D-Rose TIME! Bulls vs Heat and Lakers vs Spurs In-Game

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows
Re: D-Rose TIME! Bulls vs Heat and Lakers vs Spurs In-Game

No difference in assessing which team is better I meant.
Yeah, but going 3-0 vs. a team certainly could state to the contrary. You win 3 straight close games vs a team that gives you an advantage vs them heading into the next games if it gets close late. The late game struggles have become a trend for the Heat lately and it's no longer a random thing.

High Times

EOG Master

Yeah, but going 3-0 vs. a team certainly could state to the contrary. You win 3 straight close games vs a team that gives you an advantage vs them heading into the next games if it gets close late. The late game struggles have become a trend for the Heat lately and it's no longer a random thing.

That and they have no big men so LeBron is going to have to get tough!

And now they "The Heat" knows they are a long way from winning anything.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

If the refs call a foul and put Lebron on the line there (or choose not to call the questionable foul on Miller there), the Heat win by 1 point. This very easily could have happened, but it didn't. If the ref swallows his whistle on Deng's missed FT, does that change which team is better? Of course not. Meaningless discrepancy in terms of predictive value (which is what gamblers should be concerned with anyway).

Btw, I agree HT with the big men issue.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Everyone jumping on the Big Men issue, the lack of half court offense and a lack of 1 defensive post presence are just repeating what I said the day the team was assembled. I've been calling that their issue since their stupid little party when they hadn't won anything.

Now on to the Spurs vs. Lakers. Tough call for me as I root for Kobe and Duncan, but I like the Spurs more than the Lakers and MANUUUUUU is the shit so go Spurs!

Perfect Storm

EOG Enthusiast

If the refs call a foul and put Lebron on the line there (or choose not to call the questionable foul on Miller there), the Heat win by 1 point. This very easily could have happened, but it didn't. If the ref swallows his whistle on Deng's missed FT, does that change which team is better? Of course not. Meaningless discrepancy in terms of predictive value (which is what gamblers should be concerned with anyway).

Btw, I agree HT with the big men issue.

Ifs and buts who cares the Heat suck -5 was laughable and D Rose is a straight gangsta just give him the MVP and Thibeadua coach of the year ASAP

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Matt Bonner shoots like my grampa and it goes in every time.

High Times

EOG Master

Everyone jumping on the Big Men issue, the lack of half court offense and a lack of 1 defensive post presence are just repeating what I said the day the team was assembled. I've been calling that their issue since their stupid little party when they hadn't won anything.

Now on to the Spurs vs. Lakers. Tough call for me as I root for Kobe and Duncan, but I like the Spurs more than the Lakers and MANUUUUUU is the shit so go Spurs!

Basketball is/has always been about the big man!

Just like North Carolina yesterday proved big men win BIG GAMES.

And Duke last year and the Lakers the last 2 years and Duncan and Shaq and Garnett the last 10 years.

That will never change

High Times

EOG Master

Jump shooting and great passing guards look cool, but

They don't win championships

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Basketball is/has always been about the big man!

Just like North Carolina yesterday proved big men win BIG GAMES.

And Duke last year and the Lakers the last 2 years and Duncan and Shaq and Garnett the last 10 years.

That will never change

But Big Men don't win games in college basketball - we've gone over this already.

You also don't think Michael Jordan is one of the 10 best players of all-time so I take your views on big men to be slightly outrageous.

LOL at Duke last year. What am I looked at exactly? jajaja their perimeter dominated offense? College basketball is dominated by the 3 pointer and the perimeter.

High Times

EOG Master

But Big Men don't win games in college basketball - we've gone over this already.

You also don't think Michael Jordan is one of the 10 best players of all-time so I take your views on big men to be slightly outrageous.

LOL at Duke last year. What am I looked at exactly? jajaja their perimeter dominated offense? College basketball is dominated by the 3 pointer and the perimeter.

Not if Bruce Webber is your coach :LMAO

Holy smokes im glad i didnt get on the spurs! I was so close to doing it too.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Sorry, 1-14.

Somehow 2-5 is 13% to ESPN.

I just saw them report this stat on ESPN. Gotta love the commentators saying it's "BY FAR THE WORST" in the league as they displayed the graphic of them going 1-16 (which should be 1-15 in my opinion, dubious to count one possession as two; do they factor full court heaves as "game tying" situations? What about multiple tip-in attempts at the buzzer?). The next three places? 1-8. So if the Lebron makes a layup today, they go from BY FAR THE WORST to in a pack with 5 other teams. Nothing like extreme data-mined bullshit. Drawing conclusions from this reminds me of those Thursday Night GOY WINNERZ where the reasoning is that Pac 10 road dogs are 10-1 ATS in Thursday night games in the central time zone with a humidity 10% above average.