Detroit Lions 2022 Season Thread

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
When the Lions would travel to cold weather places like Chicago or GB, him in his snow suit made him look like the Michelin Man

1661531739364.png

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Dan Campbell looks and acts like a great coach but then you had the 17 kickoffs. If he doesn't learn and improve this year, stick a fork in him.

Heim

EOG Master
I like Campbell too. But rah, rah former players, player's coaches, never last long in the NFL.

It's great he can do burpees with the team, but they're brought in to motivate with management not understanding they don't have the dudes to motivate.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Lions cut their other backup QB David Blough.... they expect to sign 49er QB Nate Sudfeld. This comes a day after cutting their other backup Tim Boyle....both played horrible in the final preseason game.

kane

EOG master
I like Campbell too. But rah, rah former players, player's coaches, never last long in the NFL.

It's great he can do burpees with the team, but they're brought in to motivate with management not understanding they don't have the dudes to motivate.
Campbell was the tight ends coach for Miami several years ago under Joe Philbin, when Philbin got fired they made him the interim coach, his first day of practice he had the players doing Oklahoma drills, that's the kind of guy he is, Mr Tough, if I'm not mistaken Oklahoma drills have since been banned from the league

Heim

EOG Master
Just based on the few times I've been off or on them, they go as Swift goes. When he was out, they're a different team.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
I was out if town this weekend... but I heard Ford Field was rocking early on. Sold out and they sold out SRO tickets for $78 each. Good back and forth game. Defense is still horrific. We saw this in preseason. Offense has playmakers, I think someone commented should have a lot of overs. Myself, I played the Lions season under 6.5 wins, got +115.

On a side note, why is Lions former HC Matt Patricia, a so called defensive guru calling plays for NE was the OC????

Murphy’s Best

EOG Dedicated
If the Lions do not win this game it will be a LONG season for them… Can’t lose 2 at home to start the season! I expect their best effort but will it be good enough.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
I believe Washington is a live dog. Against Detroit's poor defense, I look for Wash to have a decent running game and using lots of clock. Detroit missing Ragnow and 3 other starters including Swift who are questionable. Lions haven't been a favorite in 24 games, and they should never be favored against anyone right now. There is bound to be 1 or 2 poor coaching decisions by Campbell who has documented horrible clock management I bet Washingon ML +100. Good luck.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
24 games underdogs is an amazing stat. That means dogs every home game last year. This is the stuff of their winless team.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Won of the greatest blocks of all time any position and for sure running back. Can you Ron Duguay say concussion? May have contributed to Hunter's early thank you.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
This is very simple and I'll be pithy about it. Coach Dan Campbell soup for brains made the decision to kick a fg on something that should have been a brain memory choice between 1st down and punt. There were only 2 options. It's not that he chose wrong. He chose an option that should not have been in his addled brain. When you add this to last year's bonehead moves, he has removed any doubt he is unfit to be head football coach. He will be thanked. The script is set in Roger Stone. Only a question of when the final Lisa Page is read. Another failed Detroit Lions coach.