Congratulations to LeBron James for.....

kane

EOG master
Being named AP's male athlete of the decade. Greatness on the court, and a class act off it, a well deserved honor for the GOAT

kane

EOG master
It took about a half an hour for the haters to respond, longer than I thought, but expected

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Yup...and let's all wish him a happy birthday. A 35 year old in a 45 year old body.

Does anything you say make sense? His hairline maybe but not his body. JFC, the guy is a machine. Are you talking about his wear and tear or something? In all seriousness, you say the strangest things when it comes to the NBA. I guess keep talking your nonsense as we both know how this ends.... you and Doc swinging from a rope.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Yup...and let's all wish him a happy birthday. A 35 year old in a 45 year old body.

Here's what 45-year old who can't run a half court offense looks like:

P.S. That's one of his greatest strengths, btw.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Monday on Daily Wager the question came up of who the 3 on the show thought might get this honor for the next one

Anita Marks and Joe Fortenbaugh said: Patrick Mahomes
Preston Johnson said: Luka Doncic

Luka was my first thought, too. I also agree with Preston that Mahomes might not be the best QB of the decade - that might be Lamar Jackson (although I have my doubts as to how long he can do what he did in 2019). If he didn't play in "Siberia" and for an irrelevant franchise Connor McDavid might stand a chance but as long as he is in Edmonton he doesn't. If he got traded to a team in NY/LA/Chicago or maybe Boston he might but in Edmonton- nope!

kane

EOG master
Does anything you say make sense? His hairline maybe but not his body. JFC, the guy is a machine. Are you talking about his wear and tear or something? In all seriousness, you say the strangest things when it comes to the NBA. I guess keep talking your nonsense as we both know how this ends.... you and Doc swinging from a rope.

You're right about Heim, 95% of the things he posts are solid, the other 5% are nonsensical things about LeBron. LeBron is half man half cyborg, the fact that his body hasn't completely broken down by now is incredible, especially when you consider how many playoff games he's played, he's played the equivalent of an extra 3 seasons just in playoff games. As long as avoids a major injury, there's no reason why he can't play at a high level for several more years

kane

EOG master
Monday on Daily Wager the question came up of who the 3 on the show thought might get this honor for the next one

Luka was my first thought, too. I also agree with Preston that Mahomes might not be the best QB of the decade - that might be Lamar Jackson (although I have my doubts as to how long he can do what he did in 2019). If he didn't play in "Siberia" and for an irrelevant franchise Connor McDavid might stand a chance but as long as he is in Edmonton he doesn't. If he got traded to a team in NY/LA/Chicago or maybe Boston he might but in Edmonton- nope!

It's an interesting question, and the answer might be someone not even playing professionally right now, but those are three good choices, another guy I was thinking of is Ronald Acuna, he's only 22 and we don't know how high his ceiling is

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here

The same was said about Mahomes on First Take this morning winning the honor for the upcoming decade.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Congrats on passing Kobe for third all-time on the NBA scoring list. Quite an achievement. Karl Malone will be next on radar sometime in the middle of '20-21.

kane

EOG master
I've posted this before, but of all the amazing things the GOAT has accomplished, he has a chance to be the league's all time leading scorer, and scoring isn't even his best skill. By the time he retires the number's he'll have put up will be staggering

kane

EOG master
Brick's 2nd all time in turnovers. He'll hold that record before he retires.

Here's a list of the top 20 all time leaders in turnovers

1) Karl Malone
2) The GOAT
3) John Stockton
4) Kobe Bryant
5) Jason Kidd
6) Moses Malone
7) Isiah Thomas
8) Hakeem Olajuwon
9) Patrick Ewing
10) Paul Pierce
11) Magic Johnson
12) Reggie Theus
13) Russell Westbrook
14) Steve Nash
15) Tim Duncan
16) Charles Barkley
17) Dwyane Wade
18) Shaquille O'Neal
19) Allen Iverson
20) Scottie Pippen

Pretty good list, looks like the GOAT's in good company, sorry troll you lose again

MrTop

EOG Master
The only thing I don't like about LBJ is the rug and can't hit free throws along with being an average defender. The only thing I did not like about Jordan was he screwed the fans when he left at the top of his game 1 3/4 years

Last edited:

kane

EOG master
The only thing I don't like about LBJ is the rug and can't hit free throws along with being an average defender. The only thing I did not like about Jordan was he screwed the fans when he left at the top of his game 1 3/4 years

