Curt Schilling running for Congress in Arizona

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
He bankrupted a gaming company and owes RI a ton of money.......based on recent history he's a winner.

As much as Schilling loves Der Fuhrer - we know Fearless Leader will stump for Schilling and in AZ that should help. Which says all we need to know about both asshats and the state of AZ

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
On the cusp of being in the MLB Hall of Fame and might ultimately make it...............His failed video game venture is one of the epic business ( and brain lapse) fails of all time and is mind boggling. As I understand it Curt with his can't miss project with a net worth of 50 Million Dollars BLEW IT ALL (!!!) PLUS received and dusted off another 75 Million from - other people's money -Rhode Island's money. A guy with 50 million dollars and he takes a 125 million dollar "chance" on something.
Stating the obvious that was not obvious to Mr. Schilling:
with 50 Million dollars-
taking a 2 or a 3 Million Dollar shot at whatever you want for whatever reason is fine and dandy, With 50 Million taking a 125 Million Dollar crack at whatever is
automatically incorrect.
Let's Correlate this to gambling : Whatever bet you identify as worthy
remember
Do not ever over bet your bankroll,

On the cusp of being in the MLB Hall of Fame and might ultimately make it...............His failed video game venture is one of the epic business ( and brain lapse) fails of all time and is mind boggling. As I understand it Curt with his can't miss project with a net worth of 50 Million Dollars BLEW IT ALL (!!!) PLUS received and dusted off another 75 Million from - other people's money -Rhode Island's money. A guy with 50 million dollars and he takes a 125 million dollar "chance" on something.
Stating the obvious that was not obvious to Mr. Schilling:
with 50 Million dollars-
taking a 2 or a 3 Million Dollar shot at whatever you want for whatever reason is fine and dandy, With 50 Million taking a 125 Million Dollar crack at whatever is
automatically incorrect.
Let's Correlate this to gambling : Whatever bet you identify as worthy
remember
Do not ever over bet your bankroll,

Schilling bilked Rhode Island out of millions not long after he was constantly publicly whining about government bail outs.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
Rhode Island- who went in for 75 Million Dollars- ultimately " settled " for 2.5 million from Schilling and his partners to "resolve" the matter.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I think what ends up happening to most above average athletes is they go mentally unstable after they retire because they have so much free time on their hands. Sometimes they still live and think like they're still playing.....

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I think what ends up happening to most above average athletes is they go mentally unstable after they retire because they have so much free time on their hands. Sometimes they still live and think like they're still playing.....
He was nutso toward the end of his career. Espn likes that so they hired him. They didn’t know he was a far-righter though.

kane

EOG master
He was nutso toward the end of his career. Espn likes that so they hired him. They didn’t know he was a far-righter though.

I actually enjoyed his commentary in the booth, and I don't think ESPN had a problem with him being on the alt right, they only had a problem when he started spewing his right wing political viewpoints, he was warned about it, but persisted anyway. Remember, this is the same network that hired Rush Limbaugh, and he only got fired after his racist take on Donovan McNabb

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I actually enjoyed his commentary in the booth, and I don't think ESPN had a problem with him being on the alt right, they only had a problem when he started spewing his right wing political viewpoints, he was warned about it, but persisted anyway. Remember, this is the same network that hired Rush Limbaugh, and he only got fired after his racist take on Donovan McNabb
He was brutal. They did give Jemele Hill a lot of rope though.

Don Eagleston

EOG Addicted
Schill's wife and some of his kids have a skin condition that causes cancer. They really can't be out in the sun. That's why Schill wanted the trade to Boston. I am surprised he is moving, or at least pretending to move, to Arizona. Of course, he will spend most of his time in DC in the unlikely event he is elected.