Curry is the best college guy to watch in a while...

cjv_11

EOG Veteran
guy moves around non-stop and draws 2 guy every single possession. he gets the opponent's best defender on him every game and still manages to average 30 a game. he is a flat out stud

Re: Curry is the best college guy to watch in a while...

no doubt. if he isnt a lottery pick ive never seen one. i dont care what his verticle is.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Yeah, he's awesome. Now just lose by 5 and I'll be happy. First 5 unit play in college basketball this year. Oklahoma has dominated this game in every aspect. If they don't cover I'll cry.

cjv_11

EOG Veteran

i want him to keep scoring and scoring as long as oklahoma covers the -4, hes fun to watch, oklahoma is a good defensive team as well

cjv_11

EOG Veteran

curry is unreal, cmon sooners, need this cover!!!!

cjv_11

EOG Veteran

griffin is a stud too...curry is just automatic

cjv_11

EOG Veteran

44 points for curry

20-20 game for griffin

great bball game

cjv_11

EOG Veteran

ya, budinger is really good too and hope he can carry me to a cover too

He's got it. I hate using that phrase, but he is the definition of a player with 'it'. He's just a big time money player.

Apple

Banned

A lot of people dont think he will make it in the NBA.

A lot of people dont think he will make it in the NBA.

i wonder if they watch basketball. this kid is not a product of a system or great players around him, he is the team. And still averages 30 + .. im not a scout, but he looks talented enough to be a 1st rounder to me.. a great shooter, and genius on the court.. cool-headed.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Can't believe I didn't get all 5 units on this play. Curry had a great game, but Griffin dominated just as much. Only win 3 units, because I have -4 for 2 units. BOOOO!

Journeyman

EOG Master

Can't believe I didn't get all 5 units on this play. Curry had a great game, but Griffin dominated just as much. Only win 3 units, because I have -4 for 2 units. BOOOO!

be thankful you covered that much , you had to be shitting on the last drive by Davidson.

:doh1

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

i wonder if they watch basketball. this kid is not a product of a system or great players around him, he is the team. And still averages 30 + .. im not a scout, but he looks talented enough to be a 1st rounder to me.. a great shooter, and genius on the court.. cool-headed.

Problem is that he requires pick after pick to get open. That doesn't work in the NBA. I personally think he will be VERY good in the NBA because he doesn't need much space to shoot and he can create just enough space to get his shot off. The offense is drawn around him in college and it won't be in the pros. He'll probably get beat up defensively as well. He'll be a knock down shooter though. If he was a little taller he'd be like Reggie but his height might impede on him a little.

the ape

EOG Addicted

i hope the heat get curry wade and curry :houra:houra:houra:houra:houra:houra:houra:houra

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

be thankful you covered that much , you had to be shitting on the last drive by Davidson.

:doh1

Oh I was, but Oklahoma dominated every aspect of the game. They were a little sloppy with the ball, but they dominated them in FG%, shot higher from the FT and 3 PT line, and out rebounded them by 16. They dominated the game and it shouldn't have been close. That's why I'm pissed. Oklahoma should have won by DD; easily.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Problem is that he requires pick after pick to get open. That doesn't work in the NBA. I personally think he will be VERY good in the NBA because he doesn't need much space to shoot and he can create just enough space to get his shot off. The offense is drawn around him in college and it won't be in the pros. He'll probably get beat up defensively as well. He'll be a knock down shooter though. If he was a little taller he'd be like Reggie but his height might impede on him a little.

pick after pick??? he has two and three guys surrounding him around the arc, and now he has the freakin ball most of the time.

who wouldn't need a pick? :blink:

pick after pick??? he has two and three guys surrounding him around the arc, and now he has the freakin ball most of the time.

I dont think in the NBA he will be triple teamed.. I would hope you were one of the GM's ahead of me on draft day Timely, that's just one less obstacle for me to draft this kid. He is special, and I dont need to see him do pushups or run a 40 to take him. If you do, I understand.. Alot of guys like that stuff.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I'm not disagreeing with you at all. I'm just saying that Reddick was an INCREDIBLE shooter in college but he got a lot of looks because the offense was designed to get him open. The whole offense was designed to get him looks and that's all I'm saying. It's the same way at Davidson. Reddick flopped in the pros because they don't design it for you like that in the NBA. I think Curry will be a very good NBA pro, and I think he's better than Reddick, but the comparisons are there. Both were undersized and both didn't have a great first step. His defense will be a liability in the NBA as well.

Journeyman

EOG Master

I'm not sure how Curry's game will translate in the NBA, he does seem to be undersized and not the most athletic , just very polished, very technical and fundamentally sound ..I think he's size will limit his greatness at the next level.

I'm not counting the kid out, just not sold on his physical ability.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all. I'm just saying that Reddick was an INCREDIBLE shooter in college but he got a lot of looks because the offense was designed to get him open. The whole offense was designed to get him looks and that's all I'm saying. It's the same way at Davidson. Reddick flopped in the pros because they don't design it for you like that in the NBA. I think Curry will be a very good NBA pro, and I think he's better than Reddick, but the comparisons are there. Both were undersized and both didn't have a great first step. His defense will be a liability in the NBA as well.

