EOG Master
If not ...

ya do now:

of all the pitchers who've won at least 200 games:

he has the best strikeout-to-walk ratio (4.38) of anybody in history

WOW .... I FORGOT ABOUT THAT LITTLE "GEM"

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Re: Did ya know this about Curt Schilling?

He is the Don Drysdale of our age group as CNNSI said and that sums it up nicely

I agree with them

He won't be a 1st ballot HOFer

driver8

EOG Addicted

During the '04 series celebration, telling everyone to go out and vote for Bush, ruined Schilling for me. Good pitcher but an arrogant douche bag and a shameless self promoter.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

I completely forgot about that

"That changes things ... just a tad bit"

He can go fuck Joe the Plumber !!!

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

I completely forgot about that

"That changes things ... just a tad bit"

He can go fuck Joe the Plumber !!!

doc, you did not know or remember that schilling was the biggest "shill" for the republican party? it was excruciating to listen to this pile o shit schilling discuss politics with his uneducated mind. he's a fukkin moron and decided to let the whole world know about it. that's why we haven't heard much politically from him because after bush's approval rating plummeted like a mafia tossed body in the ocean, schilling's pr people told him to STFU

he's one of the biggest loudmouth know-it-alls who really does not know shit that i have ever heard, and for this reason, i hope he does not so much as even sniff the hall.

fukk curt schilling and everyone who looks like him

refresh me on that one partner ....

Was actually a 2-0 game now that I go back and look.

Ben Davis broke up one of Schilling's no-hitters in the 8th inning with a bunt single.

Schilling took offense that it broke one of the "unwritten rules" of baseball and bitched about it being "bush league".

In a 8-0 game I would have agreed. But it should never be against any "unwritten rule" in baseball to get the tying run on base in the 8th inning any way you can. Baseball is about winning the game, not about allowing someone the opportunity for personal achievements.

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

Grid:

you are soo right

I forgot about

doc, i don't typically talk about politics with ppl in social settings for obvious reasons, but not too long ago i was a party and some girl said that she thinks all politicans, including bush and cheney, are "good people who get into politics to help our country and its people". i could not contain myself so i explained to her and anyone within earshot that dick cheney is the biggest slimeball piece o shit i have ever seen in office, and donald 'let's get ready to rumble' rumsfeld is not any better. several ppl stood in stunned silence as i continued my diatribe explaining what horrible human beings these 2 useless pricks are, and then several of the stunned 'audience members' started nodding in agreement with me.

anyone who thinks cheney and rumsfeld are "good people" has lost his or her mind. the are the bottom of the bottom of the barrel in terms of mankind. they should be blindfolded and executed on national tv for their atrocities during the bush 'administration'

and i don't even wana get started on 'governor' bush and his election stealing ways

a group of real winners right there, all of them 2348ji23e

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

and for the record, i am not happy with our current president either

as a matter of fact, i dislike republican and democrat politicians just about equally

i am a libertarian and hoping/wanting change as soon as possible. the 2 party system is not working out. it's time for 'real change', not the same bullshit rhetoric we have been seeing for ages

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

fuck the 2 party system

folks think I love Barack

really?

the GOP ran Grampa and Lillie Munster with Joey the Plumber warming up in
the bullpen

Fuck it ... give a 3rd party option and I'm gone

I've had enough .... the Elite are draining this country like John Daly draining a keg of Budweiser

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

bob barr was not the best candidate we can put out there for the libertarian party

maybe ron paul who is more aligned with libertarian ideals than republican will run for us in 2012?

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Paul is getting too old

Feingold out of Wisconsin is my favorite

Kucinich is a bastard bulldog who is pissed

GET READY: I like Hagel (R) who is one tough POS ....

I've had it .... if Barack doesn't get his shit together and stop hiring folks
like Gates and company I am done ...

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

Don't like his politics--but loved his pitching. Forgotten about his backing for Bush. I think he gets in HOF first ballot. But after what they did to Pete Rose--I don't much care what happens in the HALL. (I don't forgive Rose---but GIVE ME A BREAK !)