Collinsworth and Michaels

railbird

EOG Master
Collinsworth very good, Michaels annoying kiss ass that should have stuck to baseball and peaked 35 years ago

Last edited by a moderator:

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
Multi talented Marty Glickman was a Superstar radio football announcer in New York who announced for the Giants and later the Jets
He was a tremendous football Announcer
-The best I’ve ever heard -

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Chris Collinsworth has a majority interest in Pro Football Focus.

No wonder PFF is headquartered in Cincinnati.

Collinsworth lives in nearby Fort Thomas, Kentucky.

He turns 62 in January.

Just looking at him, I would have guessed he was younger.

Al Michaels plays younger than his age (75) too.

It's good to be worth millions.

railbird

EOG Master
collingsworth is honest, michaels will cover the referee lies like the puppet he is. Buck is even worse. i like aikman too.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
I enjoy Michaels/Collingsworth I can't believe SNF is 15 years old now. I like Romo, but do not like Nantz. I like Aikman, but do not like Buck.

The most annoying thing about yesterday was the fake crowd noise. On the Lions broadcast, on the wide shot of the stadium, they showed old video spliced in of fans in the seats waving towels. I was out and about yesterday and caught the radio broadcast, no fake noise, it was very quiet, just the announcers and sound from the field of play...that was excellent. The network/NFL must think we are stupid.

choslamshe

EOG Master
None of them offer insight beyond the obvious. All tandems should be turned into Trios - all need to have a gambling mind/perspective, especially now more than ever.

Screw Andrews

EOG Dedicated

He turns 62 in January.

My neighbor for many years....

Valuist

EOG Master

He turns 62 in January.

And Michaels is an acknowledged non eater of vegetables.

Some great announcers back in the day....Summerall, Criqui, Musberger come to mind.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
There are some good old MNF games on YouTube. A nice Rams-Redskins game from 1971 on there.

OJ Simpson was the color guy on the Bears-Miami 1985 MNF game in 1985.

kane

EOG master
There are some good old MNF games on YouTube. A nice Rams-Redskins game from 1971 on there.

OJ Simpson was the color guy on the Bears-Miami 1985 MNF game in 1985.

I'd have to look it up, but that game might be the highest rated MNF game ever, the Dolphins ended the Bears perfect season

kane

EOG master
Once I saw a lot of players from the '72 undefeated team on the sidelines, it made me feel better about Miami's chances, and I'm not someone who typically puts much stock in that kind of stuff, but the Orange Bowl was electric that night and I just had a feeling the Dolphins couldn't lose, Miami's offense put up some big numbers against a defense that history will regard as one of the best of all time

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Al and Chris never would have let that Covering XP in Cleve- Cinn go unnoticed. I like Troy and Buck, but they gotta get with the times.