Can it get any worse offshore?

Trip78

EOG Member
Re: Can it get any worse offshore?

Does anyone see the UIGEA being able to completely rid the USA of online gambling? Or would it take something stronger? Seems like the UIGEA is too weak. But from reading Bills comments, maybe it is going to work afterall.

What about the hearing on April 2. Barney Frank seems to think it is going to show how the UIGEA is too flawed to work.

As online bettors, we have all the banks, mastercard, WTO, and the European Union on our side. That is a lot of leverage. It seems like things could possibly get better.

I wonder what is going to come out of the April 2nd meeting about the UIGEA? Frank is confident that it is going to help the industry. I am anxiously awaiting this meeting.

munson15

I want winners...

Does anyone see the UIGEA being able to completely rid the USA of online gambling? Or would it take something stronger? Seems like the UIGEA is too weak. But from reading Bills comments, maybe it is going to work afterall.

What about the hearing on April 2. Barney Frank seems to think it is going to show how the UIGEA is too flawed to work.

As online bettors, we have all the banks, mastercard, WTO, and the European Union on our side. That is a lot of leverage. It seems like things could possibly get better.

I wonder what is going to come out of the April 2nd meeting about the UIGEA? Frank is confident that it is going to help the industry. I am anxiously awaiting this meeting.

I hope you are right.:cheers

sean1

EOG Dedicated

I do not understand why no one has opened up a new neteller. Do it with limits (1 check withdrawal every 90 days or something)

That is what the books need. Then each book would not be sending hundreds of checks back and forth to the U.S.

Obviously who ever does this must never want to come to the US again. Calvin or Spiros would be perfect. Plus they are trusted. IF the Neteller guys never came to the US neteller would still be fine. Same with BOS.

Now if no one wants to set up the network that actually transfers to the US, why the hell havent the top 10 books set up a network for themselves and advertised it? They could then let shit books in, but require shit books put up dollars to back their transactions and likely pay a fee. All liquidity would be resolved if the books got together and set up a big internal transfer system. HOw hard can it be to get 10 top books together? Then anyone else can join with a retainer...

Sean

I do not understand why no one has opened up a new neteller. Do it with limits (1 check withdrawal every 90 days or something)
Any money transfer service that would limit their customers receiving money would greatly reduce the service's profits and the only people who possibly use such a service would be online gamblers.

It seems banks would easily be able to identify all of deposits/withdrawals made through the service as gambling transactions and block them to remain in compliance with the UIGEA?

Now if no one wants to set up the network that actually transfers to the US, why the hell havent the top 10 books set up a network for themselves and advertised it? They could then let shit books in, but require shit books put up dollars to back their transactions and likely pay a fee. All liquidity would be resolved if the books got together and set up a big internal transfer system. HOw hard can it be to get 10 top books together? Then anyone else can join with a retainer...
Same as above. Such a service would seem to be easily identifiable and banks would be required to deny their transactions.

The Prophet

EOG Dedicated

That is what the books need. Then each book would not be sending hundreds of checks back and forth to the U.S.

Obviously who ever does this must never want to come to the US again. Calvin or Spiros would be perfect. Plus they are trusted. IF the Neteller guys never came to the US neteller would still be fine. Same with BOS.

Sean

ALL WE KNOW IS THAT FRONTING FINANCIAL PROCESSING SERVICE FOR OFFSHORE GAMING SYNDICATES IS VERY LUCRATIVE BUT MAY CARRY WITH IT A $336 MILLION GET OF JAIL TAB?:thumbsup

YET THERE CURRENTLY REMAINS NO VOLUNTEERS TO FILL THIS VERY LUCRATIVE OPENING?:+clueless

EVEN IF LOCATED AND OPERATED FROM SOME REMOTE PROCLAIMED ?SAFE-HAVEN? :rolleyes:

IMAGINE THAT. :D

wygand

EOG Member

Here are a few suggestions that might help:

1- Stop asking for multiple transactions and withdrawals..

2- If everyone just played like they did in 2005, the industry might begin to thrive again....

3- Stick with the Elite Sports books...