He's a 74% career free throw shooter, not great, but hardly a guy I would say can't hit free throws. And he might only be an average defender now, but keep in mind it's his 17th season, but in his prime he was elite on the defensive end, you don't get named to the NBA's all defense first team 5 times without being an elite defender

I mean why do we still have all these debates? LBJ is a transcendent talent considering his size and skill set, just like Magic was in his day. That he gets to put up these numbers are a testament to his ability to stay healthy all these years, especially those long playoff years he had. How many titles he has is like it is for all great players, a function of the teammates he was given and how good the competition was at the time. All that being said, we here are trying to figure out how many more wins and titles he has left, not what he has accomplished

MrTop

EOG Master
He's a 74% career free throw shooter, not great, but hardly a guy I would say can't hit free throws. And he might only be an average defender now, but keep in mind it's his 17th season, but in his prime he was elite on the defensive end, you don't get named to the NBA's all defense first team 5 times without being an elite defender

I am averaging all the years in...he turned it on and off. The finals it showed up the most. He disappeared in the 4th Q a few times... A top ten in best players who lived. Probably the best big man to pass outside of Magic .. Maybe the best going to the hoop that played. Keep in mind the rules were changed after Jordan.

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master
Ben Simmons made Lebron and company fold like a cheap tent in the 4th quarter. Another melt down in the fourth against
a quality opponent. They're paying Green 14 million a year to hit threes and Anthony Davis looks him off and takes his own
barely hitting the rim. Yes it's Lebron's and AD's team but that ain't enough. Expect third straight loss against Clippers on
Tuesday which will send Lakeshow looking into the trade portal. Guaranteed. How far can they get giving JK look-a-like Caruso
quality minutes?

P.S. Lets not forget 76ers out two starters.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Ben Simmons made Lebron and company fold like a cheap tent in the 4th quarter. Another melt down in the fourth against
a quality opponent. They're paying Green 14 million a year to hit threes and Anthony Davis looks him off and takes his own
barely hitting the rim. Yes it's Lebron's and AD's team but that ain't enough. Expect third straight loss against Clippers on
Tuesday which will send Lakeshow looking into the trade portal. Guaranteed. How far can they get giving JK look-a-like Caruso
quality minutes?

P.S. Lets not forget 76ers out two starters.

LOL. The Village Idiot makes an appearance. For the love of God, please stop talking basketball; just stop. Capt. America is so strong defensively, I would play him more.

How far can you bend the knee?

MrTop

EOG Master

the great shooters are all 80% + at the line.

Here's a list of the top 20 all time leaders in turnovers

1) Karl Malone
2) The GOAT
3) John Stockton
4) Kobe Bryant
5) Jason Kidd
6) Moses Malone
7) Isiah Thomas
8) Hakeem Olajuwon
9) Patrick Ewing
10) Paul Pierce
11) Magic Johnson
12) Reggie Theus
13) Russell Westbrook
14) Steve Nash
15) Tim Duncan
16) Charles Barkley
17) Dwyane Wade
18) Shaquille O'Neal
19) Allen Iverson
20) Scottie Pippen

Pretty good list, looks like the GOAT's in good company, sorry troll you lose again
Kane, do you have to stalk every post that I make with a personal attack. Some things never change.

I am averaging all the years in...he turned it on and off. The finals it showed up the most. He disappeared in the 4th Q a few times... A top ten in best players who lived. Probably the best big man to pass outside of Magic .. Maybe the best going to the hoop that played. Keep in mind the rules were changed after Jordan.
The first was in 2011 when he hid in the 4th quarter and didn't want the ball. Then in one series vs. SA he was afraid to shoot. SA played mind games and didn't even cover him.

Heim

EOG Master
Rondo's days might be numbered. He can't hit a three. Who is it going to be? Collison or Rose? Lebron going side to side looking
for a opening while the clock expires will slowly rear it's ugly head in the playoffs.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Rondo's days might be numbered. He can't hit a three. Who is it going to be? Collison or Rose? Lebron going side to side looking for a opening while the clock expires will slowly rear it's ugly head in the playoffs.

JFC, weren't you just saying that Rondo was a better PG than LBJ? Like I said, you need to stop talking NBA, you know nothing about it.

LBJ's running of the offense is the least of UniBron's problems.