Dave Cokin, portrait of a fraud tout

skinny

EOG Addicted
……….THE STARDUST SHOW was at it's height with LEE PETE, DONNY BADER, and JIM BROWN.

Of course, few forumville posters recall those days.
Lee Pete and Donny bader from the castaways.
Lee Pete Jim brown and Joe Ragusa from the stardust on Friday night.

Heim

EOG Master
Pervert like weinstein

True......I visited Lee Pete and Cokin when they were at the Imperial Palace......Went up and introduced myself and girlfriend
to Cokin. Fucker spent the whole radio break flirting with her lol.....More Cokin when he sat next to Laila Ali at
some boxing function actually posting something that he actually had a chance with her. Fucker....

MrTop

EOG Master
He wins at every site he goes to. Amazing. I have seen him pick opposite side same game at different sites. Still does not lose. Game was cancelled.

ChuckyG

EOG Master
Jesus this needs more details. Full story please.

I don't have much more than that. But I think people would corroborate that story.

He used to show the backs of the physical tickets on the SAT morning Proline show. But then he moved to offshore, so he wouldn't have to deal with it.

ChuckyG

EOG Master
I've talked about Cokin in the past. I've always thought Cokin was the BEST tout. Or the LEAST BAD tout, if u will.

Some of my thoughts go back to the Stone Age. Specifically, I can go back 25+ years. Remember when Feist put out the Preview mags for NFL/NBA/CollBask? Don't laugh, those mags had some value.

That goes back to pre-Internet or very early days of the Internet. Therefore, information was much harder to find. The Feist mags had GameLogs for all teams. And some of the cappers like Cokin would dole out some tips on technical handicapping. At a time when information was sparse, those writeups had some value.

That's a LONG time ago. But I feel confident saying that Cokin WAS at one time a winning capper. Sites ran handicapping contests + Cokin won several of them. Keep in mind that the LINES were much softer then.

Scroll forward 25 years. Lines are much sharper. Information flows like the wind. I don't know about Cokin's RECENT track record. I think it's fair to say that he should stick to MLB/CollFB/CollBask, if he was honest about it.

slyone66

EOG Master
Dave Cokin

5% NL GOM

CUBS +100 (Fried-Alzolay)

First start for Adbert Alzolay, who I have pegged as the best pitching prospect in the Cubs organization. My tendency to back first time starters is in play here, once again with the unfamiliarity on the part of the hitters a big key. But unlike some lesser talents who I've backed successfully, Alzolay is a kid with a chance to stick right away in the Cubs rotation. His fastball is now mid-90's and he's touching 98. Good curve that generates swings and misses. If the changeup continues to improve, we're looking at a potential #1-2 starter. Alzolay has been terrific at AAA, and got his big league feet wet with a very impressive four inning relief stint against the Mets. Max Fried pitches for the Braves, so this is no cinch. Fried, although he's been a little shaky lately, has been mostly good for Atlanta and they have a good team record when he throws. The Cubs are not as potent offensively against lefties, so this isn't perfect. But I like the idea of backing Alzolay and the price is definitely right. Cubs are the choice.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I've talked about Cokin in the past. I've always thought Cokin was the BEST tout. Or the LEAST BAD tout, if u will.

Some of my thoughts go back to the Stone Age. Specifically, I can go back 25+ years. Remember when Feist put out the Preview mags for NFL/NBA/CollBask? Don't laugh, those mags had some value.

That goes back to pre-Internet or very early days of the Internet. Therefore, information was much harder to find. The Feist mags had GameLogs for all teams. And some of the cappers like Cokin would dole out some tips on technical handicapping. At a time when information was sparse, those writeups had some value.

That's a LONG time ago. But I feel confident saying that Cokin WAS at one time a winning capper. Sites ran handicapping contests + Cokin won several of them. Keep in mind that the LINES were much softer then.

Scroll forward 25 years. Lines are much sharper. Information flows like the wind. I don't know about Cokin's RECENT track record. I think it's fair to say that he should stick to MLB/CollFB/CollBask, if he was honest about it.

One sales trick Cokin likes to use: He says don't trust his NFL selections, thus implying his college football plays are trustworthy.

Slick.

MrTop

EOG Master
very true. Does the same with his MLB selections. He says the VI plays are low grade. If you want the top plays 5k for MLB and you get the burner cell phone number with it .

texaswizzard

EOG Dedicated
The funniest thing about these touts is that guys like Cokin claim they don't know what goes on at the sales office. They know exactly how the salesman pitch and could tell you how much the office or their salesman sold every single day. They would claim in public that they had no clue but when having dinner with them a few of them would laugh at how stupid the public was and tell some of the craziest stories and that they logged in to see sales figures if not everyday or every other day. Why? Because they get a percentage of the sales. How do I know? I own a bank that processes credit cards for over 60 handicappers.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Dave Cokin

5% NL GOM

CUBS +100 (Fried-Alzolay)

First start for Adbert Alzolay, who I have pegged as the best pitching prospect in the Cubs organization. My tendency to back first time starters is in play here, once again with the unfamiliarity on the part of the hitters a big key. But unlike some lesser talents who I've backed successfully, Alzolay is a kid with a chance to stick right away in the Cubs rotation. His fastball is now mid-90's and he's touching 98. Good curve that generates swings and misses. If the changeup continues to improve, we're looking at a potential #1-2 starter. Alzolay has been terrific at AAA, and got his big league feet wet with a very impressive four inning relief stint against the Mets. Max Fried pitches for the Braves, so this is no cinch. Fried, although he's been a little shaky lately, has been mostly good for Atlanta and they have a good team record when he throws. The Cubs are not as potent offensively against lefties, so this isn't perfect. But I like the idea of backing Alzolay and the price is definitely right. Cubs are the choice.

He is releasing this as a GOM 5% play and wagertalk is discounting him today. PLUS read his write up. How many times does he bring up points that make this play less worthy but is jamming it through anyway.

Maybe the site needs a big play to make up for the Marco disaster.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
The funniest thing about these touts is that guys like Cokin claim they don't know what goes on at the sales office. They know exactly how the salesman pitch and could tell you how much the office or their salesman sold every single day. They would claim in public that they had no clue but when having dinner with them a few of them would laugh at how stupid the public was and tell some of the craziest stories and that they logged in to see sales figures if not everyday or every other day. Why? Because they get a percentage of the sales. How do I know? I own a bank that processes credit cards for over 60 handicappers.

What kind of numbers are we talking about for baseball season and football?

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
He is releasing this as a GOM 5% play and wagertalk is discounting him today. PLUS read his write up. How many times does he bring up points that make this play less worthy but is jamming it through anyway.

Maybe the site needs a big play to make up for the Marco disaster.

what was the Marco disaster?

this is the site that does the youtube videos with the "prez"?

I like drew martin, so i'll watch some when he is on

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
what was the Marco disaster?

this is the site that does the youtube videos with the "prez"?

I like drew martin, so i'll watch some when he is on

Yes. Prez and I believe Marco are co-owners of wagertalk.com Drew runs the sportsmemo side....which wagertalk bought out this past year. So it's all under one umbrella now.

The Marco disaster. See below.

texaswizzard

EOG Dedicated
Here's how the tout sites like Prescam & Wagerloss work. The Prez or whoever is in control that day and RJ Bell send out an e mail to a particular tout and says it's your day. You need to throw out a Game of the Week or Game of the Month today. You then are expected to find that game that they can promote and hopefully win. It's ALL about sales.