4- Be patient with the processors (and realize that a lot of these delays are out of the sports books' control)....

THE SHRINK

Please listen to this man he is talking sense. as an add on maybe stop being afraid of middle america and its right wing fundamentalist relegious narrow minded 18th century values and stand up for your rights.

Some great men said once
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

You are not free, not even close people!

A european who works in the offshore gaming industry.

books are on the ropes here. Transaction amounts are reduced, books resorting to receivers in different countries, must have to pay these people !

Other books go thru some front company in Florida, that is questionable,IMO

Screws will get tightened furthur to restrict flow of monies. Get the Hell out of crap books while you still might be able to.

PalmTree

EOG Dedicated

Please listen to this man he is talking sense. as an add on maybe stop being afraid of middle america and its right wing fundamentalist relegious narrow minded 18th century values and stand up for your rights.

So, in other words, send your money to us, and let us hang onto it. Don't think about transferring it to another book, just trust us to hold onto it, and above all, don't ask for it back. We know we're thousands of miles away, we give you no financial statements or other assurances that we are solvent, but keep sending us money!

Just speaking for myself, I've had enough. Winning is hard enough, but I can't move money as I need to, I can't transfer to get the best line, I can't collect without leaving a massive paper trail, and I can't sleep if I leave enough of a balance to get down a few decent size bets on any given Saturday. A few years ago I had over 40 dimes in Matchbook, Pinny and Bet JM, now I won't leave 3 dimes offshore. I've been stiffed over 11 dimes on wins in credit accounts in the last twelve months. It really sucks having no access to my money and no way to safely collect even if I win. Why would I bother?

The Prophet

EOG Dedicated

So, in other words, send your money to us, and let us hang onto it. Don't think about transferring it to another book, just trust us to hold onto it, and above all, don't ask for it back. We know we're thousands of miles away, we give you no financial statements or other assurances that we are solvent, but keep sending us money!

Just speaking for myself, I've had enough. Winning is hard enough, but I can't move money as I need to, I can't transfer to get the best line, I can't collect without leaving a massive paper trail, and I can't sleep if I leave enough of a balance to get down a few decent size bets on any given Saturday. A few years ago I had over 40 dimes in Matchbook, Pinny and Bet JM, now I won't leave 3 dimes offshore. I've been stiffed over 11 dimes on wins in credit accounts in the last twelve months. It really sucks having no access to my money and no way to safely collect even if I win. Why would I bother?

THE REAL MONEY PULLED-OUT OF THE AMERICAN MARKET OVER A YEAR AGO...

QUITE FRANKLY, I AM SURPRISED THERE HASN'T BEEN MORE CASUALTIES BY NOW...GOT TO BELIEVE THERE'S SOME RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER.

OBVIOUSLY THIS AMERICAN OFFSHORE GAMING MARKET ISN'T COMING BACK (TO VIABILITY) FOR QUITE A WHILE, IF NOT IN OUR LIFE-TIME.

FAR TOO MANY BOILER-ROOM OUTFITS STILL BEING PROMOTED WHO WILL PULL-DOWN A FEW MORE REMAINING PUNTERS WITH THEM WHEN THEY EVENTUALLY GO SOUTH.

A RISK/REWARD RATIO BEST SUITED FOR GUPPIES AND SUCKERS.

LIFE GOES ON...

IT WAS A BLAST WHILE IT LASTED.

Trip78

EOG Member

THE REAL MONEY PULLED-OUT OF THE AMERICAN MARKET OVER A YEAR AGO...

QUITE FRANKLY, I AM SURPRISED THERE HASN'T BEEN MORE CASUALTIES BY NOW...GOT TO BELIEVE THERE'S SOME RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER.

OBVIOUSLY THIS AMERICAN OFFSHORE GAMING MARKET ISN'T COMING BACK (TO VIABILITY) FOR QUITE A WHILE, IF NOT IN OUR LIFE-TIME.

FAR TOO MANY BOILER-ROOM OUTFITS STILL BEING PROMOTED WHO WILL PULL-DOWN A FEW MORE REMAINING PUNTERS WITH THEM WHEN THEY EVENTUALLY GO SOUTH.

