Detroit Lions 2022 Season Thread

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Lions outscored 48-0 in the second half of their last three games…wake up call for their coaching staff…

The Lions owner last week gave the GM and Dan Campbell her full support, so for at least the rest of this year, no one is in the hot seat and no one's job is on the line.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I am getting Tony Homo to grading the Statsfford/Goof trade a loser because of the back end execution. Front end a winner. That won't change.

kane

EOG master
I don't understand why the Lions would help the best team in their division get better, then again, I don't understand the majority of things that franchise does

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I'd love to cee the texts and emails of other owners, coaches other execs laughing at the Lions. You know they exist.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
It is sad but Truth Social. Russ Thomas be best GM. Mr. Ford be best owner compared to Momma and Daughter Ford. Wayne Fontes be best head ball coach.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
I don't understand why the Lions would help the best team in their division get better, then again, I don't understand the majority of things that franchise does

Hockenson has to be the happiest person in the NFL today. Going from a dysfunctional team to a winning team. You know each time the Vikings play the Lions, Hockenson will go off on them too! I don't think he was ever happy here, but then again, how can anyone be!

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
It is actually a great gig to be a Detroit sports jockey. So much material.

Monday they spoke about the U of M / MSU scuffle in the tunnel all day. Today, was shaping up to be a boring day with the Pistons and Red Wings off, but then boom, the Hockenson trade was announced, free material!!!! Of course we have MACtion tonight too!

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Was in attendance at Ford Field again today vs. Green Bay. Many cheese heads in attendance. The Lions may have played a team worse than themselves. Rogers throws 3 interceptions in the end zone. Stupid penalties by GB extended Lions drives, i.e., a roughing the passer and two roughing calls, etc. Lions didn't really do anything special today. Defense played a little better, with the Rodgers interceptions, so we will take the win in an ugly game. Rodgers of old would have decimated this Lions team. Lions are 2-6. If they go no more than 4-5 the rest of the way, I'll cash my under 6.5 season win bet.

Valuist

EOG Master
Going thru the GB/Detroit box, I really wonder just how bad Detroit is. They should've won by 20 points. Green Bay 0 for 4 in red zone including 2 turnovers? Lions only managed 4.5 yards/play while GB had 5.6. Green Bay 81 penalty yards.

I didn't wait. I bet Chicago minus 2, as I think a good chance this gets to 3.

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
TB only 1 at home vs Seattle. TB 0-4-1 ats at home this year,with no offense. This line would of been 10' before season started.(tb 11 season wins vs seattle 5' before season)

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Going thru the GB/Detroit box, I really wonder just how bad Detroit is. They should've won by 20 points. Green Bay 0 for 4 in red zone including 2 turnovers? Lions only managed 4.5 yards/play while GB had 5.6. Green Bay 81 penalty yards.

I didn't wait. I bet Chicago minus 2, as I think a good chance this gets to 3.

GB played by far the worst game yesterday by any NFL team this season and probably was the worst of Aaron Rodgers career. The Lions interceptions were nothing spectacular, just very poor passes made by AR. Lions offense struggled to move the ball, had some good drives. The defense made a stop at the end of the game when they needed too to win the game to stop Rodgers and secure the win. The Lions never play well in Chicago. Weather is supposed to be chilly, but sunny next week, shouldn't be a factor. Will look to see what Fields rushing yard prop will be. Line already moved to -2.5, got in at that. Will be in Chicago next weekend, but will not be at the game.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
No credit for this win. Rodgers gave it to them.

I couldn't agree more. Besides Rodgers, GB had stupid penalties that extended drives of the Lions as well. There were two unnecessary roughing penalties and a dumb roughing the passer penalty when all the GB defender did was basically pat Goff on top of the helmet and the guy got called for RTP. Rodgers had a few tantrums on the field in the 2nd half yelling at his teammates after a bad play. Matt LaFleur was badly exposed yesterday and this season.

boston massacre

EOG Master
GB played by far the worst game yesterday by any NFL team this season and probably was the worst of Aaron Rodgers career. The Lions interceptions were nothing spectacular, just very poor passes made by AR. Lions offense struggled to move the ball, had some good drives. The defense made a stop at the end of the game when they needed too to win the game to stop Rodgers and secure the win. The Lions never play well in Chicago. Weather is supposed to be chilly, but sunny next week, shouldn't be a factor. Will look to see what Fields rushing yard prop will be. Line already moved to -2.5, got in at that. Will be in Chicago next weekend, but will not be at the game.

Didn't Know That Jets H.C. , Robert Saleh, Is A Detroit Native.

Learned Of It, The Last Time Lions Were Looking For A H.C.

It Said That The Detroit Lion Fan Base, Was Lobbying The Ford Family To Hire Saleh.

Instead They Went With Dan Campbell.

True Story ?

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
All true! Salah was born in Dearborn, MI and went to Fordson High School. Dearborn borders the City of Detroit to the west. Salah also coached at Michigan St and Central Michigan. Yes, the fan base would have preferred Salah who was a known commodity vs Campbell. But for Salah's career, it probably was the best choice to stay away from the dysfunctional franchise known as the Detroit Lions. I'm happy to see him doing well in NY.

Didn't Know That Jets H.C. , Robert Saleh, Is A Detroit Native.

Learned Of It, The Last Time Lions Were Looking For A H.C.

It Said That The Detroit Lion Fan Base, Was Lobbying The Ford Family To Hire Saleh.

Instead They Went With Dan Campbell.

True Story ?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Ive been playing it every week. I’m guessing in the 55-60 yard range. The better play may be his rushing attempts, around 9.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
As predicted, the Lions can't stop Fields and the Bears. Lions are doing their typical 2nd half disappearing act, lifeless as the Bears go up 14.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Fields just had a 67 yard run taking it to the house, as Bears go back up after the Lions first pick 6 in 4+ years.

Missed PAT, Lions down 30-24.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Bears with a critical missed PAT, Lions score a TD to win 31-30 and the Lions move to 3-6 as Dan Campbell gets his first road win.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221113-160002_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221113-160002_Gallery.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 0