Could MSU actually get a #1 seed? Seems that door is open

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Won their confc by 4 games

14-2 vs TOP 50 RPIs ...... next best is Kansas with 9 wins

Yeah .... folks will say:

"Bullshit the games vs Maryland and NC ...

Roe was hurt and they had no Suton

Izzo once again has a team that can make it to the Final 4

Re: Could MSU actually get a #1 seed? Seems that door is open

always thought they were a contender before the conference tournaments

If they win the Big Ten tourney they will get a 1 seed

No chance now after losing to thee Ohio state

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

Let's be honest here shall we? MSU is not even close to the top 5-6 Big East Teams. Not even in the top 3-4 of ACC teams and I'd even put them #4 in the PAC-10. THEY ARE A HORRIBLE TEAM AND THE BIG 10 SUCKS ASS.

#1's include Pitt, UNC, Louisville and Memphis

They may suck but 7 of the 11 are headed in to the big dance

projected field by conference

Kansas St., , Boston College, Belmont, Vermont, Tenn-Martin, UNLV, , Virginia Military, South Carolina, Arizona, Penn St., George Mason, Providence

Breakdown by conferences

Confs Bids Teams (Records, RPIs)
Big East 7 Pittsburgh (27-4, 1), Connecticut (27-4, 6), Louisville (27-5, 7), Syracuse (25-8, 11), Villanova (26-7, 13), West Virginia (23-11, 21), Marquette (24-9, 36)
Big Ten 7 Michigan St. (26-5, 4), Illinois (24-8, 18), Purdue (23-9, 30), Ohio St. (21-9, 35), Minnesota (21-10, 40), Michigan (19-13, 42), Wisconsin (18-12, 44)
Big 12 6 Oklahoma (27-5, 5), Kansas (25-7, 9), Missouri (26-6, 10), Oklahoma St. (22-11, 20), Texas A&M (22-9, 37), Texas (22-11, 38)
Atlantic Coast 6 Duke (26-6, 2), North Carolina (27-3, 3), Wake Forest (24-6, 15), Florida St. (24-8, 17), Clemson (23-8, 29), Maryland (20-12, 51)
Pacific-10 5 Washington (24-8, 14), Arizona St. (24-8, 24), UCLA (25-8, 32), California (22-10, 39), USC (20-12, 45)
Mountain West 3 Utah (23-8, 12), Brigham Young (24-7, 28), San Diego St. (21-8, 31)
Southeastern 3 Tennessee (20-11, 22), LSU (26-6, 33), Florida (23-10, 52)
Atlantic 10 3 Xavier (25-7, 16), Dayton (26-7, 27), Temple (21-11, 34)
Horizon League 2 Cleveland St. (22-10, 54), Butler (25-5, 23)
Missouri Valley 2 Northern Iowa (22-10, 59), Creighton (26-7, 41)
Southland 1 Stephen F. Austin (19-7, 79)
West Coast 1 Gonzaga (25-5, 26)
Ohio Valley 1 Morehead St. (17-15, 143)
Atlantic Sun 1 E. Tennessee St. (21-10, 117)
Mid-American 1 Miami (OH) (17-13, 81)
Mid-Eastern 1 Morgan St. (21-11, 129)
Conference USA 1 Memphis (30-3, 8)
Metro Atlantic Athletic 1 Siena (26-7, 19)
Colonial Athletic 1 VA Commonwealth (24-9, 50)
Northeast 1 Robert Morris (24-10, 109)
America East 1 Binghamton (21-8, 89)
Big West 1 CSU Northridge (15-13, 137)
Southern 1 Chattanooga (16-16, 177)
Summit 1 North Dakota St (24-6, 87)
Big South 1 Radford (18-11, 131)
Southwestern Athletic 1 Jackson St. (18-14, 180)
Ivy League 1 Cornell (19-9, 115)
Big Sky 1 Portland St. (20-9, 113)
Western Athletic 1 Utah St. (28-4, 25)
Patriot League 1 American U. (24-7, 73)
Sun Belt 1 West. Kentucky (23-8, 43)

tripp

EOG Master

Let's be honest here shall we? MSU is not even close to the top 5-6 Big East Teams. Not even in the top 3-4 of ACC teams and I'd even put them #4 in the PAC-10. THEY ARE A HORRIBLE TEAM AND THE BIG 10 SUCKS ASS.

