Congratulations to Wink

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Thanks to all

I spent most of May 20 calling/thanking people for all of the support they showed me during my "Nightmare Journey From Hell"

I am lucky. I know it. There are things I wanted to do but can't because of the current situation but they are still on my list. I am a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time Dodgers fan yet I have never been to Opening Day. I sense I might have to wait until the 2022 season to do this. There are others but they will also have to wait but they will get done.

I have a Weekly Blog with posts every Monday. This week I waited until Wednesday. I posted this. It is long but it also represents my no-filtered thoughts: https://erikschuman.blogspot.com/2020/05/happy-birthday-30-days-later.html

Thanks to all

I spent most of May 20 calling/thanking people for all of the support they showed me during my "Nightmare Journey From Hell"

I am lucky. I know it. There are things I wanted to do but can't because of the current situation but they are still on my list. I am a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time Dodgers fan yet I have never been to Opening Day. I sense I might have to wait until the 2022 season to do this. There are others but they will also have to wait but they will get done.

I have a Weekly Blog with posts every Monday. This week I waited until Wednesday. I posted this. It is long but it also represents my no-filtered thoughts: https://erikschuman.blogspot.com/2020/05/happy-birthday-30-days-later.html

A life threatening event usually gives a person a unique perspective on things

Any advice/thoughts/observations you're willing to share?

Stevo

EOG Senior Member

Biggest congrats Winky. Will give the blog a read. I read Heisenberg's question and am also interested in thought process and perspective a year later.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

***Live life like tomorrow is not a given - because it is not. There are things I wanted to do and put them off. Not any more. Although I wanted to go to Opening Day for the Dodgers. And still do. I just realize that might not happen until 2022

***Never be afraid to tell those who are important in your life just how much you appreciate them. I spent Tuesday Night and most of Wednesday calling family and friends (including JK) and letting them know how much I valued all they did for me on my "Nightmare Journey From Hell." I easily spent 8 hours calling people and telling them and I loved doing it.

***Stop and "smell the roses": Slow down every so often and take a look around and appreciate all that is around you. You will see things you have missed before that will make you realize how much you have missed.

I am not afraid to die. I don't want to die but if I do - I do. I "cheated death" so everything now is a "free roll." Do it and enjoy it and if you die doing it that will suck but since I should have died last year and did not everything from that point forward is just "icing on the cake."

***Live life like tomorrow is not a given - because it is not. There are things I wanted to do and put them off. Not any more. Although I wanted to go to Opening Day for the Dodgers. And still do. I just realize that might not happen until 2022

***Never be afraid to tell those who are important in your life just how much you appreciate them. I spent Tuesday Night and most of Wednesday calling family and friends (including JK) and letting them know how much I valued all they did for me on my "Nightmare Journey From Hell." I easily spent 8 hours calling people and telling them and I loved doing it.

***Stop and "smell the roses": Slow down every so often and take a look around and appreciate all that is around you. You will see things you have missed before that will make you realize how much you have missed.

I am not afraid to die. I don't want to die but if I do - I do. I "cheated death" so everything now is a "free roll." Do it and enjoy it and if you die doing it that will suck but since I should have died last year and did not everything from that point forward is just "icing on the cake."

Thanks for sharing

Good advice

Stevo

EOG Senior Member
Thanks Winky. I think paragraph 2 is something I should definitely work on.

And along with Blueline I hope there are many more anniversaries.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Thanks Winky. I think paragraph 2 is something I should definitely work on.

And along with Blueline I hope there are many more anniversaries.

DITTO!

I am actually looking forward to the day when no one asks me about this. I hope that is taken the right way. I appreciate everyone asking. I would do the same for others. I know their heart is in the right place. I just hope one day no one asks because it is 10-20+ years down the line. That doesn't mean forget it happened just have enough time lapse where people "forget" I had it. I never will. I know the second I left my guard down it will come back and kill me. I am like an addict. I know trouble can pop up at any second and I have to be vigilant about it. I know Cancer will try and make a comeback some time down the line. I just have to be ready for it (I am) and catch it earlier..........although I knew something was wrong in May, 2018. I asked my insurance company for an MRI on my pelvis and they turned that down (I even have a PPO). It wasn't until 9 months later they finally agreed to one and I got one - when I could barely move. I had trouble getting this most recent batch of scans approved. I reminded them I wanted an MRI in May 2018 but got turned down. If accepted they might have caught it in Stage 1 which would have cost maybe $25-50k....not the Over $500k it ended up costing them. Didn't cost me anything extra since once I reached my limit everything was FREE but if they had OKd things in May 2018 they might have saved themselves over $450,000