Dink announces via Twitter his temporary retirement from sports betting

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Retire in the middle of the NHL postseason with Kentucky Derby matchups right around the corner?

Stop it.

Dink's pulling an "Alan Boston."

Alan Boston announced his retirement at least a dozen times over the past decade or so.

Last edited:

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Retire in the middle of the NHL postseason with Kentucky Derby matchups right around the corner?

Stop it.

Dink's pulling an "Alan Boston."

Alan announced his retirement at least a dozen times over the past decade or so.
As an avid Wrestling fan, Dink knows the value of a good retirement announcement. Terry Funk has retired at least 100 times. 1598419725865.png

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Dink needs to stop watching the news and reading about it.

Hockey horses and mlb.

Find your happy place.

Politics are pure sewage of the mind and body.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated

Hockey horses and mlb.

Find your happy place.

You giving life advice is completely laughable. You have about 4 screen names to post bad takes on every forum and tweet anonymously so no one has to know it's you.
Steal anyone's work lately, still trying to forn a team, still acting like best buddies with handicappers so you can sell it as if you're best buddies and hope guys will vouch for you?

No one here knows Alan personally here that should have these complete bullshit opinions. Variance is a complete nightmare when you're putting your entire life into this.

He says clearly he will return once life and sports return to normal... has anyone been paying attention to how lost linesmakers and sharps are everyday? When in history of NBA playoffs were totals moving 4.2 ppg and those moves arent profitable? Mlb totals moving by 25 cents.. every single one?

Scalpers, middlers and groups are making money here and there but the swings if you're doing this day in and out are a anomaly for all involved currently. If someone is winning it's not by a landslide
currently...
I mean except for that sharp Kelly in Vegas and those wager talk guys firing 200$ at a time are really knocking the shit out of the numbers.

So wish the guy well or don't, I guess you could wait for the rapture or whatever the hell is going on here but no need to ever be disrespectful.

So the guy hates the president.. welcome to 54% of the nation. Color me completely unshocked that became the narrative somehow.

Hope you are well and give my love to Hazel Alan.

Last edited:

jasson621

EOG Dedicated
Dink hasn't beaten a BM with his own stuff since 2008, he "retired" 12 years ago but forum rep has kept him alive and well. Now he is the bigrubber of twitter sad very sad.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
Dink hasn't beaten a BM with his own stuff since 2008, he "retired" 12 years ago but forum rep has kept him alive and well. Now he is the bigrubber of twitter sad very sad.

Lol forum rep? Isnt that cute. Yeah he's been paying bills, living in a beautiful home, eating at incredible resteraunts, traveling non stop, putting on wrestling shows, employing runners and assistants for 12 years off of the backs of 20 people posting about politics and the rapture this entire time.

railbird

EOG Master
You giving life advice is completely laughable. You have about 4 screen names to post bad takes on every forum and tweet anonymously so no one has to know it's you.
Steal anyone's work lately, still trying to forn a team, still acting like best buddies with handicappers so you can sell it as if you're best buddies and hope guys will vouch for you?

No one here knows Alan personally here that should have these complete bullshit opinions. Variance is a complete nightmare when you're putting your entire life into this.

He says clearly he will return once life and sports return to normal... has anyone been paying attention to how lost linesmakers and sharps are everyday? When in history of NBA playoffs were totals moving 4.2 ppg and those moves arent profitable? Mlb totals moving by 25 cents.. every single one?

Scalpers, middlers and groups are making money here and there but the swings if you're doing this day in and out are a anomaly for all involved currently. If someone is winning it's not by a landslide
currently...
I mean except for that sharp Kelly in Vegas and those wager talk guys firing 200$ at a time are really knocking the shit out of the numbers.

So wish the guy well or don't, I guess you could wait for the rapture or whatever the hell is going on here but no need to ever be disrespectful.

So the guy hates the president.. welcome to 54% of the nation. Color me completely unshocked that became the narrative somehow.

Here is Dinks 1st pro wrestler

Jb777

EOG Dedicated
I'm sure he's a nice guy and all but does anyone really care whether Dink is "retired" or not? Sports bettors with big egos is an oxymoron. Always gives me a good chuckle. Announcing your retirement on twitter also makes me chuckle.

Heim

EOG Master
Pitchers go on the DL when they can't get anyone out.....Dink's not winning, 60 day DL, he'll be back.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
The Best of it.

While Dink is in "The Best of It", he shared major roles with Alan Boston, Lem Banker and Ken Weitzman (The Shrink, founder of EOG). The "major" movie about him was "Lay the Favorite" (2012) starring Bruce Willis as Dink based on the book by his former assistant, Beth Raymer.

railbird

EOG Master
While Dink is in "The Best of It", he shared major roles with Alan Boston, Lem Banker and Ken Weitzman (The Shrink, founder of EOG). The "major" movie about him was "Lay the Favorite" (2012) starring Bruce Willis as Dink based on the book by his former assistant, Beth Raymer.
both movies sucked. i watched best of it recently, 4 very depressing characters.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master

currently...

You got me on the life advice.
Not my specialty.

Multuple forum names and stealing plays and forming a team. I have zero idea where you got this idea from.

I laughed when i read this.

I remember JK asking me before if i was lee sterling. Not even close.

I have no idea who im trying to vouch for me.

I think you have me mixed up with someone else.

If you give some insight ill answer.

Who is hazal alan?

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

Hockey horses and mlb.

Find your happy place.

All you're doing is showing your ass but you Clowns just don't care; it's amazing to me but to each their own. Depsite your best efforts, you could not do what Dink has already done for many moons, you don't have the balls or the brains. Know your fucking role.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
All you're doing is showing your ass but you Clowns just don't care; it's amazing to me but to each their own. Depsite your best efforts, you could not do what Dink has already done for many moons, you don't have the balls or the brains. Know your fucking role.
I said he should stay away from the news and focus on sports.

How is that "showing your ass"?

My intention was to offer something that at least works for me.

Stay away from the negative. Thats all.

If i didnt convey this well thats my fault.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I said he should stay away from the news and focus on sports.

How is that "showing your ass"?

My intention was to offer something that at least works for me.

Stay away from the negative. Thats all.

If i didnt convey this well thats my fault.

Perhaps I overreacted, my apologies. However, this does come on the heels of you talking about him "crying" about some shit, which I felt was disrespectful. I don't understand how Dink has trolls, how is the guy unlkeable?

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Perhaps I overreacted, my apologies. However, this does come on the heels of you talking about him "crying" about some shit, which I felt was disrespectful. I don't understand how Dink has trolls, how is the guy unlkeable?
My point about crying was a bad choice of words on my part.

I was stating how dink was constantly tweeting about things that seemed to be taking a toll on him instead of just shutting it out and diving into his sportsbetting.

No harm done.

Valuist

EOG Master
Horse racing the only legit thing to gamble on now. Maybe golf and tennis if that's your thing. But NBA players don't want to be in Orlando and MLB players scared of their own shadow.

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated
I always feel when high profile bettors go on record about losing they are actually winning to keep people from asking for loans.

Could imagine how many people seek Dink for financial help since he is a friendly guy.