#1's include Pitt, UNC, Louisville and Memphis

This is going a bit too far imo. I would put them 4th at worst in the Big East, and they'd likely finish around 3rd in the ACC. If Florida St can do very well in the ACC, so can Mich St. They are a better team than FSU easily imo. Pac 10 they could finish anywhere from 1st to 3rd imo. Washington finished 1st this year and they aren't as good as Mich St.

Big 10 isn't THAT bad. I'd say they are the third best conference this year. SEC and Big 12? Now THOSE are shitty conferences.

Also; agree on the #1's. UNC, Louisville, Pitt, and Memphis are the tops seeds. Can't see that changing.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Enfuego knows as much about basketball as Politics

not even close to the top 5-6 Big East Teams. Not even in the top 3-4 of ACC teams and I'd even put them #4 in the PAC-10. THEY ARE A HORRIBLE TEAM AND THE BIG 10 SUCKS ASS.

14-2 against TOP 50 RPI RANKED TEAMS ...... BEST IN THE COUNTRY

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Tripp:

he obviously doesn't follow college bball

the Big 10 is stacked with stud underclassmen and Tubby has a Top 10 class inbound as does Indiana and Matta constantly brings in Quality and Michigan knocked off both Duke/ UCLA earlier this year and MSU beat Kansas and on the road @ Texas

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

This is going a bit too far imo. I would put them 4th at worst in the Big East, and they'd likely finish around 3rd in the ACC. If Florida St can do very well in the ACC, so can Mich St. They are a better team than FSU easily imo. Pac 10 they could finish anywhere from 1st to 3rd imo. Washington finished 1st this year and they aren't as good as Mich St.

Big 10 isn't THAT bad. I'd say they are the third best conference this year. SEC and Big 12? Now THOSE are shitty conferences.

Also; agree on the #1's. UNC, Louisville, Pitt, and Memphis are the tops seeds. Can't see that changing.

No way MSU is better than

Big East: Pitt, Louisville, UCONN, Villanova, Marquette or Syracuse
ACC: UNC, Duke, WF, FSU and I think Clemson is even better
PAC-10: No way they're better than UW, UCLA or ASU

You are watching them playing in a shit conferance all year. They may look great against other shit teams.

Key out of conferance losses:

Loss to Maryland 80-62
Loss to UNC 98-63 (They didn't just lose they got destroyed)

Win over Kansas 75-62 but I think Kansas sucks

This is it Tripp. The rest was in the Big-10 and what is the Big-10, about the 5th toughtest conferance in the nation?

Gonzaga would destroy this team. They need more than K. Lucas running around to win tourney games.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Too bad Enfuego didn't follow college ball:

If so he would understand MSU has one of their stars out for the both game MD/NC and another one running at about 40% for both games

This guy is clueless .... he knows nothing about the Big 10

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Sagrain ... Strength of Schedule

MSU - 7

NC - 15

GONZAGA -88

WASHINGTON - 27

CONNCT - 18

WAKE FOREST - 50

CLEMSON - 51

VILLANOVA - 41

MEMPHIS - 76

LOUISVILLE - 19

MARQUETTE - 49

UCLA - 46

tripp

EOG Master

No way MSU is better than

Big East: Pitt, Louisville, UCONN, Villanova, Marquette or Syracuse
ACC: UNC, Duke, WF, FSU and I think Clemson is even better
PAC-10: No way they're better than UW, UCLA or ASU

You are watching them playing in a shit conferance all year. They may look great against other shit teams.

Key out of conferance losses:

Loss to Maryland 80-62
Loss to UNC 98-63 (They didn't just lose they got destroyed)

Win over Kansas 75-62 but I think Kansas sucks

This is it Tripp. The rest was in the Big-10 and what is the Big-10, about the 5th toughtest conferance in the nation?

Gonzaga would destroy this team. They need more than K. Lucas running around to win tourney games.

I'd take them vs Villanova, Marquette and especially Syracuse any day. Those teams don't impress me really. As I've said I think WVU is the fourth best team in the Big East, and I'd probably take Mich St vs them too. Michigan St is a good team.

I'd take them vs Florida St in a second. I'd take Mich St -6.5 on a neutral over Florida St. They could beat Duke, WF, and Clemson also. Nobody beats UNC when they play their best, except maybe teams like Pitt and UCONN. UNC hasn't looked the same in conference as they did OOC. Vs Mich St was their best game of the season.

5th toughest? I know most feel that way too, but like I said I would put Big 10 as the third best conference in the nation. Only better ones are Big East, and ACC. Big 10 to me is even deeper than ACC, but the top teams of ACC are stronger, and you can't put B10 over ACC when ACC won the challenge like always. Remember Northwestern beat Florida st though, and ACC barely won the challenge this year.

