Celtics Laying Points...

Heim

EOG Master
4-27 when favored by 8+...not sure if they play to the level of the competition (tonight), slow paced games (lower 3rd)...they just don't create margin to make bettors comfortable.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Could it be Brad Stevens?

If I were an NBA coach, I'd win at home by marrow margins and ask my team to save their best efforts for winnable road games.

Heim

EOG Master
Could it be Brad Stevens?

If I were an NBA coach, I'd win at home by marrow margins and ask my team to save their best efforts for winnable road games.

It makes sense but maybe more to it than that. It's early and I love Brad Stevens, but how does the coach everyone loves for his X's and O's acumen have a team with that much talent rank 24th in OEff and Luke Walton, whose schemes get ridiculed, have his team (with Bron + guys everyone says don't fit) ranked 11th?

MrTop

EOG Master
good eye, but the odds makers keep an eye on that kind of stuff. It will be good bet until that trend gets out of hand. That is the coaching for sure. Saving his players for playoff time too.

kane

EOG master
For whatever reason the Celtics are struggling on offense, some of it is Irving missing time last year and of course Hayward slowly getting back into form, their defense has been carrying them, I'm sure at some point they'll figure it out. Last season they were 18th in offensive efficiency but 1st in defensive efficiency, so Stevens is a coach who stresses defense. Jaylen Brown is shooting 38% from the field, Hayward 40%, Horford 44%, Tatum 39%, Rozier 35%. I have to think those numbers will improve as the season goes on, but unlike the majority of teams who try to outscore the opposition, the Celtics are still playing an old school type of game where defense wins games, and they're one of the best defensive teams again this year, they'll be fine, they have too much talent to have a mediocre record all season.