Defeating The Evil Empire

lastyle7

EOG Veteran
QB6 young jedi knight, follow the force as you continue your journey.

Last edited by a moderator:

choslamshe

EOG Master
I think he was making note that next week's matchup between the Bills/Ravens features the top 2 teams in the league.

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
Brings to mind a similiar situation back when most posters here weren’t born (but I remember vividly)

1974 season AFC championship.
Before the game, it was billed as Super Bowl 8 1/2.
2-time defending Super Bowl champs Miami Dolphins, coming off their undefeated 72 team and a substantially better 73 team, vs my Oakland Raiders, who ended the Dolphins’ record win streak earlier, and most thought the best team in the league.
Seemingly the 2 best teams in the league, by far.
Most people know it for the ‘Sea of Hands’ play, a falling Stabler passing to normally butterfingers Cliff Branch with @ 4 Dolphins around him for game winning TD (“Meredith’s famous “He’s got it! He’s got it!’)
But the Steelers had just started to gel the last few games, with a tremendous defense, and crushed the Colts that weak.
Steelers beat my SB 8 1/2 winners, & it wasn’t a fluke

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Brings to mind a similiar situation back when most posters here weren’t born (but I remember vividly)

1974 season AFC championship.
Before the game, it was billed as Super Bowl 8 1/2.
2-time defending Super Bowl champs Miami Dolphins, coming off their undefeated 72 team and a substantially better 73 team, vs my Oakland Raiders, who ended the Dolphins’ record win streak earlier, and most thought the best team in the league.
Seemingly the 2 best teams in the league, by far.
Most people know it for the ‘Sea of Hands’ play, a falling Stabler passing to normally butterfingers Cliff Branch with @ 4 Dolphins around him for game winning TD (“Meredith’s famous “He’s got it! He’s got it!’)
But the Steelers had just started to gel the last few games, with a tremendous defense, and crushed the Colts that weak.
Steelers beat my SB 8 1/2 winners, & it wasn’t a fluke
And Pitt totally shut down Minn in the SB.