Curry is much more effective off the dribble than Reddick, and Reddick also had a few dudes around him with some game.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I dont think in the NBA he will be triple teamed.. I would hope you were once of the GM's ahead of me Timely, that's just one less obstacle for me to draft this kid. He is special, and I dont need to see him do pushups or run a 40 to take him. If you do, I understand.. Alot of guys like that stuff.

I love Curry and I think he'll be a good pro. I'm just saying what his flaws are. In the NBA defenders recover much quicker and he'll have taller, more athletic, players defending him. He has a quick release so that should help, but Reddick was incredible in college and he's disappeared in the pros for these same reasons.

Once again, I think Curry is better than Reddick but the similarities are there.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Funny you mention Reddick, I thought about him too....although I was pretty certain JJ would not be a star before he ever played a game in the Big's.

Curry will make a mark in the NBA, he's a tough one to predict.

the ape

EOG Addicted

guys look curry is good he will be a starter in the nba he wont be a bench player his whole career

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Curry is much more effective off the dribble than Reddick, and Reddick also had a few dudes around him with some game.

Not true. He's more creative around the basket, that's true but he isn't great with off the dribble. He gets by a lot of guys in college because his shot is so feared. There are a lot of great shooters in the NBA and he'll need to improve other aspects of his game.

Reddick could get to the rack. He was just a retarded idiot and wasn't very creative around the basket. Curry is creative, but it'll be tough for him to get as many looks against guards who are 6'5 and 6'6 and much more athletic than he is. That's all I'm saying.

That being said, I love to watch him play. He has a knack for making the big shot as well. He's lethal in college.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Reddick was a spot up nshooter who needed a PG to drive and kick it to him for wide open 3s. Curry handles the ball, has no other offensive threats on his team, gets double teamed and still scores 40+ on the road against a very good team and had his team in it at the end. This guy is as good as it gets in college. He creates his own shots. Who doesn't need a pick when you are double teamed?

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Funny you mention Reddick, I thought about him too....although I was pretty certain JJ would not be a star before he ever played a game in the Big's.

Curry will make a mark in the NBA, he's a tough one to predict.

Agreed. The difference was that Reddick was ALWAYS coming off of screens in college. He didn't have the ability to hit a step back three. That's something Curry has that Reddick doesn't and never did. He can push off a little - which is legal in the NBA - and knock down the jumper. That's while he'll have an impact in the NBA, unlike Reddick. I just am not sure that he will be able to be a star without a great first step.

Journeyman

EOG Master

I think Reddick was a little more of a pure shooter if that is even possible. Curry much better though moving with the ball and , he has that Jefff Hornacek way about him, able to score with off-balance runners and he creates shots.

guys look curry is good but not that good he wont be a starter in the nba he will be a bench player his whole career

thats the safe play. i say he is a star. he is extremely skilled offensively and is probably the best passing guard in the country. Will make an All Star Team in his Career.

Begin the crush ................

Apple

Banned

guys look curry is good he will be a starter in the nba he wont be a bench player his whole career

I think he will be a bench player for the most part. Can't see him having a big impact in the NBA...

royboy

EOG Dedicated

agree 100%, curry is the rare blend of a great shooter AND great scorer, can't see him failing at the next level, just too good imo.

Apple

Banned

thats the safe play. i say he is a star. he is extremely skilled offensively and is probably the best passing guard in the country. Will make an All Star Team in his Career.

Begin the crush ................

Wow. I will give you credit if that happens sir12io4j2w90

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Reddick was a spot up nshooter who needed a PG to drive and kick it to him for wide open 3s. Curry handles the ball, has no other offensive threats on his team, gets double teamed and still scores 40+ on the road against a very good team and had his team in it at the end. This guy is as good as it gets in college. He creates his own shots. Who doesn't need a pick when you are double teamed?

This is not true at all. Reddick was not a spot up shooter in college AT ALL. The whole offense was run around him. You can't be a spot up shooter when you're the best shooter in the game. They never left Reddick and spot up shooters get left.

I hate Duke and I hate Reddick, but he was one of the 5 best shooters I've ever seen in my life in College. Reddick came off screens, and that's how the offense was run.

Not true. He's more creative around the basket, that's true but he isn't great with off the dribble. He gets by a lot of guys in college because his shot is so feared. There are a lot of great shooters in the NBA and he'll need to improve other aspects of his game.

Reddick could get to the rack. He was just a retarded idiot and wasn't very creative around the basket. Curry is creative, but it'll be tough for him to get as many looks against guards who are 6'5 and 6'6 and much more athletic than he is. That's all I'm saying.

That being said, I love to watch him play. He has a knack for making the big shot as well. He's lethal in college.

He will be playing the point in the NBA.. no 6'6 guys playing the point

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Curry is far from the best passing guard in the country.