Cam Netwon sets rookie passing record

J

joeybagadonuts

I'm surprised he isn't getting more attention. He broke Peytons rookie passing yard record today.

Hard not to be impressed with him. Other than the fact he has thrown a bunch of ints this year, which is expected from a rookie qb, he has some amazing stats.

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere
Re: Cam Netwon sets rookie passing record

I'm willing to admit I was 126% wrong about Clam the Newt. Has really had a great rookie season and has been fun to watch.

tripp

EOG Master

Definitely wrong about Cam. Guy is gonna be a star in the nfl.

A lot of the records this year are due to teams passing a ton more than years past though. Same goes for Drew Brees' passing record over Marino...think he throws the ball on average 6 more times a game? Or something like that, so have to put some of these records into perspective.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Easily the best rookie quarterback in the history of the NFL. Unbelievable how good he could be going into the future.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Definitely wrong about Cam. Guy is gonna be a star in the nfl.

A lot of the records this year are due to teams passing a ton more than years past though. Same goes for Drew Brees' passing record over Marino...think he throws the ball on average 6 more times a game? Or something like that, so have to put some of these records into perspective.

Cam has thrown the ball 65 fewer times than Peyton did as a rookie.

Has a higher completion %. Fewer INT's by 12, 9 more total td's, and more yards in fewer attempts. Incredible stuff.

Has a higher completion %. Fewer INT's by 12, 9 more total td's, and more yards in fewer attempts. Incredible stuff.

WAR-Damn-Eagle, Cammington!!!

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

As a Panthers fan, I was hating the Cam Newton #1 overall pick in the draft. He proved me wrong and made me look stupid when I said he would be the next Jamarcus Russell. Hopefully he will continue to improve the next few years.

If the panthers can stay healthy one year and not lose like 5 LBs to IR then they actually have a chance of making a run for a playoff spot

J

joeybagadonuts

And 14 rushing TDs, also a rookie record.

tripp

EOG Master

Panthers still have lots of work to do on defense, so playoffs won't be easy with Atlanta and New Orleans in the division.

I'm sure they will be the "sexy" pick for playoffs next year though. I'm sure they'd love to grab Claiborne from LSU in the draft.

Apple

Banned

Carolina gets healthy, drafts well and they will be a major playoff contender and make the NFC south by FAR the best conference in the NFL. At least top 3 wise.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Carolina gets healthy, drafts well and they will be a major playoff contender and make the NFC south by FAR the best conference in the NFL. At least top 3 wise.

Bears come back healthy next year. Lions progress even more from their dumb youth, and Packers remain #1 team in NFL next year. NFC North still the division to beat going into next year.

tripp

EOG Master

Four very strong divisions in the NFL right now (AFC East, AFC North, NFC North, NFC South), and four pathetic ones (NFC West, AFC West, NFC East, AFC South).

If Cinci can progress next year I lean to the AFC North remaining the best division in football. Tough to beat the duo of Pittsburgh/Baltimore, and Cinci is only going to get better with a lot of young pieces.

Apple

Banned

GB>NO
ATL>CHI
DET<CAR

MINN?TB

Its close. but you might be right, depends on how good Carolina and Chicago are.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Bears handed it to the Falcons to start of the year when they were healthy. Falcons and Bears are clearly much different teams today.

Four very strong divisions in the NFL right now (AFC East, AFC North, NFC North, NFC South), and four pathetic ones (NFC West, AFC West, NFC East, AFC South).

If Cinci can progress next year I lean to the AFC North remaining the best division in football. Tough to beat the duo of Pittsburgh/Baltimore, and Cinci is only going to get better with a lot of young pieces.

What? We have competitive balance, exactly what the National Mediocre Football League wants.

Don't you read the PR shit?

Teddy kgb

Banned

He was stealing lap tops two years ago and his pop dukes was asking for 'play for cash' just last year.

Without Steve Smith he will get frustrated and quit on his team and himself.....just another lazy #@&*$)

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

I thought he would be a bust and i'll admit i was wrong.Next season i think Carolina will be a big threat in the NFC and they will have a pretty good season and make the playoffs.Ron Rivera is a big time defense guy so if Cam gets that offense going then of course Rivera will get some good quality guys on defense.After all Rivera played on that '85 Bears team probably the best defense ever.Once Cam gets that offense clicking and the defense gets fearsome they could be a major contender.

igorokfree

EOG Member
New generation hosting

New generation hosting

The best free hosting for your site! New generation hosting is all your new site needs! A New World is what the new generation needs. The path to a New World starts here - http://apwey.net78.net