Daily Wager Broadcast: Nets@Sixers

The daily wager team at ESPN is going to broadcast this game tonight from a betting angle. ESPN2. game tips 4pm. Should be interesting to see how in depth they get with terminology and in-game strategy.

The daily wager team at ESPN is going to broadcast this game tonight from a betting angle. ESPN2. game tips 4pm. Should be interesting to see how in depth they get with terminology and in-game strategy.

I cut the cord so I'm missing this, but be interested to hear what they say. I had a discussion with someone who has some media ties and they said this is a really tough spot for the broadcasters. Its one thing pre-game to say hey I like the Sixers -9.5, its another to say during the game I'm thinking you bet this to happen on the next play or some other near term event. His reason being think about it, most of us realize a team or players aren't going to throw a game, but suspicions will come about some seemingly irrelevant event. This is why a lot of states banned college props, they rightly or wrongly felt like it made it easy to profit on some random event and no one would notice. Like you told the star player I'm betting against you or betting on someone else to make the first basket of the game. Well here you have the issue of someone saying gee maybe this announcer knew what was going on or had somehow impacted this play. All of us regulars know that's not likely to be the case, but some noob who never really bets on sports could watch this and easily think that.

So the question is do these guys just sort of comment on "oh that just hit for +500" and avoid predicting or giving advice for future bets, or will their instincts of I like something to happen lead them to say things that bring some average Joe to wonder if they are in on something?