Do You Need To Play Trubisky?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I like Matt Nagy because he's his own man.

He'll make the decision without apologies.

If memory serves, Nagy rested Trubisky in the final game of the 2018 NFL preseason and despite plenty of criticism, it looks to have been the right move.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I only liked it because no one else is doing it.

It also has the chance of catching the opponent off guard.
It does, but they have a struggling K in a dome that needs to get some confidence. Going for two there sends the wrong message. With their D, I wouldn’t give points away like that, make Detroit beat you.

MrTop

EOG Master
Chicago beat Detroit on short rest. Now the bears have 10 days to get ready for the giants note : ( the rams visit Chicago a week later ) like heim said.

the giants and the lions are about the same level with the bears giving the same amount of points vs the lions & giants. ( - 4.5 )

only the bears know for sure the difference between tribitsky and daniels.

the oddsmakers & the best NFL cappers have a very good idea after the turkey day game what daniels can do.

. Minnesota still has a couple of tough games. @ NE this week and travel to seattle as well as home to Chicago their last game.

plenty of games to play

Valuist

EOG Master
Daniels statistically had a decent game but appears to hold the ball too long. Lions got to him for four sacks and a few other close calls.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Daniels statistically had a decent game but appears to hold the ball too long. Lions got to him for four sacks and a few other close calls.

Knowing what to do and doing it are two separate skills.

See my record in EOG's Best Bet thread but please don't label me the Chase Daniel of EOG.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
Can the Bears catch the Rams or the Saints? A home field in the playoffs and maybe some cold weather at Soldier Field???

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
I would be careful if I was Nagy.

They may be 8-3 now but if they relax, it can go downhill pretty quickly.

They should go all out and beat the Giants, cause Rams, Minny and GB are all games they can lose (not saying they will but they can)

Last edited by a moderator:

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
I would be careful if I was Nagy.

They may be 8-3 now but if they relax, it can go downhill pretty quickly.

They should go all out and beat the Giants, cause Rams, Minny and GB are all games they can lose (not saying they will but they can)

Should have played Trubisky ( if healthy)

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
I don’t think he threw in practice last week. They’ve been very secretive about this injury.
He threw before the game and looked pretty good. He'll play next week. It won't be his arm that will give the Rams trouble if anything does, it'll be his feet.

Valuist

EOG Master
I was non plussed by the Rams last week. I know they got the cover but anyone who saw it had to think this did not look like the top team in the league.

blueline

EOG Master
Donald crushed the rookie he was lined up against in Detroit...facing a rookie on Bears OL..need Trubiskys mobility

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I don’t think the saints looked past Dallas, they were coming off a short week with travel, while Dallas played on thanksgiving at home.

raininthrees

Point Spread Nomad
I am always interested when two teams like this matchup enters the important time of year.
When you get teams with the spotlight on them and being new as the hunted and not the hunter
they reveal themselves and money can be earned.

Heim

EOG Master
I am always interested when two teams like this matchup enters the important time of year.
When you get teams with the spotlight on them and being new as the hunted and not the hunter
they reveal themselves and money can be earned.

Very true.....that explains the opener. Power rated this is a pick em game.

Valuist

EOG Master
I don’t think the saints looked past Dallas, they were coming off a short week with travel, while Dallas played on thanksgiving at home.

New Orleans also played on Thanksgiving, playing the night game against Atlanta. It was a rare Thursday night game last week where both teams were on a full week's rest.

Valuist

EOG Master
IMO, the key to the game is the Rams O-line vs the Bears pass rush. With a clean pocket, Goff is exceptional. Under pressure, he's a mess.