Coach Menzies

Heim

EOG Master
Re: Coach Menzies

He should have stayed at NMST. It's a better program. He's never going to win in MW...

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Classic finger-pointer.

If UNLV loses, Menzies refers to the team as "THEY."

Heim

EOG Master

Classic finger-pointer.

If UNLV loses, Menzies refers to the team as "THEY."

You should go to the Orleans tomorrow for his coaches show & ask him why after every home loss he says they played hard but not smart. Whose fault is that? Moreover, team has a conditioning problem. Explains all missed fts & shots missed last 7 every game. Even NM HC Wear noticed that post-game.

railbird

EOG Master

You should go to the Orleans tomorrow for his coaches show & ask him why after every home loss he says they played hard but not smart. Whose fault is that? Moreover, team has a conditioning problem. Explains all missed fts & shots missed last 7 every game. Even NM HC Wear noticed that post-game.

you guys live in a shithole, your lucky to have a coach like Marvin, this isn't 1991 when vegas was palmsprings and you had Tark the Shark. Steve wynn and Harry Reid ruined Vegas, its glory days are over.

you guys live in a shithole, your lucky to have a coach like Marvin, this isn't 1991 when vegas was palmsprings and you had Tark the Shark. Steve wynn and Harry Reid ruined Vegas, its glory days are over.

The fan base and support is there. Once they get a competent AD they can return to being a power.

Heim

EOG Master

I wouldn't get to comfortable if I was Menzies. Pitino is itching to get back in. I give him one more year to get in Tourney. McCoy is/was best recruit he'll ever get & went nowhere.

railbird

EOG Master

linesmaker never adjusted to Nevada injury, you can see it from mars when they struggle with unlv yesterday

Heim

EOG Master

linesmaker never adjusted to Nevada injury, you can see it from mars when they struggle with unlv yesterday

If you're talking about Drew aren't they better with Martin at pg? It hurts their depth but hard to quantify.

Heim

EOG Master

Menzies had a top twenty HS recruit, top 10 JUCO forward & experienced pg transfer from MILW but did nothing yet too uppity to play in NIT or any other secondary tourney.

I like UNLV first half tomorrow and full game. The defense this year should be good and Riverside has very little offense.

Menzies going to fire up the guys, hopefully!

Heim

EOG Master
I like UNLV first half tomorrow and full game. The defense this year should be good and Riverside has very little offense.

Menzies going to fire up the guys, hopefully!

Only worry is Vegas can't shoot.... Don't know much about UCR but they did hang with Oregon St up there. GL

The pg Robotham is going to be their downfall.

If Menzies can find someone to take his spot (and play well) they will be 2nd-3rd in the conference (Bragg at New Mexico could be a threat when he becomes eligible in December). Menzies has such better athletes than all these other MW teams and he seems to be focused on defense which is how they are going to win.

Heim

EOG Master
The pg Robotham is going to be their downfall.

If Menzies can find someone to take his spot (and play well) they will be 2nd-3rd in the conference (Bragg at New Mexico could be a threat when he becomes eligible in December). Menzies has such better athletes than all these other MW teams and he seems to be focused on defense which is how they are going to win.

They don't have anyone with experience to run the point. When local kid Woodbury is ready to play it will take some pressure of him to hit 3s.

Very hard to back Coach Menzies tonight in the pit.

Efficiency numbers not on UNLV side plus New Mexico seems to now be playing zone and UNLV has had trouble with the 3 all year (the team is 93/320 29%). New Mexico shooting 36.7% from 3

Heim

EOG Master
I think Menzies might have saved his job with a win today but dumb plays last two minutes does them in. Blair fouling
a 3pt shooter for three shots only down 3 under 2 was the hammer. I still say it's Pitino.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Good riddance.

I gave San Diego State's shot selection today a "D" grade.

So how did UNLV lose?

I gave UNLV's shot selection an "F" grade.

Menzies is awful.

His teams play poorly and draw poorly.

Very few UNLV fans were in attendance today at the Thomas & Mack.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
It did not help Menzies or UNLV gate receipts when the Vegas Golden Knights grabbed all the headlines last season.

Last edited: