cassiusclay's 2011-2012 NCAA football thread

pvcpipe

EOG Master
Re: cassiusclay's 2011-2012 NCAA football thread

Every year I buy into Tex A&M as a team that could steal the Big12, and every year they fuck me in the ass without even buying me a value meal.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

my yearly reminder:

I keep a notebook from year to year and reference it quite a bit, consolidate it over time. The number 1 most important factor in sports gambling, in my opinion, is learning from your mistakes and maturing as a sports gambler. You "mature" in a couple of different ways, the most important is to not make the same mistakes you made in prior years.

Tip #1: college football starts out of conference for the first part of the season which throws most gamblers for a loop. all your handicapping, stats, etc. becomes less valuable. You almost have to have a "bowl game" mentality when starting off the season and then switch to your normal handicapping style. i can't tell you how many times i have heard posters/gamblers brag about a game in the beginning of the season as a "lopsided match-up" only to have the underdog win outright or the 30 point favorite cover easily.

Tip #2: keep your wager unit size consistent through the season. The past two years i have turned a nice profit in college football by keeping my wagers the same size through the season. i am not a big believer in 2 star, 3 star etc. plays. Increasing wager sizes as your bank roll increases makes sense to me and keeps a losing streak at a minimum. Also, at no point try and double or triple up on a game to recoup losses, it's a long season with plenty of opportunities to win.

Tip #3: money management is the key, 10-15% of your bankroll is all i will wager in any given week, win or lose. if you are looking to make it the entire season this is key. Each week starts off a new "bankroll" whether up or down consistency will help you make it through the season. If your bankroll increases so will your wagers and vice versa.

Ever wonder why most locals have Monday as the last day of the week? If you are having a bad week just let the week end and start the following back at square one. Why over extend yourself with only one game (mnf) to choose from when the following week there are so many good spots to put yourself in.

Tip #4: keep record of all sports individually. Over time you might notice you are better at ncaaf than nfl or mlb, why not make money where your skills lay? Adjust your bankroll accordingly to each sport.

Tip #5: get the best number you can and buy 1/2's off of prime #'s. most will disagree with this but i have won my fair share of games by buying the half point and watching a game end on 3 or 7. imo it's much more important in nfl but still has paid dividends in college.

pvcpipe

EOG Master

Good stuff, CC. I do disagree with #5 in cfb, though. Plus, if I'm getting the best number, it's pretty rare I'm going to have to buy a HP. This is a generalization, but I do make exceptions for low total games.

pvcpipe

EOG Master

i remember last year, Utah/Pitt game (to open the season that Thursday nite) fell on the number (3). I was pissed.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Love tip #1, cc.

Early-season, non-conference CFB games are a lot like bowl games. Excellent analogy.

Class handicapping is a big factor in CFB.

Some teams struggle against quality competition, but bully weaker foes.

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

In again. Let's cash it. Thanks for the win last night.

choslamshe

EOG Master

GL tonight Hulk..i think i may join that play here shortly, althought at 4 @ SIA. Can US play at SIA? i noticed a number of shops offering Michigan St at -33.5 to -34, and of course inflated SIA offering -35.5, so a hedge with a key number in there....

anyway gl...

cassiusclay

EOG Master

[TABLE="class: ticket1"]
<TBODY>

[TD="class: tck1"]Selection 1:[/TD]
[TD="class: tck2"]NCAA, Football[/TD]

[TD="class: tck2"]Akron 3-September-2011 9:00 AM PST[/TD]

[TD="class: tck2"]Handicap +31.5 for Game -103[/TD]

[TD="class: tck4"][/TD]

[TD="colspan: 3"] [/TD]

[TD="class: tck1"]Selection 2:[/TD]

[TD="class: tck2"]UCLA 3-September-2011 12:30 PM PST[/TD]

[TD="class: tck2"]Handicap +3 for Game -114[/TD]

[TD="class: tck1"]Selection 3:[/TD]

[TD="class: tck2"]Western Michigan 3-September-2011 12:30 PM PST[/TD]

[TD="class: tck2"]Handicap +13.5 for Game -103[/TD]

[TD="class: tck1"]Selection 4:[/TD]

[TD="class: tck2"]Ball State 3-September-2011 4:00 PM PST[/TD]

[TD="class: tck2"]Handicap +5.5 for Game -108[/TD]

[TD="class: tck1"]Selection 5:[/TD]

[TD="class: tck2"]New Mexico State 3-September-2011 5:00 PM PST[/TD]

[TD="class: tck2"]Handicap +6.5 for Game -105[/TD]

[TD="class: tck1"]Selection 6:[/TD]

[TD="class: tck2"]LSU 3-September-2011 5:00 PM PST[/TD]