A RISK/REWARD RATIO BEST SUITED FOR GUPPIES AND SUCKERS.

LIFE GOES ON...

IT WAS A BLAST WHILE IT LASTED.

I completely disagree. I have been playing offshore now for 10 years with the elite books and have never been stiffed a nickel.

Those who don't do their homework get stiffed, its that simple. Stick with the top 5 books and you are fine. Most of the guys getting stiffed are those who get greedy with bonuses and such. My advice is to never take a bonus. Why does it seem like I am the only one who has not been negatively affected whatsoever by the UIGEA? Surely I'm not the only one? Besides paying $40 for a FedEx check (or sometimes its free) I haven't lost any money or any liquidity in this. You just have to be willing to wait a week for your money to get through the hold the bank puts on it. The banks by the way have already said that THEY CANNOT ENFORCE THE UIGEA, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE. Sure some B and C books may go down but stick to the elite of the elite and you are gonna be fine.

The bottom line is that different pressures have the United States headed toward either a repeal of the UIGEA or regulated online gambling.

By the way, the Neteller confiscation had nothing to do with the UIGEA. It would have happened if UIGEA had never passed. Also, you can now transfer money back and forth between the top tier books all you want to. Very easy, none of it ever hits american processors. It is free.

The scalpers and bonus hunters are the ones that it hurt, not the gamblers. And it is actually getting easier to move money now that most of the top tier books allow free book to book transfers of money.

Again I will emphasize that none of the people I know have been slowed down one bit by the UIGEA. But then again I hang out with smart people who do their homework.

munson15

I want winners...

Please tell me you've never been stiffed by Betjam or Matchbook. I'm in a bad way right now with a questionable book, and I have no one to blame but myself. I must say that if I were to lose confidence in the books you mentioned, I would just shut it down and go back to the days when the only gambling I did was calling the local at 12 noon on Sundays and 7 pm Mondays during football season.

PalmTree

EOG Dedicated

Munson - never stiffed by one of those books. Got stiffed by an agent I've known for a while. Completely his doing, the books had nothing to do with it. But I still got screwed.

munson15

I want winners...

Munson - never stiffed by one of those books. Got stiffed by an agent I've known for a while. Completely his doing, the books had nothing to do with it. But I still got screwed.
Sorry for the fact you got robbed, but thanks for sharing the information.

The Prophet

EOG Dedicated

I completely disagree. I have been playing offshore now for 10 years with the elite books and have never been stiffed a nickel.

Those who don't do their homework get stiffed, its that simple. Stick with the top 5 books and you are fine. Most of the guys getting stiffed are those who get greedy with bonuses and such. My advice is to never take a bonus. Why does it seem like I am the only one who has not been negatively affected whatsoever by the UIGEA? Surely I'm not the only one? Besides paying $40 for a FedEx check (or sometimes its free) I haven't lost any money or any liquidity in this. You just have to be willing to wait a week for your money to get through the hold the bank puts on it. The banks by the way have already said that THEY CANNOT ENFORCE THE UIGEA, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE. Sure some B and C books may go down but stick to the elite of the elite and you are gonna be fine.

The bottom line is that different pressures have the United States headed toward either a repeal of the UIGEA or regulated online gambling.

By the way, the Neteller confiscation had nothing to do with the UIGEA. It would have happened if UIGEA had never passed. Also, you can now transfer money back and forth between the top tier books all you want to. Very easy, none of it ever hits american processors. It is free.

The scalpers and bonus hunters are the ones that it hurt, not the gamblers. And it is actually getting easier to move money now that most of the top tier books allow free book to book transfers of money.

Again I will emphasize that none of the people I know have been slowed down one bit by the UIGEA. But then again I hang out with smart people who do their homework.

TO MY KNOWLEDGE THERE’S NOT BEEN ONE OFFSHORE BOOKMAKER “ELITE” (WHATEVER THAT MEANS) OR NOT OVER THE PAST DECADE THAT HASN’T EITHER LIMITED, BOOTED OR WELCHED UPON A CUSTOMER…

OBVIOUSLY, THAT HASN’T STOPPED YOU OR OTHERS FROM CONTINUED PATRONAGE…YET, HAS COMPLETELY STOPPED THE MAX-LIMIT-BANGERS I KNOW FROM PARTICIPATING.

