College World Series

I've done well in college baseball so far, I've just been very inconsistent about posting my plays. I'll try to keep up during the world series.

Here is who I am on in opening games:

Saturday:
FSU -175
Just not very likely that Stanford will upset FSU here.

Georgia +230
Everybody loves Miami, but a potent Georgia offense gives us excellent value here.

Sunday:
Rice -220
Price is a little steep, but this is acceptable in college baseball. Rice really should take care of Fresno St in relatively easy fashion.

LSU +155
LSU can beat anyone, and even though North Carolina is one tough opponent, I love the value with the dog here.

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran
Re: College World Series

'canes outscore Bulldogs in game one. Steal here is LSU as a dog-who made this line??? Dean Smith???

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

too all on FSU - keep pounding away on them and push this line even higher so i can get the Trees at even more than +155

You CAN'T spell "Choking in Omaha" w/o the words "Florida State" as we will see Saturday. Mike Martin vs Mark Marques is the BIGGEST MISMATCH IN CWS HISTORY! Martin's teams CHOKE in Omaha more than Greg Norman on the Back 9 w/a lead while Marques' teams come to Omaha and OVERachieve

Choke-Noles live up to their reputation and lose to the Trees

dukesnider

EOG Enthusiast

Hope to see you posting more now.. Where ya been?
with no disrespect to Reb,he tends to disappear when he has a bad night.His last post he was 0-9.
Everyone here respects his proven capping skills and there is no reason for him to think otherwise.Why not just acknowledge when he has a bad night and continue to post his picks on a regular basis....:cheers

with no disrespect to Reb,he tends to disappear when he has a bad night.His last post he was 0-9.
Everyone here respects his proven capping skills and there is no reason for him to think otherwise.Why not just acknowledge when he has a bad night and continue to post his picks on a regular basis....:cheers
0-9 huh? Could I do that if I tried? If I could, I could just bet the other sides.

You know I don't like to lose people money, Duke. When I go cold I disappear, as I don't want to influence anyone when I am off.

0-9, I can't even believe you reminded me of that. Reverse perfection.

Anyway, I will post my CWS picks in this thread as long as I win more than I lose. If I start losing, I might as well hold my tongue until football.

By the way, my astrologer, who is actually pretty accurate, says I should have one of my biggest football seasons of my life in 2008. I can hardly fucking wait.

Remember that guys. Football will be very profitable this year.

dukesnider

EOG Enthusiast

Hey Reb....You are definitely the man to follow during the football season and I don't need an astrologer to tell me that but WTF if it works for you I'm on board!!
I'm tempted to only:party bet your picks this fall....

munson15

I want winners...

too all on FSU - keep pounding away on them and push this line even higher so i can get the Trees at even more than +155

You CAN'T spell "Choking in Omaha" w/o the words "Florida State" as we will see Saturday. Mike Martin vs Mark Marques is the BIGGEST MISMATCH IN CWS HISTORY! Martin's teams CHOKE in Omaha more than Greg Norman on the Back 9 w/a lead while Marques' teams come to Omaha and OVERachieve

Choke-Noles live up to their reputation and lose to the Trees
When are you going to learn that it's not nice to invade another man's thread and tell him how wrong he is? Before, during or after the event, it's not a good thing to do. Go FSU, and GL, Reb.

When are you going to learn that it's not nice to invade another man's thread and tell him how wrong he is? Before, during or after the event, it's not a good thing to do. Go FSU, and GL, Reb.

Thank -you

Go Reb do what you need to do:cheers

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

when he is dead wrong as i knew he was.........i came in here to let people know playing FSU would be a bad play and it was. if i saved 1 person from playing FSU i consider my post to be warranted and not an invasion at all

i diddn't say anything about any other picks......just the one i KNEW would end up opposite of what NY said

Man, I would not want to be FSU SS Delmonico tonight. That was definitely the worst display of shortstopping I have ever seen in the CWS, and I hate to tell you how many years that goes back.

I don't mind Winky coming in my thread to say he likes the other side. I do mind when he is rude and insulting, or when he rubs it in that a play could have been had at a better price earlier, as though we should all have our own personal time machine.

In this game, Winky was dead on. Stanford was a great play and FSU was definitely the wrong side.

In the 7th inning Georgia and Miami are tied at 3. If Georgia can pull this one out, we will end up with a profit for the day even after losing with FSU. For anyone who wonders what I mean by that, FSU was -175 and Georgia is +230. At any rate, this one is far from over.

Line on LSU has gone down since we first posted. Glad we got them when we did.

You know I am above all things an optimist, but even after losing the FSU game I still feel we can go 3-1 for the weekend for a nice profit.

Check with you later. I will definitely be here through the CWS, win or lose.

mariah

EOG Dedicated

Reb : That is normal for Delmonico, he led the entire team with 23+ errors.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Man, I would not want to be FSU SS Delmonico tonight. That was definitely the worst display of shortstopping I have ever seen in the CWS, and I hate to tell you how many years that goes back.

I don't mind Winky coming in my thread to say he likes the other side. I do mind when he is rude and insulting, or when he rubs it in that a play could have been had at a better price earlier, as though we should all have our own personal time machine.

