do you prefer lower juice or better line?

WVU

EOG Master
Which line would generate more action for a book?

UAB -5.5 at -121

or

UAB -6.5 at -108

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Re: do you prefer lower juice or better line?

UAB -6.5 at -108

generates much more action in my opinion..

WVU

EOG Master

so you are agreeing with triple try, Newport? Much more action on the -108?

newport2

EOG Dedicated

so you are agreeing with triple try, Newport? Much more action on the -108?
It doesn't matter what you deal uninformed gamblers with only one out. They are going to play. As far as your example for someone with a little clue, probably the -08. What sport?

WVU

EOG Master

well my example is a college football game. I am just trying to confirm that pinny will keep the number and charge higher juice to discourage action on that side. My example was Pinny's current line and the -108 line using the dropdown

I always get a better line with good juice, still lots of uninformed locals in my neck of the woods.

newport2

EOG Dedicated

well my example is a college football game. I am just trying to confirm that pinny will keep the number and charge higher juice to discourage action on that side. My example was Pinny's current line and the -108 line using the dropdown
They probably took a random wager at -5.5 -13 they don't respect and won't move to 6. I know nothing about this game. Good Luck

If they want to discourage action on a particular side, all they have to do is deal a market number at -111 and no one with a clue would bet it when they can bet -110 on the other side at a zillion places. A lot of their line moves are done automatically by the software, and someone needs to manually adjust it to get the vig flat again.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

And steak ends the discussion by saying it's the opposite in his experience.

WVU

EOG Master

actually in my experience the opposite..........squares care about the number more than juice.....they can tell their friends they laid 5.5 instead of 6.5 when the game closes 7.5.they dont mention the juice though

first rule i tell an agent if a guy asks for 05 he sharp period....squares never ask for 05.....theyd rather get a Ham for christmas

Personally, would always take the better line but parlay it with a ML such as Pats -1200 tonight to reduce the juice down to 11 to 10 or better.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

We're going to need more data from the marketplace do analyze possible value here! LOL!

WVU

EOG Master

yeah, we need more data. I like Steak's answer, but I would love to hear from more books

I'll take the better line any day. I shop around to find the best line with the lowest juice.