Cowboy Coaching Vacancy

Heim

EOG Master
Offshore books are flip-flopping with McDaniels and Urban Meyer as the favorite.

Does anyone picture Urban Meyer taking Cowboy job?

Always amazes me anyone would take a shot on McDaniels. Guy blew up the Broncos and then caused hell for the Colts. Why would you mess around with that toxic choice?

Heim

EOG Master
Always amazes me anyone would take a shot on McDaniels. Guy blew up the Broncos and then caused hell for the Colts. Why would you mess around with that toxic choice?

He's labeled a offensive wiz....once you get a label in NFL owners are always willing to take a chance.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I heard a rumor about Washington's old coach Chris Petersen.

He would re-unite with former Boise State quarterback Kellen Moore.

turksure

EOG Enthusiast
Last week on OKC sports radio, Pat Jones (ex Okla State and NFL asst coach) said he was hearing Urban Meyer.

kane

EOG master
I heard a rumor about Washington's old coach Chris Petersen.

He would re-unite with former Boise State quarterback Kellen Moore.

Petersen cited stress and anxiety as reasons for him stepping down, the Dallas job makes sense, I mean it's not like there's any stress or pressure coaching the Cowboys, right?

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
I wonder if a head coaching job in the nfl is less stressful than college now. The early recruiting period means that nov to dec is a push to get early commits. There isnt really a down time. Then you have to worry about keeping that recruit happy so he doesnt leave in the new transfer rule.

Nfl head coach, if you are not the main coordinator and work as the team figure head seems a bit more interesting.

The issue with urban is will he get a cough and have to step away due to health problems. He seems to be able to use this to get the job he wants.

I would love to see urban coach usc. Yes it would be for only 3-4 years but he would make usc great again.

I wonder if a head coaching job in the nfl is less stressful than college now. The early recruiting period means that nov to dec is a push to get early commits. There isnt really a down time. Then you have to worry about keeping that recruit happy so he doesnt leave in the new transfer rule.

Nfl head coach, if you are not the main coordinator and work as the team figure head seems a bit more interesting.

The issue with urban is will he get a cough and have to step away due to health problems. He seems to be able to use this to get the job he wants.

I would love to see urban coach usc. Yes it would be for only 3-4 years but he would make usc great again.

Peterson wasn't doing much of the recruiting either. Lake is the guy who loves the hustle of it and goes to get guys he can motivate. All Peterson has done is instill into the program to be the better man and develop your character. It's a nice change from the Ricky Neuheisel days, but it's run its course. Such a system would get you nowhere in the NFL and he knows it. He's going to relax a bit and then get a job in the sports department and eventually be an AD. He's crazy if he goes to the NFL, there is no role for him there.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Helton just resigned with USC.....