CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: WVU v BUSKIE (Picks Inside)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Re: CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: WVU v BUSKIE

Buskie donating his winnings to charity (first-round losers ComptrBob and Alan Dinkenson also made the pledge) is the story of the tournament.

WVU relying almost solely on the Pinnacle lean is another interesting component of the event.

The 2nd Annual $10,000 EOG Invitational is set to begin September 14, 2012.

WVU

EOG Master

tough card this week. 5-2 takes it

Tuckman

Uh Poster

need some live commentary tonight

pregame intel

:lock:

I'm on Boise -13.5 rather large for me, I will give you updates closer to game time, cold and possibly windy could help out the under a bit. Pops was telling me up to 40mph winds, cold shouldn't be much a factor outside of me freezing my ass off :shoot:

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

Buskie donating his winnings to charity (first-round losers ComptrBob and Alan Dinkenson also made the pledge) is the story of the tournament.

Some of those East coast contest guys half sick and groggy being alert enough to talk that late might be Co-story of the Tourny...

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Some of those East coast contest guys half sick and groggy being alert enough to talk that late might be Co-story of the Tourny...

We need a new time slot for the event in 2012.

Thanks to all those who stayed up past the midnight hour for the live show.

GreatDane

EOG Member

We need a new time slot for the event in 2012.

Thanks to all those who stayed up past the midnight hour for the live show.

What about those who stayed up past midnight to listen to the show?

munson15

I want winners...

Great performance by both contestants getting this far. Congrats and may the best man win. I'm rooting for Buskie but am intrigued by 'advantage gambler' WVU's style of selecting games. Since I can't cap for shit, I respect the hell out of Buskie's talent. Seems to me Buskie has a skill you can't teach, like speed, but WVU has a way of winning that can be acquired with some time and knowledge. Will be watching closely. :thumbsup

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Buskie is by far the sharpest guy that posts at this site, fwiw.

:lock:

I beg to differ. Buskie is sharp no doubt, would prefer not to take his action if I were a book. But there are sharper.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Some small factoids: Contest best bets W/L is 18-9-1, 66.7%.

Record up until finals:

WVU is 13-7-1, Buskie is 12-8-1.
WVU's opponents 12-8-1, Buskie's opponents 7-14-0
FWIW, WVU cumulative ATS margins: +36.5, Buskie cumulative ATS margins: -19.0

Thank you CB for the stats. ATS margins (what I always referred to as mean error) is one of my quick and dirty ways at analyzing/back-testing models. Something that doesn't get talked about much on the boards.

J

joeybagadonuts

Tim, is there anyone who actively posts on the forum you think is sharper than buskie?

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

LOL @ Cochran

Someone watched the last season of Survivor. :finger004

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Tim, is there anyone who actively posts on the forum you think is sharper than buskie?

Buffettgambler, Pancho Sanza, Reagan are 3 who post plays that come to mind. There are others who don't post plays (like ComptrBob) who I would consider sharper. Then there are those who I know firsthand are extremely successful gamblers as in they win > 6 figures every year, but I wouldn't want to post those names without their consent. In terms of feel handicapping, sure he might be the best, but that's such a small part of being a successful sports bettor.

Buskie

EOG Veteran

Buffettgambler, Pancho Sanza, Reagan are 3 who post plays that come to mind. There are others who don't post plays (like ComptrBob) who I would consider sharper. Then there are those who I know firsthand are extremely successful gamblers as in they win > 6 figures every year, but I wouldn't want to post those names without their consent. In terms of feel handicapping, sure he might be the best, but that's such a small part of being a successful sports bettor.

For one I think the whole who is "sharp" talk is pretty dumb. As far as me being a feel handicapper that is 100% false, I do factor in emotion but I also make a 100% math line. Timmy you and I have never talked so I doubt you know much about me, I will tell you from experience that at 21 you don't know shit on what makes someone "sharp" or how to invest money for a living, trust me in ten years when you look back at life you will understand.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

I don't see what my age has to do with judging successful sports bettors (or anything else for that matter, it seems to be a crutch when people don't want to argue on the facts or logic). Regardless, I've never seen you talk about how you develop your models so I would have no idea how sharp you are. I would love to talk about these off the board like I do with many other guys. In any event, it's absurd to call someone the sharpest "by far" with these other names floating around.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

I'm sharp enough to not waste my time arguing about who's sharpest. :btj:

I'll take the WVU -112 line...never did get paid from the last time I bet him though. Kinger, were you the one booking that action? :+clueless

:pop:

Buskie

EOG Veteran

Your age has a lot do with it, what do you know about investing money ? I highly doubt you much experience in that area when you're actually putting money and I mean real money in the middle all the time. I don't mean this too be smart you seem like a pretty smart kid but don't get ahead yourself your still a kid

Buskie

EOG Veteran

I'm sharp enough to not waste my time arguing about who's sharpest. :btj:

I'll take the WVU -112 line...never did get paid from the last time I bet him though. Kinger, were you the one booking that action? :+clueless

:pop:

I will book that one pm me ur amount

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

I know more about investing money than most people who are older than me, but we can save that for another day. This isn't the thread to get into a pissing contest. Good luck Buskie.

Buskie

EOG Veteran

Nah Don't take it like that, all i'am saying is no matter how bright you're in ten years you will look back on things and realize some things. The smartest people never stop learning and don't talk much. I didn't mean anything negative towards you

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

I will book that one pm me ur amount

Thanks but no thanks. I've been like 4-0 in these matchups but haven't made a dime off my predictions...no reason to actually get money down on one now and watch you pull an upset. :cheers

Buskie

EOG Veteran

Thanks but no thanks. I've been like 4-0 in these matchups but haven't made a dime off my predictions...no reason to actually get money down on one now and watch you pull an upset. :cheers[/QUOTE

Upset ? Your a funny dude

What makes you think this would be an upset W2W? You using try 3's line?

WVU

EOG Master

Set a line buskie

WVU

EOG Master

WVU-110
Buskie-106

Looks fair to me

munson15

I want winners...

Nobody asked, but from what I've observed (more than just this contest), I make it Buskie-115, WVU +105.:cheers

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

With CRIS lines, Buskie is the favorite. Not with Pinny

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Buskie has eliminated the lines maker at the second biggest book available to Americans till recently (who everyone called the fav to win this with his info and line making knowledge) then eliminated quite possibly the sharpest mind to ever post on Eog since the beginning and your still making him an underog?

Who wants to give me Buskie + money?

WVU

EOG Master

Buskies opponents didn't do so well tuck

WVU

EOG Master

This is a contest. Contest strategy is much more important than trying to pick winners, tuck.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Give us some more of those classic explanations, WVU. :cheers

Best of luck tomorrow, fellas.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

This is a contest. Contest strategy is much more important than trying to pick winners, tuck.

I will take even money then, buskie clearly got lucky getting thru because his opponent just did bad. You would be nuts not to take up this offer