led his team to the SB

kane

EOG master
Yep. But it isn't 2015 anymore. He's nowhere the player now that he was then.

I agree, but that one season he was one of, if not the best player in the game, he had an MVP season. Unfortunately for him injuries have taken their toll, it's a catch 22, he needs to run to be as effective as he can be, but by running he takes a lot of hits, he'll never be a pure drop back passer, a guy who sits in the pocket and finds an open receiver, that's not who he is, so as the injuries have mounted he's run less, which makes him less effective

He was the best QB in football a couple of years ago, maybe you forgot the season he was named the MVP and led his team to the SB

Newton blew the SB by running away from a fumble. He tied the record for most overthrows in the SB. I told you before the SB, his variance was higher than any QB by a long shot. He padded his stats against bad defenses and was awful vs. good defenses. The defense carried Carolina.

kane

EOG master
Newton blew the SB by running away from a fumble. He tied the record for most overthrows in the SB. I told you before the SB, his variance was higher than any QB by a long shot. He padded his stats against bad defenses and was awful vs. good defenses. The defense carried Carolina.

He won the MVP, that season he was one of, if not the best player in the game, and nothing you post will change that fact

kane

EOG master
He won the MVP, he was one of, if not the best player in the game, and nothing you post will change that fact