[TD="class: tck2"]Handicap +3.5 for Game -110[/TD]

[TD="class: tck1"]Selection 7:[/TD]

[TD="class: tck2"]Louisiana Tech 3-September-2011 7:00 PM PST[/TD]

[TD="class: tck2"]Handicap +12 for Game -105[/TD]

[TD="class: tck1"]Selection 8:[/TD]

[TD="class: tck2"]Arkansas State 3-September-2011 12:30 PM PST[/TD]

[TD="class: tck2"]Handicap +19.5 for Game -105[/TD]

[TD="class: tck1"]Selection 9:[/TD]

[TD="class: tck2"]Troy 3-September-2011 12:30 PM PST[/TD]

[TD="class: tck2"]Handicap +14.5 for Game -105[/TD]

</TBODY>[/TABLE]

Iona

EOG Dedicated

Thanks Clay for the sound advise and plays. I hope to kill them this year; I will be riding your coattails. 12io4j2w90

voxbobby

EOG Veteran

Good luck today Clay!!!
And nice call on Baylor last night - I didn't have the guts to pull the trigger...lol
But more importantly... I watched and learned!!!

91023i2ndw;l

diogee

phew almost missed that one :LMAO

Let's crush the rest of them cassius.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

di, bernie, vox, bricker, mic, professor, iona, slammer, cheaper, pvc & JK, let's have a great pro and college season.

this forum down here will be a rockin!

12io4j2w90

slyone66

EOG Master

my yearly reminder:

I keep a notebook from year to year and reference it quite a bit, consolidate it over time. The number 1 most important factor in sports gambling, in my opinion, is learning from your mistakes and maturing as a sports gambler. You "mature" in a couple of different ways, the most important is to not make the same mistakes you made in prior years.

Tip #1: college football starts out of conference for the first part of the season which throws most gamblers for a loop. all your handicapping, stats, etc. becomes less valuable. You almost have to have a "bowl game" mentality when starting off the season and then switch to your normal handicapping style. i can't tell you how many times i have heard posters/gamblers brag about a game in the beginning of the season as a "lopsided match-up" only to have the underdog win outright or the 30 point favorite cover easily.

Tip #2: keep your wager unit size consistent through the season. The past two years i have turned a nice profit in college football by keeping my wagers the same size through the season. i am not a big believer in 2 star, 3 star etc. plays. Increasing wager sizes as your bank roll increases makes sense to me and keeps a losing streak at a minimum. Also, at no point try and double or triple up on a game to recoup losses, it's a long season with plenty of opportunities to win.

Tip #3: money management is the key, 10-15% of your bankroll is all i will wager in any given week, win or lose. if you are looking to make it the entire season this is key. Each week starts off a new "bankroll" whether up or down consistency will help you make it through the season. If your bankroll increases so will your wagers and vice versa.

Ever wonder why most locals have Monday as the last day of the week? If you are having a bad week just let the week end and start the following back at square one. Why over extend yourself with only one game (mnf) to choose from when the following week there are so many good spots to put yourself in.

Tip #4: keep record of all sports individually. Over time you might notice you are better at ncaaf than nfl or mlb, why not make money where your skills lay? Adjust your bankroll accordingly to each sport.

Tip #5: get the best number you can and buy 1/2's off of prime #'s. most will disagree with this but i have won my fair share of games by buying the half point and watching a game end on 3 or 7. imo it's much more important in nfl but still has paid dividends in college.
Great tips to keep in mind, especially the money management. thanks CC hope you have a great season

voxbobby

EOG Veteran

Count me in Clay 91023i2ndw;l

Let's CRU$H THE BOOK$ EOG style!

:whip:

VOX / Grovillian

cassiusclay

EOG Master

19. Cincy +5 1/2
16. Kansas +6 1/2
5. c mich +12 1/2
24. e car +19 1/2
42. rice +1 1/2
49. Fresno +27 1/2
65. Utah +9 1/2

7 ugly leroys plays

cassiusclay

EOG Master

19. Cincy +4
16. Kansas +4 1/2
5. c mich +10
24. e car +17
42. rice +2
49. Fresno +29
65. Utah +8 1/2

updated the numbers

AA good luck my good man with the season and the contest!

:cheers

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

good luck cc. saw other eog posters in the contest: buskie, fishead, osu cowboy(i think).
i'm rooting for you guys. would be good PR for EOg if one ours win the damn thing.

diogee

Up 7 with 5 minutes to go and Kentucky goes for it on 4th and goal to give us the loss. :finger004

Iona

EOG Dedicated

CC, If you do well today, I will as well; I will leave it at that. Thanks so much for posting your plays, I am grateful.

BOL in the contest. It's funny, you and T-3 are two that I respect very much and you get paired in the first round. Tuck should have known better.