In this game, Winky was dead on. Stanford was a great play and FSU was definitely the wrong side.

and as you know - i was NOT rude or insulting i just said i liked the other side because i have seen the CHOKE-NOLES do exactly what they did Saturday for the last umpteeh years. As for Delmonico - we all know he NEVER should have made that error in T9 because that ball never should have been hit to him - the same batter his a ball a few pitches earlier that bounced OVER the base and landed ON THE CHALK but was called FOUL. If that ball had been called foul and then the Trees hit into a DP the Trees woulda been major league "F'd". Nice comeback by UGA to win but once again the Canes blew this one - w/o that dropped 3rd strike odds are the Canes win - but it didn't happen so congrats NY for the VERY NICE sized Puppy

Sunday Rice is the only way to play the game but i can't lay that wood - pass. LSU at this price is the only way to play the game but LSU has no business being here - Irvine had them DEAD but let them off the hook. I can only play LSU because UNC at this price is laughable - but something tells me NOT to play LSU even though they are the ONLY side to bet at this price

Trees beat UGA Monday - but what kind of wood will we be forced to lay? I was actually hoping the Canes would win so I could get the Trees as a dog North of +150 but now I think the Trees come about -125 vs UGA. I can only hope to get the Trees @ "plus money" Monday

Saturday: 1-1 (+55)

Feeling good about Rice and LSU Sunday. This is shaping up to be a great CWS. It will be interesting to see if Fresno shows up well or not, because if they don't, you'd have to wonder how ASU would have done. If they'd been included, we'd definitely have 8 very strong teams. Of course, Fresno beat them, so I won't assume anything until they show us what they can got. They might be a little wide-eyed, though, while Rice has been there and done that. I see a well-coached Rice squad being in control here.

You'd think North Carolina would be the solid team to go with, but not at that price against a team that has won 25 out of the last 26. In fact, you get a team that has gone 25-1 against a tough schedule at +155 and you just about have to give them a shot. Watching how FSU and Miami were disposed of, maybe these daunting winning records of the ACC squads aren't as impressive as they first appear. If Georgia can beat Miami, you just know LSU can beat North Carolina.

Just rambling. You know how college sports get me going. Hope all of you enjoyed that Georgia win. I'll check back in tomorrow. Anyone watching or following the series please feel free to comment.

Winky, I too am looking forward to the line on the Stanford/Georgia game. That's shaping up as a very fascinating contest. Why are you so confident in the Trees? You designated the Noles as the choke team, but why do you see Stanford beating Georgia? It is mostly a Pac-10 vs SEC thing for you? You've made it clear over the years how you feel about SEC baseball in general.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Winky, I too am looking forward to the line on the Stanford/Georgia game. That's shaping up as a very fascinating contest. Why are you so confident in the Trees? You designated the Noles as the choke team, but why do you see Stanford beating Georgia? It is mostly a Pac-10 vs SEC thing for you? You've made it clear over the years how you feel about SEC baseball in general.

your last 2 lines answered your own question. UGA might be the most OVERrated team in Omaha and the Trees the most UNDERrated. Fading the SEC in Omaha has made me too much money to stop now (although i was NOT on the Canes Saturday because they were "playing with fire" and finally got burned). Trees are just a better team and i think the line will reflect it since i think the do come the small fave - although i hope they do come the dog so i can HAMMER ON them

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Trees are -150 over UGA thereby pricing me OFF this game.......NOT gonna lay that price but no chance in hell i take it, either

SSI

EOG Dedicated

hey reb, maybe the only 2 bets i make this world series.

georgia (+13.00) $100 to win $1300
rice (+5.00) $100 to win $500

you like either?

go get em Reb and watch out for Rice and Georgia as I think they are
in good shape to be battling for the title with an edge to Rice to win
it all.

What the hell, I said I was staying off bases today because of interleague, so I figured I'll take a shot with LSU @ +145....1.5 units

hey reb, maybe the only 2 bets i make this world series.

georgia (+13.00) $100 to win $1300
rice (+5.00) $100 to win $500

you like either?

SSI, I'm not certain what these bets are? Are they bets to win the CWS?

If so, chances are better at this point with Georgia over Rice I'd say. I expect Rice to be going home after their next game. Georgia is just quirky enough to win the whole thing.

Lousy day tonight, going 0-2 for -320.

CWS so far: 1-3 (-265)

Here are my Monday games:

FSU +155
Georgia +130

It's already been proven that anyone can win these things, as three dogs have already chalked up victories.

We could take both faves and lose money with a split or both dogs and profit with a split. I'm taking my chances with the dogs.

Guys, please keep these games in perspective. You know how in football and basketball games, I go with a 5*, 7*, and 10* system. These college baseball games, in comparison, are 1* plays. Anything can happen in these games, and I recommend playing them only for action freaks who will be watching them anyway.

Looking forward to a big football season. I'm already doing my homework.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

the good thing about the CHOKE-NOLES losing is we no longer have to hear about them in Omaha until 2009 at the earliest

has there EVER been a more UNDERachieving team in the HISTORY of the CWS that the CHOKE-NOLES! i think i have made more money betting AGAINST them than any school/team EVER. thinking about all plays i have ever made at Omaha i can't think of a single time i played ON FSU - every single bet was AGAINST them and i can't think of 1 i lost. to heck with Greg Norman - at least he has won something - Mike Martin @ FSU is THE BIGGEST CHOKER EVER! This guy comes up SMALL in Omaha more than anyone else EVER

Monday: 1-1 (+30)
CWS: 2-4 (-235)

Like I said, a split with the dogs wins while a split with the faves loses. Georgia came through for us at the end of the game once again.

Tuesday plays:

LSU +105
I love LSU in this game. I think they can outscore Rice. They are a young team, but it took something deep within to win 23 straight at the end of the year. Also, they are used to playing SEC teams while Rice is accustomed to C-USA. Playing top competition makes a difference in gaining positive experience for a series such as this.

North Carolina -200
If I could risk -220 on Rice against Fresno, I can certainly risk 200 on North Carolina against Fresno and feel I have a really solid chance of winning this one. Fresno is running out of top pitchers, while the Tarheels have an abundance of them. North Carolina is a truly solid team all the way through, with a lineup filled with winning experience. I believe they were the only ACC team to win a series against Miami.