I would take Gonzaga over Mich St too, but Gonzaga is a top 10 team. Michigan St is probably a top 10 team also. That would be a very good game, I don't think anyone would get destroyed there.

Michigan St will still be a 2 seed most likely, and the Big 10 will probably get the same amount of teams in the tournament as the Big East or ACC.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

that might be the dumbest fucking thing i ever read on eog.2348ji23e

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

VS Top 50 - Sagrain

MICHIGAN STATE 13-3

DUKE 3-4

SYRACUSE 6-5

ILLINOIS 9-6

CLEMSON 2-3

MARQUETTE 2-6

FLORIDA STATE 6-7

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Dray:

anyone confirm if Enfuego might actually be Joe the Plumber in real life?

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

that might be the dumbest fucking thing i ever read on eog.2348ji23e

And please give me some reasons why. You are posting from Wisconsin and I'm assuming a Big-10 fan but I'd ask you have you seen Gonzaga play this year? This is the best and most athletic team they've ever put in the tourney. That loss against UCONN should've been a win but they pissed it away. Tell me why after you just watched MSU get crushed by a shitty Ohio St. team you think they could hang.

Any knowledgeable CBB fan here will tell you Gonzaga is a legitimate contender for the Final Four this year.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Tripp:

they always bash the Big 10 .... difft style of ball they play as I grew up in
Big 10 Confc land and they are deep and that confc will be an absolute
bear in the next few years with the stuf coaches and quality young talent
they have on board

May God intervene and Let MSU win it all ..... how funny would that be
with Enfuego ... sorry Mrs Digger Phelps ... giving us some "wonderful"
insight?

d ray

EOG Dedicated

Have you watched Mich St.?

What does Michigan st have to play for in the big ten tournement? Absolutely nothing dipshit. Crushed in the Big Ten tourney means nothing.

I watched Gonzaga get crushed on national TV at home against Memphis not to long ago.

Gonzaga may be a sweet 16 team.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

Have you watched Mich St.?

What does Michigan st have to play for in the big ten tournement? Absolutely nothing dipshit. Crushed in the Big Ten tourney means nothing.

So you're telling me they're in a tournament and not playing hard? They just said "well fuck it. We're in the tourney so oh well we'll get crushed by Ohio St. when we have a great chance at a high seed." Now that is the dumbest thing I've ever read on the EOG.

I've seen the MSU Spartans play at least 6 games this year and yes, they suck and play in a shit conference. Who have they played out of the Big-10 and how did they do in those games?

d ray

EOG Dedicated

VS Top 50 - Sagrain

MICHIGAN STATE 13-3

DUKE 3-4

SYRACUSE 6-5

ILLINOIS 9-6

CLEMSON 2-3

MARQUETTE 2-6

FLORIDA STATE 6-7

:cocktail

this looks good to me enfuego.....

d ray

EOG Dedicated

2 big ten teams in that list, both well over .500, but yeah, you're right. the big ten sucks.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

I just added Gonzaga to my early exit teams

I mean with Enfuego liking them to go to the Final Four the dark clouds
forming over the campus

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

I watched Gonzaga get crushed on national TV at home against Memphis not to long ago.

Gonzaga may be a sweet 16 team.

Memphis is a very good basketball team. They beat:

Maryland at Maryland 81-59 (Oh yeah Michigan St. got their asses kicked by Maryland)

Tennessee not once but twice 83-74 and 89-79 in Tennessee

Lost to UCONN 88-83 and anyone that watched the game knows Gonzaga would've won it 9 out of 10 times but they pissed it away.

Absolutely ran trough their conference beating tourney team St. Mary's twice and to the conference and tourney title.

What did they have to play for in their tourney? NOTHING but like a good team and without using excuses like "they have nothing to play for" they destroy everyone in their path.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

I guess Oklahoma getting knocked out early in the Big 12 also means they
suck?

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

:cocktail

this looks good to me enfuego.....

I don't care if you think it's a good conference. This always happens with people that love the Big-10. It's a shitty conference in football and shitty in basketball (not every year of course) but subpar and that's a fact.

Can you seriously say the conference is as good or better than the ACC, Big East, Big 12 or SEC?

d ray

EOG Dedicated

Thats quite convenient saying Memphis is a good team even though they play in a shit conference MUCH worse then the big Ten. You fucking dipshit dumb fuck hypocrite.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

2 big ten teams in that list, both well over .500, but yeah, you're right. the big ten sucks.

