Clayton Ker-Plunk...

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
Other than Kershaw, 2 great regular season players who had a reputation for choking in the playoffs were Barry Bonds & David Price.
But Bonds had a tremendous 2002 World Series- I would have voted for him as MVP despite being on losing team...and imo it wasn’t even close- and Price had a great series last year. The monkey is off their backs.
I like Kershaw, but wow, the divergence between regular season & post season is the biggest outlier I have ever seen, and I don’t think whoever is in 2nd place is even close.

I will find it quite hilarious if TB gets by Houston.

Dish network was in contract disputes with fox and a lot of the sports networks. Talk about a ratings dive and their point proven.

Washington vs St. Louis is cringe worthy at that but TB getting past Houston? Wow. Entire west coast wont tune in.

Playoff ratings are already in the shitter. There is little national audience for MLB playoffs, although Dodgers/Yanks/Sox get a few to tune in just to root against them. Otherwise who is playing makes very little difference other than having a larger local audience tune in.

Heim

EOG Master
Pedro made a good point about Kershaw starting the 8th. You can't have a guy like Bueller throwing 95-96 then have
a guy come in throwing 89-91. The baseball is going to look like a beach-ball. If you are going with less heat bring
a off-speed guy in like Sergio Romo where the contrast is extreme keeping them off balance.

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
ESPN showed a stat, in his career Kershaw has thrown almost 35,000 pitches, this was the first time he's ever allowed HR's on consecutive pitches

This was the 2nd time in the post season. He's never done it in the regular season.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Playoff ratings are already in the shitter. There is little national audience for MLB playoffs, although Dodgers/Yanks/Sox get a few to tune in just to root against them. Otherwise who is playing makes very little difference other than having a larger local audience tune in.
A big reason they are bad is they are on MLB, FS1, and TBS, and at odd times.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

They also suck because no one knows what channel the games are on

Are they on: ESPN, TBS, Fox, FS1 or MLBN

It varies so often that it takes 2-3 times before you find it. We know what network an NFL, NHL or NBA game will be on