YET, THERE SHOULD BE NO DISAGREEMENT BETWEEN US THAT TODAY’S OFFSHORE FACING U.S. MARKET IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE LIQUIDITY/VOLUME/PLAYERS THAT IT POSSESSED MERELY 15-MONTHS AGO…WHILE THIS DIMINISHING TREND HAS NOW BEEN REVERSED? I DON’T THINK SO AND YOU CAN CALL ME A DISBELIEVER OR DUMMY IF YOU’D LIKE.

BTW: SCALPERS AND BONUS HUNTERS REALLY DON’T GAMBLE?

FYI: MERELY SENDING FUNDS OFFSHORE HAS ALWAYS BEEN A GAMBLE…REGARDLESS OF WHO YOU SEND IT TO OR THROUGH.

BOTTOM LINE: AMERICAN OFFSHORE FACING PROVIDERS ARE NOT DOING CARTWHEELS OVER THE CURRENT STATE OF AFFAIRS…ALONG WITH THOSE IN THE CIRCLES I HANG WITH WHO NO LONGER PARTICIPATE…

BUT AS LONG AS YOU REMAIN UNSCAVED (OTHERS HAVE BEEN LESS FORTUNATE) IT’S ALL GOOD FROM YOUR PERSPECTIVE, WHICH IS UNDERSTANDABLE…

TO YOU, WILD BILL IS SIMPLY BLOWING A SMOKE SCREEN OF REALITY WITH REGARD TO OFFSHORE PROVIDERS CURRENT STATE OF BUSINESS AFFAIRS…NOT YOURS…AGAIN, UNDERSTANDABLE.

PARTY-ON

:party

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

Keep the faith and worry about today more so than tomorrow guys.

Trip78

EOG Member

TO MY KNOWLEDGE THERE’S NOT BEEN ONE OFFSHORE BOOKMAKER “ELITE” (WHATEVER THAT MEANS) OR NOT OVER THE PAST DECADE THAT HASN’T EITHER LIMITED, BOOTED OR WELCHED UPON A CUSTOMER…

OBVIOUSLY, THAT HASN’T STOPPED YOU OR OTHERS FROM CONTINUED PATRONAGE…YET, HAS COMPLETELY STOPPED THE MAX-LIMIT-BANGERS I KNOW FROM PARTICIPATING.

YET, THERE SHOULD BE NO DISAGREEMENT BETWEEN US THAT TODAY’S OFFSHORE FACING U.S. MARKET IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE LIQUIDITY/VOLUME/PLAYERS THAT IT POSSESSED MERELY 15-MONTHS AGO…WHILE THIS DIMINISHING TREND HAS NOW BEEN REVERSED? I DON’T THINK SO AND YOU CAN CALL ME A DISBELIEVER OR DUMMY IF YOU’D LIKE.

BTW: SCALPERS AND BONUS HUNTERS REALLY DON’T GAMBLE?

FYI: MERELY SENDING FUNDS OFFSHORE HAS ALWAYS BEEN A GAMBLE…REGARDLESS OF WHO YOU SEND IT TO OR THROUGH.

BOTTOM LINE: AMERICAN OFFSHORE FACING PROVIDERS ARE NOT DOING CARTWHEELS OVER THE CURRENT STATE OF AFFAIRS…ALONG WITH THOSE IN THE CIRCLES I HANG WITH WHO NO LONGER PARTICIPATE…

BUT AS LONG AS YOU REMAIN UNSCAVED (OTHERS HAVE BEEN LESS FORTUNATE) IT’S ALL GOOD FROM YOUR PERSPECTIVE, WHICH IS UNDERSTANDABLE…

TO YOU, WILD BILL IS SIMPLY BLOWING A SMOKE SCREEN OF REALITY WITH REGARD TO OFFSHORE PROVIDERS CURRENT STATE OF BUSINESS AFFAIRS…NOT YOURS…AGAIN, UNDERSTANDABLE.

