Detroit Lions 2022 Season Thread

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Detroit was the right side here. As the great JK would say, Buffalo won the game but Detroit won the money.

Detroit may have gotten some national respect from their play the past month. Maybe brighter days are ahead?

Valuist

EOG Master
Buffalo became the first team to win back to back games at Ford Field since the Lions did it in 2016. Pretty crazy.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
If that is indeed Truth Social, I want to check if a non home team has ever accomplished this feat. I'm going to Ron Duguay say no. Big Ben only other possibility in recent bad memory.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
What do the Detroit guys think of this line move?
Sewell and Okudah should be back vs Jax after clearing concussion protocols. Thought i heard Jamaal Williams missed practice Wednesday due to an illness but he should be in the lineup as well. Maybe that news tilted the line movement towards Detroit?

Heim

EOG Master
Sewell and Okudah should be back vs Jax after clearing concussion protocols. Thought i heard Jamaal Williams missed practice Wednesday due to an illness but he should be in the lineup as well. Maybe that news tilted the line movement towards Detroit?

DET opened as fav. It was all Jax money yesterday.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Should be interesting to see how Jameson Williams plays vs the Jags. He tore an ACL in the championship game for Bama last year. Lions traded up to draft him at #12.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Lions looking good, after Jax's Etienne turns it over, Lions marched down the field to strike first, 7-0. Williams with his lead leading 14th TD.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Jax is a dead side today. Lions looking good. Had a Xmas party last night gave up my tix for today....enjoying the game on the couch

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Not that I agree with it, but for kicks, Nate Silver's fivethirtyeight.com has the Lions' chances of making the playoffs going from 8% to 13% with a Jax win today.

Then beating Minn in week 14 and @ the Jets week 15, playoff odds go to 43%!

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Not that I agree with it, but for kicks, Nate Silver's fivethirtyeight.com has the Lions' chances of making the playoffs going from 8% to 13% with a Jax win today.

Then beating Minn in week 14 and @ the Jets week 15, playoff odds go to 43%!

They dig themselves a hole the first part of the season starting out 1-6. They have a lot of draft picks, including the Rams first pick as part of the Stafford trade. That will result in a top 10 pick. Regardless what happens this season, hard to believe that the future is bright for the Lions.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Lions put up a 40 burger.... they are the only team to avg 25 or more points with a losing record. Glad I bought out my under 6.5 season win total.

MrTop

EOG Master
lions spanked me good. What a beating i took.. Biggest loss of the year for me . jAX +14.5 loser. twilight zone picks.. i have to give a great pick to the lion backers

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Lions are currently +1 vs the Vikings with a total of 52.

Unfortunately, I will be out of town this Sunday and will not be on hand at Ford Field.

The place should be rocking.

After the Vikings game, the final home game will be on New Years Day vs Chicago.

I'm being optimistically cautious about this team. But one can't deny there is lots of promise for the future, especially if they have a great draft.

Maybe they will finally get it right?

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Will come down to catching the GIants or Seahawks. Fuck the Lions. I need Giants to beat Eagles twice and need Seattle to take the division now that Grappo is done.