Can South Florida Give Miami a Game Next WeeK?

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Miami -35. Don't confuse pass happy Louisville for defensive monster Canes. S. FLA will be celebrating all week, then play a real team. Great game for them yesterday, but the matchups were actually in their favor. Congrats for the great win.

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

While I can't comment on South Florida as I've not seen them play, in the two games I've seen out of Miami I've not seen anything that makes me think they are a Top 15 team.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Cinderella does not got to the ball twice. Small school springing their biggest upset ever has got to have them high all week. Have that pumpkin ready.

Gavrilo Princip

EOG Member
Bettor days said:
i think 21 is an insult to miami... i see them smokin them by 28 or more

I agree. I think -21 would have been a more reasonable number if the game was at South Florida's home field (as the Louisville game was).

I thought I'd look at the 'Canes schedule and see this was a look ahead game. Well, they have Duke and the mighty Temple looming, so don't see how they would lose focus.

If the Hokies get by 'Ears in Morgantown this weekend, boy that matchup in Nov. in Blacksburg is looming large!:+eyes-13+

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated
5teamparlay said:
Miami Is Definitely Looking At This Game A Bit Closer Than They Were 2 Day Ago, F A C T.
that is exactly why i think they will be prepared for anything s. fla. will bring

Outlaw

EOG Enthusiast
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=615><TBODY><TR><TD class=tdHeader colSpan=3>USF Football (Men)</TD><TD class=tdHeader vAlign=bottom align=right width=300>Back</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdHeader colSpan=4>Current Record</TD></TR><TR><TD class=text2 colSpan=4>All: 3-1-0 through 4 of 11
Conference: 1-0-0 through 1 of 7</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdHeader colSpan=4>Schedule</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdHeader vAlign=bottom align=left>Date</TD><TD class=tdHeader vAlign=bottom align=left>Game</TD><TD class=tdHeader vAlign=bottom align=right>Time/
Result</TD><TD class=tdHeader align=middle> </TD></TR><TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD class=text3 vAlign=top noWrap>Sat 9/3</TD><TD class=text3 vAlign=top noWrap align=left>at Penn State</TD><TD class=text3 vAlign=top noWrap align=right>L, 13-23</TD><TD class=text2 vAlign=top> ESPNU/ESPN Regional TV</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#d4ccaa><TD class=text3 vAlign=top noWrap>Sat 9/10</TD><TD class=text3 vAlign=top noWrap align=left>Florida A&M</TD><TD class=text3 vAlign=top noWrap align=right>W, 37-3</TD><TD class=text2 vAlign=top> </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD class=text3 vAlign=top noWrap>Sat 9/17</TD><TD class=text3 vAlign=top noWrap align=left>UCF</TD><TD class=text3 vAlign=top noWrap align=right>W, 31-14</TD><TD class=text2 vAlign=top> FSN Florida</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#d4ccaa><TD class=text3 vAlign=top noWrap>Sat 9/24</TD><TD class=text3 vAlign=top noWrap align=left>Louisville*</TD><TD class=text3 vAlign=top noWrap align=right>W, 45-14</TD><TD class=text2 vAlign=top> ESPNU</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

pretty solid so far, played some bad teams and blew them out. respectable showing at Penn St. Louisville game probably a fluke, but don't throw it out, they crushed the #9 team.

Miami hasnt shown yet that they can break out of their shell and crush anyone. offense struggling, not many big plays.

like the frog said though, very tough spot for S Fla and Miami will be not be sleeping, the Louisville game set off the alarm giving them 1 week notice that this is no patsy to ignore.

Chris@Olympic said:
Night Gm in the OB , enough said

You would be right if you were talking about Baton Rouge, Columbus, Ann Arbor, Knoxville, Gainesville, Tallahassee, etc. But the Orange Bowl is as dead as it gets for a big time football school, day game or night game. That stadium is probably the worst i've ever been to in every way, and the fans are lame. The Hurricanes will likely roll over USF, but it won't have anything to do with the 'atmosphere' there, because there is none. Enough said.

