CFP Final Four is set

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I needed Texas yesterday.

OU should get smoked against Alabama.

We may have seen the national title game in Atlanta yesterday.

kane

EOG master
Oklahoma defense doesn't deserve any shot at NC....

Oklahoma was ranked ahead of OSU before yesterday's games, the outcomes of those games wouldn't move OSU ahead of them, the committee really had no choice but to take Oklahoma, and I don't want to hear the UGA argument either.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Oklahoma was ranked ahead of OSU before yesterday's games, the outcomes of those games wouldn't move OSU ahead of them, the committee really had no choice but to take Oklahoma, and I don't want to hear the UGA argument either.

With Oklahoma, it's about achievement, not performance.

They won the Big 12 and avenged the only loss on their 12-1 slate.

No bad losses.

Heim

EOG Master
Tua had ankle surgery this morning....Saban says recovery timetable two weeks....line move might tell the real story.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Bama's quarterback issues may not matter against defensively-weak Oklahoma.

Clemson's a different story.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Bama's quarterback issues may not matter against defensively-weak Oklahoma.

Clemson's a different story.
Bama doesn’t see offenses like this in the SEC either. Now the problem OU will have is keeping their D off the field, either by scoring on long plays, or 3 and outs.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
A 24-point difference in the over/under of the CFP semifinal games.

A total of 79.5 for Oklahoma-Alabama and 55.5 for Notre Dame-Clemson.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Bama should be happy they drew OU. If they win, the prep for Clemson/ND will be more conventional. This game is 5 play drives vs 5 minute drives. I could see the 1H over hitting, but no one adjusts better than Bama.

38-33 Bama.

kane

EOG master
I think there will be a lot of points in this game, Murray is the exact type of QB that gives Saban fits, mobile and very athletic (think Manziel and Watson), and even though Saban has a ton of prepare time, I don't think the Oklahoma offense can be stopped, and the O/U for Bama punts should be 1.5, they'll score at will against that terrible Sooner defense, I think Bama wins something like 52-35. Of course it's very early, and I reserve the right to change my opinion, but if the game was this week I think the Over is a strong play. One thing that helps the Under is they're playing in Hard Rock Stadium which has a grass field, as opposed to playing on turf.

Heim

EOG Master
I know this has come up before but I see now that this thing needs to be expanded to 8 or 16 teams. Teams like UCF need the opportunity to have their one shining moment too. The committee is missing out on Loyola-Chi, VCU and George Mason like buzz by keeping it this way.

kane

EOG master
I know this has come up before but I see now that this thing needs to be expanded to 8 or 16 teams. Teams like UCF need the opportunity to have their one shining moment too. The committee is missing out on Loyola-Chi, VCU and George Mason like buzz by keeping it this way.

I agree with you regarding expanding the playoffs, but I would go 8, 16 teams is too many