Who gives a shit if their well over .500? Creighton is well over .500 BUT WHO DO THEY PLAY that gets them well over .500? A bunch of scrub teams beating up on each other in conference play is not a good answer.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

Thats quite convenient saying Memphis is a good team even though they play in a shit conference MUCH worse then the big Ten. You fucking dipshit dumb fuck hypocrite.

The Big 10 is better than Conference USA but Memphis is one of the best teams in the country and there's no doubt about that. They have played a tough Non-Conference schedule. How do you not see this?

And if you tell me MSU is better than Memphis then you need to do some thinking.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

im done, you're a fucking idiot

wasting my time.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

im done, you're a fucking idiot

wasting my time.

I'm wasting your time but you will not answer a straight question if you think the Big-10 compares to any of those conferences. Please tell me you don't think that. Please tell me you've at least watched Gonzaga play before you tell me they're not a Final Four contender.

It's typical here on this site. When guys get flustered they resort to name calling and personal attacks. It's par for the course.

Also, are you a Wisconsin fan? Do you think they should be a tourney team as well?

gofur876

EOG Addicted

I'd take them vs Villanova, Marquette and especially Syracuse any day. Those teams don't impress me really. As I've said I think WVU is the fourth best team in the Big East, and I'd probably take Mich St vs them too. Michigan St is a good team.

I'd take them vs Florida St in a second. I'd take Mich St -6.5 on a neutral over Florida St. They could beat Duke, WF, and Clemson also. Nobody beats UNC when they play their best, except maybe teams like Pitt and UCONN. UNC hasn't looked the same in conference as they did OOC. Vs Mich St was their best game of the season.

5th toughest? I know most feel that way too, but like I said I would put Big 10 as the third best conference in the nation. Only better ones are Big East, and ACC. Big 10 to me is even deeper than ACC, but the top teams of ACC are stronger, and you can't put B10 over ACC when ACC won the challenge like always. Remember Northwestern beat Florida st though, and ACC barely won the challenge this year.

I would take Gonzaga over Mich St too, but Gonzaga is a top 10 team. Michigan St is probably a top 10 team also. That would be a very good game, I don't think anyone would get destroyed there.

Michigan St will still be a 2 seed most likely, and the Big 10 will probably get the same amount of teams in the tournament as the Big East or ACC.

Yes, and they shouldn't! I'm a lifetime B10 guy, TC's. But saying the strength of the conf. is their depth is moronic and uninformed. You mean NW, Ind, Iowa, Mn, Wisc, Mich? They're all shit, and would be no higher tham 6th in the ACC, BEast, 5th in A10, B12, or SEC. They'll be VERY lucky to get 2 in the "Sweet 16"!:doh1

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

Yes, and they shouldn't! I'm a lifetime B10 guy, TC's. But saying the strength of the conf. is their depth is moronic and uninformed. You mean NW, Ind, Iowa, Mn, Wisc, Mich? They're all shit, and would be no higher tham 6th in the ACC, BEast, 5th in A10, B12, or SEC. They'll be VERY lucky to get 2 in the "Sweet 16"!:doh1

Saying they "could" beat and they "would" beat are two different things.

You make valid points though here and sound like an educated poster that doesn't resort to personal attacks in getting your point across and that's a very good thing.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Michigan beat both UCLA and DUKE

Northwestern beat Florida State

Penn State beat GA TECH

MINNESOTA BEAT LOUISVILLE

tripp

EOG Master

Michigan beat both UCLA and DUKE

Northwestern beat Florida State

Penn State beat GA TECH

MINNESOTA BEAT LOUISVILLE
:thumbsup

GA Tech sucks, so that's not a good win, but the rest are very impressive when you're not even talking about the top Big 10 teams like Mich St and Purdue.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

So, let's recap here:

The best team in the Big-10 gets crushed by Ohio State in their conference tourney but they have nothing to play for right?

Illinois is playing right now in the semifinals and hasn't scored a basket in 10 minutes. Yes, I said 10 minutes.

Didn't Illinois lose to Penn St. this year 38-33?

Guys, I know you may grow up watching this league but live in to reality and admit the conference sucks.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

:thumbsup

GA Tech sucks, so that's not a good win, but the rest are very impressive when you're not even talking about the top Big 10 teams like Mich St and Purdue.

And what do all these wins have in common? Yes, they were all very early in the year. I'd ask you if these teams still pull the upsets right now. Not a chance.