PARTY-ON

:party

Have you tried the exchanges? I know that some of the market maker money may come out of the pockets of the exchanges themselves but I would think that there would be enough patrons by now that the exchanges could limit the risk enough to allow a lot of professional activity without having to boot players.

I do agree with you that the offshore environment is not optimal right now. The books are going through rough times but I think that there will be some relief on the way in the form of a new white house administration and pressure to back off of the UIGEA enforcement. I just choose to be optimistic about it. I'm not good enough and dont bet high enough limit to have been booted from anywhere and none of the people I know are pros that max out on the limits. So I wouldn't know about the world of the max limit bangers you speak of. I do follow the offshore legislative happenings though and there seems to be hope for the offshores. I'm pulling for them, everyone knows the UIGEA is a BS law that is full of holes. Its just not going to work. I hope this meeting on April 2 will show the world that the UIGEA was an idiotic law passed in an idiotic way by an idiot.

sean1

EOG Dedicated

The profitability of neteller did not come from sending money to and from gamblers. It came from letting gamblers move the money between books.

Neteller charged like $10/withdrawal, but about 2-3% for a tranfer to or from a book...

A new neteller should limit withdrawals to a number it can make without issue. I'd say one every 3 months would suffice. They should also set a minimum like $10000 or $5000. And no, banks here would have no clue. Hundreds of hedge funds around the world send and receive wires daily. So do many other businesses. THe thing that gives away businesses like neteller and other books is 10s of thousands of transactions that are $100 or $300 from another country. No one but gamblers send $200 to Costa Rica.

And yes, it is surprising that no one has stepped up. The only way the NT guys got arrested is they came to the US. There are enough guys out there who can not come to the US as it is. Eventually one of them will realize he can make a hell of a lot more money being the transfer service than running bodog.

Also, it is more likely than not that either Obama or Hilliary will go back to the WTO and settle the dispute with Antigua by opening up gaming. OTherwise the WTO is done.

Now if McCain gets in, forget about it.
Sean

An interesting idea, sean1, but it seems unrealistic to think the banks won't find out about the service, especially if there is a minimum ten thousand dollar withdrawal. The number ten-thousand bumps right up against FinCen's guidelines.

What you are suggesting is a clandestine money transfer service dedicated to high rollers.

FinCen would love to eat such a business for breakfast, with hot sauce.

If they can't arrest the operators, they could warn every bank off of doing business with the service under threat of investigating and seize assets of the bank itself for dealing with such a "criminal enterprise".

Things like this have happened before (for example, in 2004 the US Justice Department seized 3.2 million from Partygaming by taking it from the Discovery Network, which Partygaming had prepaid for running advertisements)

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

An interesting idea, sean1, but it seems unrealistic to think the banks won't find out about the service, especially if there is a minimum ten thousand dollar withdrawal. The number ten-thousand bumps right up against FinCen's guidelines.

What you are suggesting is a clandestine money transfer service dedicated to high rollers.

FinCen would love to eat such a business for breakfast, with hot sauce.

If they can't arrest the operators, they could warn every bank off of doing business with the service under threat of investigating and seize assets of the bank itself for dealing with such a "criminal enterprise".

Things like this have happened before (for example, in 2004 the US Justice Department seized 3.2 million from Partygaming by taking it from the Discovery Network, which Partygaming had prepaid for running advertisements)

Sean 1 is a nice guy and on our side. With that being said he has been 100% off base the entire time (making long winded posts) since before time when he said the law would not pass, to him denying their was a such thing as processor problems, to now and him thinking it is "surprising" there is not a new Neteller. He has been out of touch the entire ride so why stop now?

It is not surprising there is not a new neteller. Not at all.

sean1

EOG Dedicated

I am not saying it would be without headache - I am sure a service would need to use multiple bank accounts, move them around, etc but there is a hell of a lot of money to be made.

The problem with a traditional neteller is neteller had millions of users - most of which were moving $20 here, $100 there... This led to 100s of thousands of efts in and out of the states.

