Detroit Lions 2022 Season Thread

Heim

EOG Master
IMO....DET outplayed Dallas. I can see why they got money. Williams doesn't fumble on the one inch
line before the half, it's a different story.

Moreover, they give Dallas the ball on the 20 when clearly a recovery outside the end zone.

Score was definitely not indicative of what really happened. Geez, they led at the half.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Stop making excuses for them. That they outplayed Dallas and lost is on the Lions.They were going to lose that game even if every call, every break went their Christopher Wray.

boston massacre

EOG Master
IMO....DET outplayed Dallas. I can see why they got money. Williams doesn't fumble on the one inch
line before the half, it's a different story.

Moreover, they give Dallas the ball on the 20 when clearly a recovery outside the end zone.

Score was definitely not indicative of what really happened. Geez, they led at the half.

Detroit Might Have Outplayed Them In The 1st Half.

Dallas Smoked Them In The 2nd Half. 21-0.

Detroit Committed 5 Turnovers.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Stop making excuses for them. That they outplayed Dallas and lost is on the Lions.They were going to lose that game even if every call, every break went their Christopher Wray.
Agreed, they are a miserable football team from top to bottom. Just when you thought you have seen it all, the lions lose like this. Goff is the league leader in interceptions since 2019. Campbell is in over his head. Ownership doesn't care enough to win. They have never quite had the right people managing the team. Out of the bye week and totally unprepared is on coaching. Teams that were in the basement with us are now winning, as this league is designed for quick turnarounds. How bad were the giants, jets and even Buffalo for many years now. Yet, Lions keep squandering away season after season.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Detroit Might Have Outplayed Them In The 1st Half.

Dallas Smoked Them In The 2nd Half. 21-0.

Detroit Committed 5 Turnovers.

Exactly, with all due respect heim, how can you say the Lions outplayed Dallas when you committed 5 turnovers that led to all the scoring?

A symptom of Lions football through recent times, they never play 4 full quarters. Sunday is a key example. That's how Stafford got all his passing yards in garbage time, they would fall behind like 14-0 , 21-0 then pass pass pass...hence Staffords famous nickname, Pat Statford

kane

EOG master
The Lions might be live this week, of course there's a chance Tua and Co. shred their defense, but Miami is dealing with cluster injuries in their secondary, last week their starting safety went down, Xavien Howard is their only healthy starter, I can see Goff having a big day as well, really hoping Brown and Swift play as I'm giving the Lions a hard look this week

Dell Dude

EOG Master
The Lions might be live this week, of course there's a chance Tua and Co. shred their defense, but Miami is dealing with cluster injuries in their secondary, last week their starting safety went down, Xavien Howard is their only healthy starter, I can see Goff having a big day as well, really hoping Brown and Swift play as I'm giving the Lions a hard look this week

If they score 40, Tua will score 43. Every game, offense or defense played good enough to win but the defense or offense blew it.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated

Kane, I have to agree with you here. It's not like the Lions will lose the remainder of their games. At home, they haven't really played that bad, coming off two horrible road losses on either side of the bye week, and with regression to the mean, they are bound to play better. Swift should be back, St. Brown will play, Lions should be able to throw all over Miami. They are definitely live here. Current #'s at Pinnacle are Lions +3.5 with a total of 51

kane

EOG master
Jim Caldwell went 36-28 coaching the Lions and he got fired, since then they've gone 18-51. Instead of firing him, they should have built a fucking statue of him outside the stadium

Dell Dude

EOG Master
And they would have beaten the Cowboys in the playoffs if not for a pathetic no call. 2 no calls. Should have went for it on 4th down.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
And they would have beaten the Cowboys in the playoffs if not for a pathetic no call. 2 no calls. Should have went for it on 4th down.
I wasn't a fan of Caldwell.....even though he was basically the most successful coach in Lions history. His conservatism at times were just questionable. At least Campbell would have gone for it on 4th down, you know that.

If you listen to the Valenti clip from yesterday, there is a caller into the show who is spot on.....the owners of the Lions are old money, vs some of the owners in today's NFL who are self made billionaires. Also, the Ford ownership has always hired their own executives as team president, etc. A bunch of yes men, etc. This vicious cycle continues through the generations.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
This just out, which is a case in point....

Capture.JPG

Meanwhile in Denver.......hence you see the problem in Detroit, nothing ever changes. With the owner basically giving an endorsement to this baffoon, there is no fire lit under his ass!

Capture1.JPG

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Here is what the Lions owner Sheila Hamp had to say on the state of the Lions yesterday. She is so delusional!

Last edited:

Dell Dude

EOG Master
She is doing to be best she can but come on. If Fredo Jr is not up to the job, sell or hire someone competent. Like a blind trust owner.

kane

EOG master
Game played out pretty much as expected, don't understand the 4th down deep pass, I'll take the push and move on