Detroit Lions 2022 Season Thread

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Here is the long awaited Detroit Lions 2022 season thread.

Will start off with the strangest dichotomy this season:

The odds of Dan Campbell to be the first coach fired this season is +1000

Odds to be first #NFL coach fired in 2022 (@betonline_ag):
Matt Rhule (+300)
Mike McCarthy (+500)
Pete Carroll (+600)
Frank Reich (+700)
Ron Rivera (+800)
Kevin Stefanski (10/1)
Dan Campbell (10/1)
Kliff Kingsbury (12/1)
Mike Vrabel (12/1)
Robert Saleh (14/1)
Arthur Smith (14/1)

Dan Campbell is also the favorite at +1200 to be voted coach of the year!

Anyway, the Lions have become a public betting team after their appearance on HBO's Hard Knocks.

NFL bettors absolutely love the Lions, who are getting their 'Hard Knocks' close up

For the August 2022 EOG Challenge, I did take the Lions +1 in their opening preseason game (the only pre season home game) which is tonight. I see the line is now Lions -2.5. So maybe I will catch a break.

Stay tuned with further insight to the Lions from a betting perspective all this seaons.

Dell Dude, what say you?

kane

EOG master
Matt Rhule (+300)
Mike McCarthy (+500)
Pete Carroll (+600)
Frank Reich (+700)
Ron Rivera (+800)
Kevin Stefanski (10/1)
Dan Campbell (10/1)
Kliff Kingsbury (12/1)
Mike Vrabel (12/1)
Robert Saleh (14/1)
Arthur Smith (14/1)
This is not an official play, but just glancing at this list, I think there's value with Kingsbury. Jerry isn't firing McCarthy in season unless things go terribly bad for them, assuming Mayfield is their starter, Ruhl should win enough games to keep his job, Carroll isn't getting fired, maybe Rivera if Wentz shits the bed, Stefanski is safe imo, if Watson gets suspended for any length of time he can't be blamed, I think Reich is safe as well, and if things go wrong for Detroit, let's be honest, things always go wrong for Detroit, so I think Campbell is safe, which leads to KK, I've never thought much of him as a head coach, and there are big expectations in Arizona, if they struggle early on I can see a scenario where he gets the blame and is let go. More than likely I'll end up with a future on KK being the first coach fired.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
The Lions season win total under is 6.5 +126 at Pinny, I will be fading them, and playing under at some point. Because of the Hard Knocks exposure everyone is acting like this is the greatest team. The public is all over the Lions. Maybe Dell Dude is the public, but I can't see this team winning more than 6. Campbell is a mediocre coach at best who relies on all kinds of gimmicks. He's a buffoon. Last season Campbell set a NFL record for going for it on 4th downs, they also set a record for conversions going 21 for 41 in their attempts. Their draft was good, but it will take time to develop and continue to solidify positions. We were 3-13-1 in 2021, and maybe they will improve 3 games, but not much beyond that. I've never seen a team more hyped who has not proven anything.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I am high on Goof. Have always been high on him. He's not the greatest quarterback in the history of football but he is good lick enough to lead a great team to the Super Show because he did it. Not going to lead an average team. Good team, he'll keep you in contention. Great trade despite Stafford lifting the trophy. Rare great trade for both teams.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Falcons moving the ball down the Lions throat on their first drive, hence the issue that will be the downfall of the Lions, poor defense. 7-7.

Heim

EOG Master
I'm not sure how good Hutchinson is going to be. He's a lot smaller than I thought.

TE Hockenson had no problem laying him out in practice.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Hockenson laid out Hutchinson?

Detroit broadcasters will need to enunciate clearly this season.

Last night, I listened to the ninth inning of the Giants-Rockies game when Bard faced Bart.

Daniel Bard struck out Joey Bart.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
I'm not sure how good Hutchinson is going to be. He's a lot smaller than I thought.

TE Hockenson had no problem laying him out in practice.
I think Hutch is all hype too.

The bottom line with this team, as long as the Ford family is involved, they will always be 2nd class citizens of the NFL

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Irony. Lions is a stay classy organization non football related. Suck football. So a good place to go if you are a coach or player if winning playoff games isn't mandatory. Look at Stafford. He had a comfortable losing career.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Moster Ford wanted to win. His old lady and young lady and shit son want to win. They can't because they're losers.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
This should be it for pee season. Play for real next weekend. Instead, another week of pee season while college starts then an off week. Then of course 18 weeks of regular season that will push the Super Show to the middle of February. Should be 16 girl uninterrupted weeks, wild card, divisional, conference, paw bowl, Super Show. Finished late January.

Heim

EOG Master
It was nice seeing the segment on the Brown family.

They live in Anaheim Hills, kids went to Mater Dei.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Lions pushed after the failed 2 pt attempt by Indy, the game soars over the total. Didn't watch much today, too much going on.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
This weekend was the Woodard Dream Cruise in Detroit, if you're a fan of old cars, hot rods, muscle cars, this is the place to be!

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
This weekend was the Woodard Dream Cruise in Detroit, if you're a fan of old cars, hot rods, muscle cars, this is the place to be!

Pretty good pic of Bob Segar at this. My friends came up from Mississippi to cruise Woodward.

choslamshe

EOG Master
See a lot of Lions overs this year. Bad defense, will be playing catchup a lot, but with Swift's development, I think Goff will have a good year with some of the young weapons surrounding him. Likely still a 6-10 team at best.

railbird

EOG Master
Here is the long awaited Detroit Lions 2022 season thread.

Will start off with the strangest dichotomy this season:

The odds of Dan Campbell to be the first coach fired this season is +1000

Matt Rhule (+300)
Mike McCarthy (+500)
Pete Carroll (+600)
Frank Reich (+700)
Ron Rivera (+800)
Kevin Stefanski (10/1)
Dan Campbell (10/1)
Kliff Kingsbury (12/1)
Mike Vrabel (12/1)
Robert Saleh (14/1)
Arthur Smith (14/1)

Dan Campbell is also the favorite at +1200 to be voted coach of the year!

Anyway, the Lions have become a public betting team after their appearance on HBO's Hard Knocks.

NFL bettors absolutely love the Lions, who are getting their 'Hard Knocks' close up

For the August 2022 EOG Challenge, I did take the Lions +1 in their opening preseason game (the only pre season home game) which is tonight. I see the line is now Lions -2.5. So maybe I will catch a break.

Stay tuned with further insight to the Lions from a betting perspective all this seaons.

Dell Dude, what say you?
pete carroll, seahwaks start 0-8

railbird

EOG Master
It was nice seeing the segment on the Brown family.

They live in Anaheim Hills, kids went to Mater Dei.
funny how the ghetto narrative in mainstream media is. most pros parents are millionaires, its exspenisve to play ball