Dion Waiters overdosed on gummies

kane

EOG master
The Heat listed him as out for last night's game with an illness, turns out on the flight from Phoenix to LA he overdosed on gummies and was passed out when the plane landed, he had a seizure when he finally woke up. The team is being very tight lipped about this, but the guy who first reported it has a solid reputation down here, he's rarely wrong when he reports something, so I believe it's true. Don't know exactly what the "gummies" were, but my first thought was Tyler Skaggs, we'll see in the coming days how this plays out

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Hard to believe: Waiters did not start in his final season at Syracuse yet he was was drafted fourth overall in the 2012 NBA Draft by the Cleveland Cavaliers.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
For some reason, edibles fuck me up so much.... make me delusional and psychotic for an hour or so. I don’t know what it is, cause when I smoke, it has little effect and just makes me tired

kane

EOG master
For some reason, edibles fuck me up so much.... make me delusional and psychotic for an hour or so. I don’t know what it is, cause when I smoke, it has little effect and just makes me tired

I've eaten pot brownies before, but never had an edible, apparently Waiters had a panic attack

kane

EOG master
The Heat have suspended him 10 games without pay, and it isn't just due to this incident, there have been a few let's call them missteps by Waiters and the season has just started, I think there's a good chance he's played his last game in a Heat uniform, Miami doesn't put up with bullshit

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
The Heat have suspended him 10 games without pay, and it isn't just due to this incident, there have been a few let's call them missteps by Waiters and the season has just started, I think there's a good chance he's played his last game in a Heat uniform, Miami doesn't put up with bullshit
Dont you think this suspension is a cover up for rehab?

kane

EOG master
Dont you think this suspension is a cover up for rehab?

No, I think the suspension has to do with his overall behavior this season. Spo wanted him to come off the bench instead of starting, and instead of doing what's best for the team and accepting his role, he lashed out on social media, talking shit about Spo not being a good coach and only won because of LeBron and Wade, he didn't act like a professional, plus there have been other incidents involving him, the Heat finally had enough of his bullshit, they're an organizations that doesn't deal with bullshit from a player, it's the main reason why they traded Hassan Whiteside.

This is the statement put out by the Heat.

"We are very disappointed in Dion's actions this season that include the very scary situation on Thursday night, and grateful that the outcome wasn't worse. There have been a number of instances this season in which Dion has engaged in conduct detrimental to the team. Accordingly, he will be suspended without pay for 10 games, including the Lakers game last Friday, and will be eligible to return after the Golden St Warriors game on Nov 29th. We are proud of how our players have started the season. We expect all our players, including Dion, to conduct themselves in accordance with the highest standards, and to show professionalism and respect for their teammates, the team, the fans, and the NBA community."

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
No, I think the suspension has to do with his overall behavior this season. Spo wanted him to come off the bench instead of starting, and instead of doing what's best for the team and accepting his role, he lashed out on social media, talking shit about Spo not being a good coach and only won because of LeBron and Wade, he didn't act like a professional, plus there have been other incidents involving him, the Heat finally had enough of his bullshit, they're an organizations that doesn't deal with bullshit from a player, it's the main reason why they traded Hassan Whiteside.

Wow. I didn't catch that. He had beef w/ Kyrie going back to their early days in Cle, claiming that Kyrie and Tristan played Buddy-ball and excluded him,

kane

EOG master
Wow. I didn't catch that. He had beef w/ Kyrie going back to their early days in Cle, claiming that Kyrie and Tristan played Buddy-ball and excluded him,

Waiters has had issues everywhere he's been, but he's been good in Miami, Heat culture really helped him, but one thing the Heat does not stand for is unprofessionalism, and Waiters has been a headache this year. Just to show how a professional acts is the way Goran Dragic has handled his role coming off the bench, he's good enough to start, but the Heat felt it would be better for the team if he came off the bench and led the second unit, so even though he would rather be starting, Dragic has accepted his role in order to help the team, that's how good teammate acts, nit like a baby the way Waiters has acted. http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...0191020-ax57ozfwxnes3ofor3raavlxdi-story.html