About the only thing that need 10s of thousands of efts into and out of the states is online gambling and it would not be hard for the feds to pick out accounts that were doing this... I mean seriously, has anyone here sent $200 overseas for anything but gambling?

Now large wires are not unusual at all. Businesses send wires into an out of the states all the time. There are 1000s of offshore investment funds that send 7+ figures to customers all the time. In a weird way, a $20,000 wire transfer from Antigua is more "normal" than a $200 eft.

Now who do you think Neteller made most its money from? The 2 million users who deposits $300 and sent it to one book, or the couple thousand users who had $100k there and moved it weekly between books?

I really think there is a hell of a lot of money to be made, but the someone has to be someone trusted who already has a name made for himself offshore...

Sean

chemist

EOG Member

Good points, Doug. But "why has nobody started such a company then" is easy to answer, because who would?

Such a company would have to be outside of the reach of US law and also be able to establish trust with US customers.

At this time it is, to say the least, an unfavorable climate to attempt to garner investors towards establishing a money transfer service related to moving money from online gambling US customers.

Who's going to invest, maybe some millionaires in the Middle East, South America, or North Africa?

Not likely.

Establishing trust with US customers, as you point out, is also a factor.

But establishing trust could happen, it would just take a few years. Take a look at AlertPay, as an example who started in 2004 and are just now getting big.

But I take an optimist's position on this point, maybe one that is not realistic?

There'd have to be some synergies with the Columbian cartels, you'd think. :smokesmal

Wise Guy

EOG Addicted

I am on day 15 with Betmania and now when I call they say to call back later ??????

Betmania will eventually pay you. But they really take their sweet time. I recommend you call back regularly to remind them that you are still waiting for them to do as they said they would.

Wise Guy

EOG Addicted

What are McCain's feelings and positions about offshore gaming? . . .

In a quick phrase, McCain wants to eliminate ALL betting on college sports regardless of whether it is conducted in Nevada, offshore, or by locals. If elected, I doubt that would be his top priority, but he certainly would have an open door for any Senator or Representative who was so inclined.

Google this: "John McCain" and "Amateur Sports Integrity Act"

Wise Guy

EOG Addicted

When the shit started to hit the fan, I opened up an account with a Canadian bank and I haven't had any problems. When you stop into a branch up north, be sure to make up some story about why you need a Canadian bank account. The Canadians will never notice because no offshore does their wire transfers with an obvious name (like "Joe's Illegal Sports Book") -- instead, offshores do their wire transfers using company names like "Treadwell Trading Group."

Am I missing something? Why haven't you all opened a Canadian banque account? I can see the $5 squares complaining, but if you are serious about your gambling, my solution works very well.

Am I missing something? Why haven't you all opened a Canadian banque account? I can see the $5 squares complaining, but if you are serious about your gambling, my solution works very well.

Setting up a Canadian bank account and doing wire transfers works well (as Wise Guy indicates) for the very small amount of US players who've done it, but most players bet online for recreation. This vast majority of players won't bother with setting up anything in Canada. And offshore books are now having problems trying to move money with such players.

Players who've gone through the effort of setting up Canadian accounts might be concerned about the state of the industry as a whole, especially when, as WildBill said, there is open talk of books "going bodog" (that is, low limits, high juice, bad numbers).

And then there's players like sean1 is talking about who it seems even setting up a Canadian bank account and doing wire transfers would not suffice. Such players need an e-wallet (e.g., Neteller) because they move money around from book to book (and many times they need to move money with books that other books won't do book-to-book transfers with). Players like this are basically trying to get a half-point advantage on every play they make so they need to be able to bet and move money at a dozen or more books with ease and quickness.

sean1

EOG Dedicated

Canadian bank accounts do work well and there are a few that will let you make wires online. It's not neteller, but it is nice. The problem is that some books still delay 2-4 weeks for a wire to Canada, citing processors. This would not be the case with a new E wallet that holds retainer cash like Neteller did.

If most books got wires to Canada in 2-3 days, I'd be thrilled with that. I have 3 Canadian bank accounts (figured while I was there, might as well open a few) but I have found the wires from most books aren't exactly speedy and the ones that are don't seem to have any delays getting wires to me in the states....

