Clayton Ker-Plunk...

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I'm UNDER 7.

Cannot win.

Head on a platter now.

Game tied at 3 after Rendon and Soto tied the game with solo shots off Kershaw in the eighth inning.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
My father knows very little about baseball but he knows Kershaw is washed up. When he heard Kershaw was in the game he said the Dodgers must not want to win this game.

Dad may be 83 but he is smarter than Dave Roberts

Heim

EOG Master
Roberts may be signed thru 2022 but guarantee his future is hanging on a thread tonight.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Dodgers up 2 to 1 in series. LOSE at home in final game of series.

Braves up 2 to 1 in series. LOSE at home in final game of series.

Heim

EOG Master
You bring in Jansen to mop up a 7-3 game is akin to saying 'Kenley opt out & find somewhere else to play next season'.

railbird

EOG Master
What was the live price on the Nats entering the eighth inning?
ger Status:WinWager Description:Los Angeles Dodgers VS Washington Nationals - Game - 2Way Line Washington Nationals +584Risk / To Win Amount:50.00 / 292.00 (USD) Accepted 10/9/2019 11:15 PM - ESTWon: 292.00Amount Paid: 292.00

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Not surprised as to St Louis and Washington coming back from 2-1 deficits, but moreso the way both transpired. 5 minutes into one elimination game it's amazing how and so quick things instantly came crashing down for Atlanta allowing 10 in the first. Consequently Roberts going to Kershaw once again and shitting the bed giving up 2 HR in as many pitches failing to learn his lesson. Howie's slam in the 10th just accelerated the unfolding drama and flipped momentum. Another 100 win team bites the dust. Should be an interesting NLDS that I believe has the potential to go the distance.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I will find it quite hilarious if TB gets by Houston.

Dish network was in contract disputes with fox and a lot of the sports networks. Talk about a ratings dive and their point proven.

Washington vs St. Louis is cringe worthy at that but TB getting past Houston? Wow. Entire west coast wont tune in.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Pedro Martinez and his crew went in hard on Kershaw but the ball Rendon hit almost hit the plate to me. It was so low. He just got him. You cant do anything about it.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
More luck than anything on that Rendon HR which ultimately started the shit show. If that Rendon ball dies before going fully out Dodgers advance. I'm totally amazed that he hit that out. No way did it sound like it was going out.

kane

EOG master
My father knows very little about baseball but he knows Kershaw is washed up. When he heard Kershaw was in the game he said the Dodgers must not want to win this game.

Dad may be 83 but he is smarter than Dave Roberts

Washed up is a bit harsh, he's certainly not the dominant pitcher he once was, but he's hardly washed up

kane

EOG master
You bring in Jansen to mop up a 7-3 game is akin to saying 'Kenley opt out & find somewhere else to play next season'.

I couldn't believe he left Kelly in to pitch to Kendrick with loaded bases, I couldn't believe he brought him in the inning before, but he pitched well, so Roberts thought he would use him for another inning, but honestly, if he's not going to Jansen in that spot, then why was he even warming up, granted Jansen has had some struggles this year, but I still trust him more than Kelly

kane

EOG master
Not surprised as to St Louis and Washington coming back from 2-1 deficits, but moreso the way both transpired. 5 minutes into one elimination game it's amazing how and so quick things instantly came crashing down for Atlanta allowing 10 in the first. Consequently Roberts going to Kershaw once again and shitting the bed giving up 2 HR in as many pitches failing to learn his lesson. Howie's slam in the 10th just accelerated the unfolding drama and flipped momentum. Another 100 win team bites the dust. Should be an interesting NLDS that I believe has the potential to go the distance.

ESPN showed a stat, in his career Kershaw has thrown almost 35,000 pitches, this was the first time he's ever allowed HR's on consecutive pitches

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
In the regular season, yes.

However...

Per @EliasSports: Clayton Kershaw has never allowed home runs on back-to-back pitches in the regular season. This is the second time he has done it in the postseason. The first: Oct. 6, 2017 against Ketel Marte and Jeff Mathis with the Diamondbacks.