Cancel culture

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
You're on record, Birdie.

I promise to watch MLB games from start to finish when the game returns in late July.

The White Sox are practicing today at Guaranteed Rate Field.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
MLB Opening Day is set for Thursday, July 23.

Teams will play 60 games over 66 days.

The postseason is scheduled to begin on Tuesday, September 29.

Sleepy

EOG Master
Where can we bet that college football is canceled?

The touts are already counting down to start day.

I see a lot of pain and disappointment in the future for them.

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated
I am surprised that players are not playing with face shields. I thought for sure we would see them for NBA and MLB. There are face shields in NHL. Wonder if they can develop a face sheild for NFL helmets.

kane

EOG master
Has nothing to do with culture and everything to do with individual sports vs team sports, much easier for individual sports to play during these times

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I am surprised that players are not playing with face shields. I thought for sure we would see them for NBA and MLB. There are face shields in NHL. Wonder if they can develop a face sheild for NFL helmets.
Some players have played with shields in the NFL.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
MLB Opening Day is set for Thursday, July 23.

Teams will play 60 games over 66 days.

The postseason is scheduled to begin on Tuesday, September 29.

The World Series is set to begin on October 20.

A potential Game 7 would be played on October 28.

MrTop

EOG Master
No WS, no football college or pro, if the NBA gets through their season it would be a minor miracle, the virus wins, we all lose

very true Kane, a side note i got 3/4 of credit on don best account still hanging... others probably have something there too.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Do you think Canada wants a bunch of positive hockey players? The last I saw, the hockey was going to be played in Toronto and Edmonton.
I assume the positive ones will stay home(or somewhere) while they recover/isolate. While everyone who goes into the bubble will have tested negative, isn't that right?

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
We have to scrap the year even though we all are in desperate need of something. Its a task just to get a haircut, go out to eat, go inside a bank, doing things. I see something bad happening where half a team gets the virus after start up and then withdrawing then the league cancelling and other sports following suit. 2 weeks quarantine is too long. There is still too much uncertainty.

Cancel everything already.

Trouts wife is due in August, do you really think once his baby is born he will come back? Doubt it if he even decides to play...

mr merlin

EOG Master
We have to scrap the year even though we all are in desperate need of something. Its a task just to get a haircut, go out to eat, go inside a bank, doing things. I see something bad happening where half a team gets the virus after start up and then withdrawing then the league cancelling and other sports following suit. 2 weeks quarantine is too long. There is still too much uncertainty.

Cancel everything already.

Trouts wife is due in August, do you really think once his baby is born he will come back? Doubt it if he even decides to play...
kids dont get it, or should we say they dont get sick.