Cardinals & Air Raid Offense.....

Heim

EOG Master
If this was the next big thing it would have already succeeded in NFL. Horrible offense for short yardage & goal line situations.

Plus in the pros you have 4.5 guys guarding 4.5 guys unlike college. This is going to be a bigger flop than D'Antoni during
his PHO run and gun days.....at least they made the playoffs.

P.S. I'm curious to see how USC adopts to their version this season.

Last edited:

railbird

EOG Master
If this was the next big thing it would have already succeeded in NFL. Horrible offense for short yardage & goal line situations.

Plus in the pros you have 4.5 guys guarding 4.5 guys unlike college. This is going to be a bigger flop than D'Antoni during
his PHO run and gun days.....at least they made the playoffs.

P.S. I'm curious to see how USC adopts to their version this season.
Patriots use many air raid concepts, it works. Kingsbury is overrated, not the scheme

Heim

EOG Master
Patriots use many air raid concepts, it works. Kingsbury is overrated, not the scheme

If he had the formula he would have been a hot commodity years ago. Heads are going to roll when this inevitably flops. They'll be
fun to watch but set the franchise back many years with this experiment.

Plus let's not forget the toll it takes on your defense with a high pace team offense......snap stats show defenses play a extra game re additional
time on the field.

Last edited:
You don't win in the NFL with schemes, you win with talent. The Cards are far behind in that. The only thing coaching schemes can do is lose you games when you aren't aggressive enough, just ask any Jags or Giants fan.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Cardinals already had a QB in Rosen. You give that guy time. You surround him with an oline. You develop and bring in talent.

I dont get why they made the moves they did. They put all their eggs into one basket when you know it's hard to play QB in the NFL if you're somebody like Murray.

Reactions: E$

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Have people gone nuts? Does anybody in charge have any brain power to say it's not worth the risk. Drafting somebody who can just leave just like that and play another sport which is baseball. .

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
Have people gone nuts? Does anybody in charge have any brain power to say it's not worth the risk. Drafting somebody who can just leave just like that and play another sport which is baseball. .

There is language in the contract that says he can't leave for baseball. Let's be educated before you post dumb shit.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
Murray had success in college cause on 3rd and longs he always had 5-10 secs to operate. And if still nothing open, he could just run for it

In the NFL even D-lineman can get him.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Agree with Birdie. Air Raid works and is all over the NFL now. Pats, Rams, Chiefs, Eagles, Browns, Bears, and others use it in varying degrees. Murray will be fine, and be great in the future when he gets the talent around him to more take advantage of his talent. He'll win some games this year he should have no business winning, just because of his talent.
I agree Ariz should have stuck with Rosen, because I think he's also damn good, could have thrived in the air raid as well, and that was the value play. But Murray and the air raid will succeed there in time.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
There is language in the contract that says he can't leave for baseball. Let's be educated before you post dumb shit.

Oakland Athletics and him also had a contract... Murray can do whatever he wants. This is what you guys dont get. A few too many hits will alter his mindset in this sport of football.

If he ever does say the heck with the NFL, money is still there for the taken and he will play for the Oakland Atheltics.

Last edited:

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I ask the question why wouldn't he want to choose to leave when he is running around for his life game in and game out being put in a position to make quick decisions on the fly something he sucks at.

Cardinals already had a QB in Rosen. You give that guy time. You surround him with an oline. You develop and bring in talent.

I dont get why they made the moves they did. They put all their eggs into one basket when you know it's hard to play QB in the NFL if you're somebody like Murray.

Don't be surprised if Rosen has as short of a career as Leinart. Multiple reports this week that Rosen is already alienating his new teammates and coaching staff in Miami.

Oakland Athletics and him also had a contract... Murray can do whatever he wants. This is what you guys dont get. A few too many hits will alter his mindset in this sport of football.

If he ever does say the heck with the NFL, money is still there for the taken and he will play for the Oakland Atheltics.

Football is Murrays passion and favorite sport. Murray has also been flying chartered flights and staying in 5 star hotels since his freshman year of college. You think he'd give all of that up for years of riding buses and the shit hotels of the minor leagues?

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
No I dont think he would want to give it up but when you cant get out of bed Monday morning you might think twice. It just won't end well. LBs have too much speed today. Speed is all around. He isnt Russel Wilson so people need to stop with those comparisons. Wilson has a legit arm. Top notch

kane

EOG master
Football is Murrays passion and favorite sport. Murray has also been flying chartered flights and staying in 5 star hotels since his freshman year of college. You think he'd give all of that up for years of riding buses and the shit hotels of the minor leagues?

This

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
His post game comments give a piece of his mindset. Seems to believe he will be able turn it on once the full offense is in.

This is going to end badly.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
No I dont think he would want to give it up but when you cant get out of bed Monday morning you might think twice. It just won't end well. LBs have too much speed today. Speed is all around. He isnt Russel Wilson so people need to stop with those comparisons. Wilson has a legit arm. Top notch
This is not a knock on Wilson, who I think is a fantastic QB and a Hall of Famer with a strong arm, but I'd bet Murray has a stronger arm. Murray is in the next level below Mahomes, Josh Allen, Aaron, and Stafford. He has a gun. And Kyler is likely the first QB since Vick that is likely the fastest player on the field in most games he'll play.

Heim

EOG Master
"And Kyler is likely the first QB since Vick that is likely the fastest player on the field in most games he'll play."

Let's not forget 'Action' Jackson in BAL....

Like Quote Reply

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
Texas Tech coaches have fond memories of a CFB game against Minnesota back in '06. Golphers were leading 38-7 at half. The Tech coach was grasping for straws and went to an all Air Raid offense in 2nd half. The offense line is spread out and less time is spent in a huddle so the defensive captains didn't have time to make switches or other planning and the pass rushers are farther away from the QB. Tech won the game with 44 points. Most of them in 2nd half.

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
This is not a knock on Wilson, who I think is a fantastic QB and a Hall of Famer with a strong arm, but I'd bet Murray has a stronger arm. Murray is in the next level below Mahomes, Josh Allen, Aaron, and Stafford. He has a gun. And Kyler is likely the first QB since Vick that is likely the fastest player on the field in most games he'll play.
Kyler hasn't put up good stats so far in preseason.

Valuist

EOG Master
If he had the formula he would have been a hot commodity years ago. Heads are going to roll when this inevitably flops. They'll be
fun to watch but set the franchise back many years with this experiment.

Plus let's not forget the toll it takes on your defense with a high pace team offense......snap stats show defenses play a extra game re additional
time on the field.

The Chip Kelly Eagles teams found that out.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
I remember Jim Hart (same one) as the AD at Southern Illinois back in the early and mid 90's. Best basketball teams since Walt Frazier was there.