Sean

Wise Guy

EOG Addicted

Canadian bank accounts do work well and there are a few that will let you make wires online. . . .Sean

Please tell me more.

I opened accounts with:
Royal Banque
Bank of Montreal
TD Canada Trust
CIBC

and none of them have allowed me to do wires online.

Actually, all these banks turned out to be a waste except for BMO. BMO will do a wire when I send them a signed fax.

Last edited:

Wise Guy

EOG Addicted

. . . If most books got wires to Canada in 2-3 days, I'd be thrilled with that. I have 3 Canadian bank accounts (figured while I was there, might as well open a few) but I have found the wires from most books aren't exactly speedy and the ones that are don't seem to have any delays getting wires to me in the states.... Sean

That is exactly what I have experienced. Lots of delays -- and the reason seems to be that I am dealing with a retail branch that takes their sweet time processing my wire request. They do it when they get around to it -- but they do it right away for customers standing in the branch.

Wise Guy

EOG Addicted

. . . If most books got wires to Canada in 2-3 days, I'd be thrilled with that. I have 3 Canadian bank accounts (figured while I was there, might as well open a few) but I have found the wires from most books aren't exactly speedy and the ones that are don't seem to have any delays getting wires to me in the states.... Sean

Yes, I thought the same way -- so I opened 4 banque accounts in Canada, since I was already there.
CIBC
RBC
BMO
TD Trust

If you like, Sean1, check my profile, download my vCard, save my vCard, read my vCard, and get my e-mail address from my vCard. I just ran into a different bank that allows one to do wire transfers from their web site and the transfers go out next day (or so they claim). I called them today and they assured me that they can give me what I need in speed. I might go back up to Canada, get this fixed up, and I will let you know how it works out.

Be aware that this Canadian banque shares information directly with the US Government. So this option is really only for those who wish to go totally legit -- with complete tax return reporting. This banque made an agreement with the US Government to share all info about US citizens -- in exchange for excellent access to the US market for their new USA branches.

I also have another idea with another Canadian banque that I can let you in on (not sure yet if it works).

Thanx
Wise Guy

Wise Guy

EOG Addicted

. . . If most books got wires to Canada in 2-3 days, I'd be thrilled with that. I have 3 Canadian bank accounts (figured while I was there, might as well open a few) but I have found the wires from most books aren't exactly speedy and the ones that are don't seem to have any delays getting wires to me in the states....

Sean

Oh, I mis-read your earlier post -- but actually I have experienced delays both directions, book to Canadian bank and Canadian bank to book. My experience has been that bank wire don't arrive nearly as fast (either direction) as promised.

Towelie

EOG Enthusiast

Please tell me more.

I opened accounts with:
Royal Banque
Bank of Montreal
TD Canada Trust
CIBC

and none of them have allowed me to do wires online.

Actually, all these banks turned out to be a waste except for BMO. BMO will do a wire when I send them a signed fax.

Exact problem I have. Set up an account and wired money to it from US, but have it just sitting there now until I figure a way to wire it out without flying back up there.

sean1

EOG Dedicated

Wiseguy, I don't see a vcard. Can you send your email to shrink or general and ask them to forward it to me?

Thanks

Sean

Wise Guy

EOG Addicted

Exact problem I have. Set up an account and wired money to it from US, but have it just sitting there now until I figure a way to wire it out without flying back up there.

I have a lead on a new Canadian banque that might work. Note my name for follow-up in a few months after I look into this.

Wise Guy

EOG Addicted

Wiseguy, I don't see a vcard. Can you send your email to shrink or general and ask them to forward it to me? Sean

(a) Left mouse click on my forum name to the left
(b) Left mouse click "view public profile"
(c) Look for the words "Download vCard"
(d) Save vCard
(e) open up saved vCard file

and

just now, I sent an e-mail to Moderator Dirty with your request.

for both you and Towelie

dirty

EOG Master

I have sent both of them your Info.... but sean1's bounced back....sean please send me your working email to dirty@eog.com

Thanks

dirty

EOG Master

I believe I found sean1's working email. I had it somewhere...just had to find it... if you don't get it sean let me know