Dink: What's up with this movie "Lay the favorite"?

cassiusclay

EOG Master
how did it happen? were you on the set when it was being made? did you have any artistic influence? is bruce willis a cool dude? inquiring minds want to know....

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Re: Dink: What's up with this movie "Lay the favorite"?

I've heard the film debuts January 21 at Sundance.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

i'm curious to know if he had any input in the making of the movie

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

just finished the book. disappointed that dink more or less disappeared midway through.
best parts were reading dink's humor and generosity. hated to read how many times his
so called friends stole from him. while he took it in stride i wanted to kill the punks.

gmenknicks

EOG Dedicated

just finished the book. disappointed that dink more or less disappeared midway through.
best parts were reading dink's humor and generosity. hated to read how many times his
so called friends stole from him. while he took it in stride i wanted to kill the punks.

agree with this..the rest of the book was not memorable...

The book is a far cry of the truth- Sure bits and pieces were true-but I would say 75% was written to sell books and get it made into a movie-

She described some the the characters to a tee-which if you knew them-would make you crack up-

All I say is good for her if she can make a few bucks-most writers embellish or stray from the 100% truth to make a good story-

we can leave it at that

dinkenson

EOG Dedicated

i was on the set for the first two weeks....i had some input in the gambling phrasing and storyline but i have a feeling the final product will lack in those areas as the people with the final say had no clue.......everyone was very nice....bruce willis was low key,thoughtful and very humble...he took interest in what i was doing for the kentucky derby and what my thoughts were on the mavs laker series....no interest in hockey but does like wrestling......rebecca hall was also very nice and extremely smart....very sweet, i predict a big career for her......stephen frears is one of my favorite people ever...eccentric with no evil and creative genius ....did not meet catherine zeta jones [ my wife ] or vince vaughn as they came in after i left

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

i was on the set for the first two weeks....i had some input in the gambling phrasing and storyline but i have a feeling the final product will lack in those areas as the people with the final say had no clue.......everyone was very nice....bruce willis was low key,thoughtful and very humble...he took interest in what i was doing for the kentucky derby and what my thoughts were on the mavs laker series....no interest in hockey but does like wrestling......rebecca hall was also very nice and extremely smart....very sweet, i predict a big career for her......stephen frears is one of my favorite people ever...eccentric with no evil and creative genius ....did not meet catherine zeta jones [ my wife ] or vince vaughn as they came in after i left

You would have enjoyed each other's company. Likes to gamble, loves to bet the horses.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

The book is a far cry of the truth- Sure bits and pieces were true-but I would say 75% was written to sell books and get it made into a movie-

She described some the the characters to a tee-which if you knew them-would make you crack up-

All I say is good for her if she can make a few bucks-most writers embellish or stray from the 100% truth to make a good story-

we can leave it at that

I felt the same way after I read it.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I like the superfecta of contributors (Mr.Smith, dinkenson, 2W2P2S and Bucky) listed above.

EOG is headed in the right direction.

dinkenson

EOG Dedicated

the movie is going to stray far from the book....i think gamblers may be disappointed...i am not a hoopla guy, may opt out on the premier and go up later for a lessor showing

focker

EOG Veteran

the movie is going to stray far from the book....i think gamblers may be disappointed...i am not a hoopla guy, may opt out on the premier and go up later for a lessor showing

kinda figured that cuz Beth runnin around doing boxing ect didnt seem like a blockbuster story line with all those big name actors, but the book makes for a good direction to head in

I could be mistaken (and probably wrong) wasn't Bruce Willis supposedly Capt Beefcake in
Michael Konik's book The Smart Money???

WVU

EOG Master

Any bootleg copies of the movie around?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I could be mistaken (and probably wrong) wasn't Bruce Willis supposedly Capt Beefcake in
Michael Konik's book The Smart Money???

Not sure, pete.

But I know Willis is a high-stakes gambler at The Borgata in Atlantic City.

Mr. Met

EOG Addicted

Hopefully Bobby the Owl doesn't get cut from the movie...