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
kosar said:
You would be right if you were talking about Baton Rouge, Columbus, Ann Arbor, Knoxville, Gainesville, Tallahassee, etc. But the Orange Bowl is as dead as it gets for a big time football school, day game or night game. That stadium is probably the worst i've ever been to in every way, and the fans are lame. The Hurricanes will likely roll over USF, but it won't have anything to do with the 'atmosphere' there, because there is none. Enough said.
couldnt be anymore wrong, like Lee Corso and all the typical Hurricane Haters...the Orange Bowl is no Ben Griffin or Doak stadium, but it does get very crazy for big games...I was at the season opener against FSU lastyear, aswell as the Louisville thriller also, and that place was pretty damn loud...this town isvery fair-weathered, I will give you that, but to say that theOB doesnt get up for big games, shows you have a personal bias against either the program or city...

Miami is a pro town , fans are very bandwagon

OB is dead-lol go ask teams that come in there how dead it is, as kids in Miami HS's who love to play there

Lawrence said:
couldnt be anymore wrong, like Lee Corso and all the typical Hurricane Haters...the Orange Bowl is no Ben Griffin or Doak stadium, but it does get very crazy for big games...I was at the season opener against FSU lastyear, aswell as the Louisville thriller also, and that place was pretty damn loud...this town isvery fair-weathered, I will give you that, but to say that theOB doesnt get up for big games, shows you have a personal bias against either the program or city...

I don't have any 'personal bias' against Miami, the city or the team. I've lived in Fort Lauderdale and Fort Myers for 11 years and have gone to 9 or 10 games at the OB. Most of them would be considered 'big' games, including two FSU-Mia games, and also a few 'USF' type games. I'm sure that you and Chris have been there many more times than me, but I definitely have a big enough sample to form an opinion. It's in crappy part of town, there is no parking, the stadium itself should be torn down. Not nearly enough bathrooms. The most uncomfortable seats i've ever sat in. There is a good reason the Orange Bowl is no longer played at the Orange Bowl.

As far as the fans? It's nothing personal to any particular fan, but as a whole, they do not get into it. They get kind of loud once in a while during key plays in huge games. In mid-level games, there are often empty seats all over the place and it's mostly quiet as hell.

At any of the places I mention, they sell out 80,000 - 110,000 capacity stadiums even when they play D1-aa teams.

I do not like the Canes, but I do not like Florida, FSU or Michigan either and I can appreciate the great atmosphere at those teams games.

I fully understand how hard it is for teams to draw down here, with all the other options available, but let's not look at this through rose-colored glasses.

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
Kosar, fair enough...the stadium is not in the best part of town, and the bathrooms are not top of the line...my only real disagreement in what you said was that it doesnt get loud for the big games...grantes, against Temple or another girls school, it aint shit compared to some of the big name programs you mentioned...but occasionally for the big games be it inter-stae rivalry, or against a top 25 team, the place really does go crazy...but I do see your points...

Chris@Olympic said:
Miami is a pro town , fans are very bandwagon

OB is dead-lol go ask teams that come in there how dead it is, as kids in Miami HS's who love to play there

A pro town? The Marlins can't draw, ever, even in years like 1997 and 2003. The Heat had not drawn for years until Shaq came along. The Panthers? Enough said. The Dolphins consistently draw, although it seems like they're sweating the blackout every week. If that makes Miami a 'pro town,' then i'd hate to see the enthusiasm for the college teams. Oh, that's what we're talking about.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
There are so many factors here more important than the Orange bowl. College kids are still highly emotional, if they are not flat after that home win, they never will be. The element of surprise works once. They sure surprised Louisville, they had Cardinal for dinner. But Canes now look at those films, and say, we saw that. Difference of style. Cardinals are high flying, high scoring high risk. Big play. S. Fla was up to the task of stopping those big plays. Canes never even attempt big plays. They will try to run these lesser FLA linemen over. That may be possible in the battle of big boy of FLA vs. little guy. I think if Miami O line leans on that undersized front D line, it could move them most of the game. But, if the Orange bowl is a factor or not, the game not be played in S. Fla is huge. Last year same Louisville squad crushed them in Louisville. 41-9. They play way better at home. I had S. FLA vs. Penn St and this week vs. Louisville. The upset was the worst thing that could happen to their value. They could have lost, played close and covered, but now they are in full view, and the number on them has been adjusted. Nice dog with returning starters both sides, especially defense. It is hard to say no to a defensive dog, but this spot has too many stop signs for me.

Lawrence said:
my only real disagreement in what you said was that it doesnt get loud for the big games...grantes, against Temple or another girls school, it aint shit

I guess 'loud' is a perception and we see/hear it differently for the big games. But USF is nowhere near a big game and that kind of brings it back to Chris' incorrect comment of how crazy it's gonna be for that USF game. It will be dead. Like almost always.