atkins
weiters
reimold
tejada
roberts
pie

omg

Re: Cant believe you can get the Os 170+ to 1 to win the WS

Adam Jones is going to be scary good, got him in fantasy and in the show on playstation

mofome

Banned

its amazing. giving away funds.

tripp

EOG Master

Im the osman in fantasy this year.

Got Wieters and A Jones for keepers.

Team should finally get out of the basement this year. They are better than the Jays

Lets see if they make the playoffs let's say they are 10-1 to win the WS. So do we believe the O's have a better than 1 in 17 chance of making the playoffs? In that division that price sounds about right. Probably not a lot of value, but for shits and giggles nothing wrong with a small wager.

mofome

Banned

50 to win 8700 or so.

Fun bet, worth it as a fan of the team. They have plenty of young talent and could possibly fight for a spot in another division, but they wont likely finish within 6-7 games of .500

Plus you damn well know most anyone who makes this bet is going to seriously hedge it out at some point. Since I don't like to hedge I rarely take flyers, but one thing I always suggest is NOT doing this on your favorite team. You'll already get enough value out of them winning, why give yourself another reason to hate them when they fail like always?

mofome

Banned

Yeah but its just a fun bet, not an investment thats going to cost me much.

Im excited about the os and the upside they have. It wont be realized this year, but soon enough. Even then, the competition can outspend our superior scouting and player development.

I am not doing this as an investment, just a lottery ticket.

Seriously Mo, just bet on some other random long shot. Take a flyer on the Royals or the Indians figuring that division is there for the taking anyways. Then you have 2 teams to root for. That's my theory on these things because if the O's win it all it the money won't even seem like much compared to just the joy of winning. My uncle is a lifelong Rams fan and he won 10 dimes on them at 100-1 when the won the SB, but he seriously admitted the money was spent and almost forgotten long before the glow of being the champs wore off. Now if you won that and you weren't a Rams fan, it would almost be as sweet.

Integrity

EOG Master

that's a sick price

watch them be the 2003 marlins

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Mo, you have to make the EOG community a promise. If the O's DONT win, you can't go on some rant blaming the Yankees. You know the score in advance, its not like they're going to change the 'rules of the game' after you made your bet...you knew in advance what you are getting into. Don't blame the Yanks.